What is wrong with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with me

I have been AF free for quite some time and feel good, but today I got another call of a friend who has passed away. My stress level is beyond belief with my son who has decided school is not important. So after months of being AF I think have a drink. Just for today!!!! Tomorrow I will go back to not drinking. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!

What is wrong with me

You are an alchochic.

No kidding aside.

Yep, been there done that.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

What is wrong with me

I don't want to be anymore!!!!!!!! Just wish it was that easy!!!

Comment

What is wrong with me

Time, I'm sorry for your loss (yet again). Nothing is wrong with you. That's just the way it is. It is our knee jerk reaction. You KNOW that. You know that a drink won't ease your feelings about loosing your friend. A drink won't make your son change his mind about his study habits. Focus on you and what is good for you. It is the only thing you can control. PM me if you need to chat, OK?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

What is wrong with me

Time......Problems come and go.....Life goes on ! Drinking is'nt going to change anything....In your life or anybody's ! Obla-de-oblada-life goes on ! Deal.....with our problems....Hang on Time.....drinking is'nt going to change anything ! Lots of love IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

What is wrong with me

Time,
            Dont do it! think of how much better you will feel tommorow. come here and chat with folks it will help and this desire will pass.

Comment

What is wrong with me

I wish a drink could erase the pain. I know it doesn't. I don't think anything does. I do know a drink won't really help. I felt the urge to drink yesterday. I was so mad. I didn't and today I am glad. Hang in there sweetheart. xoxo rudemama

Comment

What is wrong with me

There is nothing wrong with you Time. For so many years we used alcohol to deal with EVERYTHING--especially stress and sad and uncomfortable situations. I'm afraid to even think about how I will handle my first really stressful situation sober. I'm willing to bet the thought of drinking and smoking crosses my mind. It's not "normal" but it's is how are brains are wired. The important thing is that we use our knowledge that the drink won't help to work through the stress other ways.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hang in there! :l
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

What is wrong with me

i totally know what you mean but as everyone has said it wont help, really dont do it be strong, come to chat if you need to, xxx Twitch

Comment

What is wrong with me

ditto what everybody else says....don't do it...you will hate yourself
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

What is wrong with me

Time 2, I am so sorry for your loss. I know it hurts.......remember, after the shock and grief, there will come a time, when you will celebrate your friends life.

As for your thought of Alcohol......It is called ADDICTION, no rhyme or reason to it. As they say in AA, it is cunning and baffling.

Please be willing to Feel Your Life, all of it! This is what heals us. This is what gives us the substance to live a sober life. This is what sets us Free!

XXX Kate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

What is wrong with me

Time is on your side Hon ! We are here for ya! IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

What is wrong with me

time2change;816401 wrote: I don't want to be anymore!!!!!!!! Just wish it was that easy!!!
                          Unfortunately, the truth hurts. I don't want to be an alkie anymore either. But I am.

We can do this. We can beat this thing. Many have and many more will.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

What is wrong with me

I don't want to be one anymore either. But I am.
                            Remember, you are not alone...hang in there!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

What is wrong with me

I don't want to be one either...but I am too.
                              Sorry to hear of your loss Time 2.
                              Come back to the boards and share, you will feel better.
                              I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
                              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                              X