Huge epiphany!!! Power of Prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have fought my belief and upbringing in God and the church.
    For many years.
    But since I started my recovery I have seeking ANY and ALL options to make me better.
    So I have started to pray twice everyday.

But just a little bit ago I was going to "text" my ex and tell her that every morning and every night I pray that God just "opens" her heart to me.
    (Not to bring her back to me,Just open her heart and let her "see" me again)
    Then is dawned on me.
    We had a big argument this week and one of the things she said to me was, "You call me every morning and every night,So you are the first and last thing on my mind" ( I DO NOT!!!)
    Almost the only time I call her phone is when the girls don't answer theirs.
    I have been trying to let my actions "speak" not my words!!
    She has heard to many "words" from me!!

So I may be crazy or "grasping at straws" but i think God IS speaking her when I pray!!!

MUCH LOVE and PEACE

Bob

p.s. Pray for me and my family

i think its a beautiful pic.(are you serious pighead?) God is mysterious. I sure cant interpret. All we can do is focus on what we do and try to be nice.
    Tam

Comment

I agree that God is mysterious. I wish you well Bob. Your children are beautiful.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

LMFAO!!!!!!!
        Are you serious this is where you want to take your problem with me !!
        You are a joke!
        Not that it is ANY of your business they KNOW and have seen the pic.
        They are proud of me as I am of them!!!
        I am totally OPEN with them about me being a member here.
        I am totally HONEST with them, They have seen almost all of my post here (good and bad).
        With the exception of my dealings with you!! Although they know of our "beef"
        Two concepts I doubt you can relate to.(Openness & Honesty)
        And as you have you have been banned as every incarnation of of your sick self good luck with contacting the Moderators/Administrators!!
        If the Forum Moderators care to they could speak to them on the phone to confirm the fact that they know their pic is here.

On a another note Montana Mommy and NoraC thank you !!!

Bob

Comment

Why is it wrong to show pictures of your children? I really don't understand your feelings on this. Is it because of the nature of this group or do you think showing pictures of your children on any internet forum is wrong (meaning facebook, myspace, etc.)?
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'll leave your strange new world to yourselves

Please DO !!!

Comment

You are so funny!!!
              LMAFO!!!!!!

Comment

Pro, I think its wonderful you are having a relationship with God. He really does want what is best for us.

Your girls must be very proud of you for turning your life around.

M2

Comment

propartychief;812918 wrote: I have fought my belief and upbringing in God and the church.
                  For many years.
                  But since I started my recovery I have seeking ANY and ALL options to make me better.
                  So I have started to pray twice everyday.

But just a little bit ago I was going to "text" my ex and tell her that every morning and every night I pray that God just "opens" her heart to me.
                  (Not to bring her back to me,Just open her heart and let her "see" me again)
                  Then is dawned on me.
                  We had a big argument this week and one of the things she said to me was, "You call me every morning and every night,So you are the first and last thing on my mind" ( I DO NOT!!!)
                  Almost the only time I call her phone is when the girls don't answer theirs.
                  I have been trying to let my actions "speak" not my words!!
                  She has heard to many "words" from me!!

So I may be crazy or "grasping at straws" but i think God IS speaking her when I pray!!!

MUCH LOVE and PEACE

Bob

p.s. Pray for me and my family
                  In praying,we ask simply that throughout the day God place in us the best understanding of his will that we can have for that day,and that we be given the grace by which we may carry it out,....There is a direct linkage among self-examination,meditation,and prayer.Taken separately,these practices can bring much relief and benefit,But when they are logically related and interwoven,the result is an unshakable foundation for life..
                  Praying for you bob & family, keep fighting the fight.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

As you all know I have a picture of one of my children posted too, he is one of the reason's I am here, I see what you are saying Pinhead, but what really is going to happen to them? I know Pro is totally honest with his family and that he has the support of them too, I feel it is up to each and everyone of us to use our discretion when it comes to our children, it is in no way offensive, they are beautiful girl's Pro and I like seeing them with you, xx Twitch

Comment

Hi P I think your picture is wonderful and its nice to see your girls looking so happy with you :l

Pig head as we are all trying to rebuild lives here I suggest you concentrate more on your own life and leave others be. Why not try giving positive advice to people instead of critiscism!!!
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Sorry PH, but I am going to hijack this thread back off you. I see you have opened up another thread to discuss posting photos of children on the internet so I am going to revert to the original subject of prayer.

Guys, do me a favour. If anything happens to me and my family, DO NOT pray for us. Think about us, send us your good wishes but I do not want prayers.

If you pray, I would think you believe in a higher being that answers your prayers. Personally, I think there is no higher being (or lower one for that matter.)

I was raised in a cult (The World Wide Church of God). Luckily, I escaped when I was 14.

I really think believing in the power of pray and a god takes the focus away from real life and what you can achieve for yourself.

One of my mother's mantras was "I love god and the church first, then my husband and then my children." She was so focused on something that could not be proved that she neglected real life.

It's no wonder I resorted to AL! But I will get through this with the help of professionals and friends. I'm more likely to be granted three wishes by a fairy godmother than have a prayer answered.

Comment

Wow, Spam you grew up in that whacko church too. I also left when I was 14. I have aunts and uncles who still attend the church. Fortunately for me I never lost faith in God. He has been there for me too many times to count. He is the one I know I can always go to for comfort, and the one I know will always understand. I may not always understand his timing, but I have never been let down.

It was a happy day when my parents got kicked out for questioning Herbert W. and his version of the bible.

Comment

Pro...
                            hang in there buddy
                            good luck with your family
                            I am sending love and stregth
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Spam;813065 wrote: If you pray, I would think you believe in a higher being that answers your prayers. Personally, I think there is no higher being (or lower one for that matter.)
                              I really think believing in the power of pray and a god takes the focus away from real life and what you can achieve for yourself.
                              Well put Spam. This outlines one of my chief concerns with prayer. We live in a world that is cruel, where many individual lives are short and brutal. By expecting a personal god to rescue us from the perils of life, or to ensure we have a place in a blessed hereafter, runs the risk of ignoring life in the here and now, the only life there is any evidence we have. When we look closely at the innovations and improvements that have been undertaken for humankind, we can always trace it back to some human agency. As such, we have to do our best to improve our conditions here and not expect things to be done for us by supernatural intervention.

Your comments remind me of another point. Another reason I've never engaged in prayer is that if there were a god, I have some serious grievances that I would wish to outline. For one thing, why does the majority of the human population live in abject suffering and misery? Why, if the world is the product of benevolent omnipotent design, are there so many inefficient products of nature? No one asks to be born, so the least one would expect from a providentially ordered universe would be a decent chance for all earthly inhabitants to thrive. Since this clearly isn't the case, I can't help but think there is a certain degree of human arrogance in prayer. Amidst our problems, we all have it relatively easy compared to the lives most people in the world live, so why would we have the audacity to assume that a benevolent deity is personally concerned with our lives when so many of our fellow humans face lives filled with abject misery?

I shall end this post with the following passage, attributed to the ancient philosopher Epicurus.

'Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then how can there be evil?'

Comment

Working...
                              X