i don't know why i'm posting this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone - i am sitting here with an ice pack on my head because i'm so hung over. i've been drinking so much less since i found this site, and i think that i felt that as long as i paid close attention to my drinking i could control it. i know that sounds typical for a problem drinker, but i thought if i was really aware, you know REALLY, i could keep the overuse from happening. i guess not. i made an ass of myself last night, i realize (again) that i'm poisoning myself and my life. my knee is all torn up and throbbing, and i feel like i could live happily ever after without ever seeing a bar again. again i have nothing to say and i don't even know why i'm typing this. i just want to let you all know that i appreciate you taking the time to be here.

hello

sometimes all we need is to put fingers to keys and it makes a feel a little better, i to had a few last night and probably has spoilt going out tonight.

Comment

Hey Freckles, I know how tough it is! I find it good just to put my feelings about drinking 'out there' sometimes because sharing how rough we feel with people that understand, actually makes us feel better (and accepted by people that have been there!)
      You are conscious about your drinking and that is a good place to start. So you had too much last night, its not the end of the world.
      Hope your knee gets better soon.
      Amelia
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

thank you both for your understanding. it does feel a little better to put it out there to people who know. i woke up this morning and the first thing i said to my husband was 'i need to quit drinking' and his response was 'no, you just need to drink less'. ha. then he calls me later on the phone to see how i'm doing, and he casually asks me ' so why did you slap (insert male name here) last night?' i'm horrified because 1. i don't remember doing this and 2. i 'm a pacifist. and my husband doesn't think i have a problem. we know better!

Comment

Hang in there Freckles. It is a painful thing. I'm glad you are finding a sense of humor in it all - that can save you sometimes.

Maybe if you slapped hubby around, he would see the problem. :H I'm kidding, of course.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

freckles;

Hang in there, we've all had bad nights and definetely for myself the periodic night of not remembering everything we did or said..Life goes on and so do we.. Hope your knee is feeling better. Just being here will help a great deal!

:welcome: Brandy

Comment

thanks for all the support. i just want to update an item. according to hubby i landed a punch square on his jaw.(didn't slap him) he also deserved it (supposedly), but i don't know the details because i asked my husband to spare me. so at the end of the day, i've recovered some what physically and mentally, but i hope the lesson sticks this time. :happyheart: :happyheart:

Comment

I can so relate

Hi Freckles,

I can so relate to your words. My husband is the same way. "Just drink less??" That is worse for me than drinking nothing at all. You can't just have one applies to alcohol as well as chips. LOL

I can also relate to embarrassing the heck out of myself and then somehow by the sheer luck it all ends of being ok. We breathe a sigh of relief and start forgetting how bad this episode was. Then we drink ourselves into oblivion again and think "dam it, didn't I learn my lesson last time?"

Our problem with alcohol will never change. The only think we can change is ourselves. I think the biggest thing that I got our of the cds was "This is not who I am anymore." I am so sure it is embedded in those discs somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I did topa and all the supps too, but this program will start to chip away at our terrible relationship with alcohol.

I am not a believer in moderation, but that is because I have recently found out I am allergic to alcohol as well as addicted. So for those who are allergic, think highly about moderation.

Anyway. This program saved my life and I am back for second try. I am doing campral this time around.

Take Care,
                Nina

Comment

thanks nina - i need to order those cd's. how do you know if you are allergic to alcohol?
                  my dad tried campral but he stopped taking it because of sexual side effects:yuk: i think he's too old anyway and well that's all just gross to talk about, but do you like it so far? thanks again!

Comment

Did you ever find out why you slappe dthe one guy and punched your husband.

See...my problem is I woudl have to know.
                    Every man has the right to tend to his garden.

Comment

Hhhhmmm, last night was a night for a few of us, it seems. I went out and got smashed too, had a great time and am not too hungover, but feel bad for drinking so damn much.
                      Started out doing pretty good on this program, but have fallen. Time to get back on it - oye. I wish I could moderate, but not so sure anymore....

Comment

no no i didn't slap the guy i punched him. as for hubby i've never even in a real arguement with him, much less hit him... he was fine. as far as wanting to know, it would take something really rude to make me that mad. i'm not a mean drunk, he is a loadmouth who had it coming. i don't need to know what got me so badly, but it would probably hurt my feelings to hear it. so...ignorance is a LA LA LA LA LA i can't hear you LA LA bliss.

Comment

need some help

I am trying to quit drinking after years of alcohol abuse.............but i seem to have serious problems sleeping without 8 or 10 shots.I tried the sudden stop,my body didnt like it...is continual cut back or weening the answer?

Comment

need a friend

i need someone to help me thru this terrible addicton............Imoutdoorone@bellsouth.net

Comment

if you need sleep, you should talk to a doc to get some short term meds that are probably much safer for your body than that many shots...if you have a lack of insurance (as many of us do) I would seriously recommend a hot bath with 4-8 drops of lavendar essential oil and some deep breathing. it can really do the trick. take care doorone keep in touch and if you haven't already start a thread in the intro forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X