rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rock bottom

hi just spent 4 days in hospital having gone through some terrifying WD symptoms ...... so realistic hallucinations and other symptoms the dr admitted me ....... they detoxed me and looked after me but then the hallucinations came back and i thought i was being held against my will and taking me to prison faught back against hospital security thinking they were trying to kidknap me ... ended up in a secure hospital isolated room guarded by the security people ....... they had dosed me up with something or other but did detox me at the same time .... i have nothig but praise for those NHS medical staff ....... at home now ....... my NAL scrip has been stopped and feel strangely serene at the moment ...... day 10 AF now ...... mainly due to hospital experience and severe WD ... went to DAA meeting last night and got a temporary sponsor ........ apparently the next stage ...... hopefully there wont be one is seizures ..... thought i'd start a thread partly for my own recovery diary but also for any advice anyone out there on this big planet might be able to pass on ..... dr has upped my campral to 6 a day ...... will be posting less after next week as i have to give my laptop back to work ...... no job after 31 august due to AL ........ any way hope you all are doing fine ........ and even in the fog of my mind i still worked out pompey lost yesterday ...... this really does feel like last chance saloon ... my story is becoming more and more like some of the big book acccounts ....... all the best PM x
    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

rock bottom

Hi Pompeyman, feck what an awful experience that must have been. Maybe this will sink in and make all the difference, you know you can do this dont you. Glad you are back with us, do keep posting.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

rock bottom

oh pompeyman what an experience. i really hope this is now time for you to stay sober, you dont want to go through that again. please keep this thread going, its a great tool for you to record your feelings and as you say it will help others. wishing you all the strength in the world
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

rock bottom

:thanks:thanks spuddle and ktab ....... worst thing is i must have been struggling back so much in my delusional state one of the security people must have hit me in the face and broke my glasses ...... got a sore cheek bone ......dont remember a thing ........ thing is this was a rebound hallucination i remember the hours in hospital before when i was on a drip and being given diazepam ........ you just dont overcome these WDs and then are better .... guess bit like having a flashback ......... hopefully wont have any more especally as i live alone ........ do feel loads better today tho ......... have a great day ..... im just chilling watching old episode of mission impossible ........ enough to turn anyone to drink!!!!! take care PM x
        I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Comment

rock bottom

Oh, sweetheart! I'm so sorry for what you've been through, but this has GOT to be you're turning point. You've been to Hell, Pompey, now you have the chance, and resources, and hopefully, the will, to climb all the way to the top. I'll walk with you, if you'll let me. I have no magic answer, but it took a while to get where your were, and it will take a while to get out. So glad you came back here.:hug:
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rock bottom

Crikey PM, that was some experience.
            I'm really pleased that you got through it and came out the other end.
            J x
            :l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

rock bottom

thanks everyone ...and yes ruby .... if my experiences this week arent my turning point god help me ...... even now the alchohol services here in plymouth are giving me one last throw of the die ..... they have put me to the top of a waiting list for a full daily proramme of support ....... rehab without the residential element .......... bounced me up from 10th place to ist .... one last opportunity as well as my own self will this forum and DAA/AA + now no job so i can just dedicate all my life for now to recovery ........... come on!!!!!!! there is a positive aspect to this potential life threatening situation .... PM x... help me accept the things i cannot change and courage to change the things i can .....nfire:

Comment

rock bottom

Pompey, glad to see you're 'on fire' for this recovery!!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rock bottom

PM - sorry to read about your frightening experience. But if this is your bottom and your turning point, then it's a good thing. You are right - take advantage of this time off work to focus on you and your healing and recovery. I am a member of AA too and it has helped me immensely along with My Way Out. The face to face support and opportunity to make new sober friends is precious to me. I hope your experience is similar.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

rock bottom

PM,

I am very grateful that I have never experienced something like that- it must have been terrifying. I'm glad you came out of it OK.

Strength to you!
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

rock bottom

:day4:good mornng all ..... quick upate ...still AF ..... now having good deep sleeps ...... no more hallucinations at moment ....... sleep cycle seems to be normalising ....... brain has slowed down ... mind not jumping from one awful senario to another at moment ..... becoming more stable ....... sticking to my daily plan which i started writing again once the fog had lifted ...... big day wed .... my last pay day before i finish my job ..... always a huge trigger day ..... any ideas to plan for getting thro the day??? my whole flat has been cleaned from top to bottom!!!! i always used to try to find some funny aspect to the whole situation to help me get thro ..... dont feel like it this time ... just dont want to go back to where ive been recently .... sorry for such a selfish post but i find it quite carthartic at this point in my ongoing recovery ...... just had a huge storm here in england overnight .... maybe a metaphore washing away the cobwebs of my addiction ....... am still feeling the effects of going thro the "wringer" of last few days but quite a bit more confident ...... oh and unbelievably my liver function results are back from hosp and there are elevated readings but no permanent damage ..... something for my gradtiude list ... quite a big one!!! ..... i hope all is well with all of you in MWO land ... take care PM

Comment

rock bottom

hi all MWO ers ...... just an update no more hallucinations and my sleep cycle is stablising .... deep sleep returning ........ big one for gratitude list .... head still a bit "foggy" but am back to writing a daily plan and trying to stick to it to best of my ability ...... wed will be a big trigger day last pay day before no job ...... any ideas as to how to get thro the day gratefully received .... sorry for selfish posts at moment but finding it quite carthartic .... hope all is well with all of you MWOers .... take care PM

Comment

rock bottom

Hi Pompeyman,

Good to hear you're feeling a bit better today. And really good news about your liver tests!

Yes, that was a helluva storm last night; woke me up at about 3am!

MF

Comment

rock bottom

Hi there Pompeyman,
                            What you went through must have been truly terrifying. But hey, look at your latest post... optimism, determination, confidence and a sense of humour.... all these wonderful qualities to help you settle into AF mode. Take care of your liver. And take care of yourself.

Comment

rock bottom

Pompey
                              I cannot imagine how terrifying the whole thing must have been...is there any way you can save your job??? Or do you have the means to take some time and work on you???
                              my thoughts and prayers are with you
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X