Hello Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Again

Hello Everybody. I figured I would stop by and give an update on my sobriety. I made a thread quite some time ago, how I was fighting fatigue, and depression, and it made the act of getting sober seem pointless.

Well, After I got a lot more sober time in, I'm feeling and doing great. Things just really started coming together. I'm over 16 months now, and I feel that the booze is completely out of my system.

Now, I know you might say, "of course it is out of your system after 16 months." but, I'm talking about the residual effects. The aforementioned fatigue and apathy.

For the hard core drinkers (I'm talking sloppy ass drunks for a long period of time) it is going to take a long time before you have the booze out of your system. I'm not writing this to discourage anybody, but to encourage them.

I've read so many post where people would get 30, 60, even 90 days AF, and then break because of the anxiety, and guilt, and stress.

I want to say that that stuff will go away. Everybody has a different rehab time. I never thought I'd find mine. I was miserable for so long. But, I got things together, and feel "normal." And it's great!!

So, I just wanted to write and say that anyone, even the hard core users and abusers, can get their brain and body and emotions back in check with time and effort.

Love to all. :l:h
    where does this go?

Hello Again

G'day Morri!

You speak the truth. Terrific job on 16 months af! That is a huge achievement.
    It's super to see you again.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello Again

thats fantastic. thanks for the reminder
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hello Again

WOW! Talk about a surprise! Nice to hear from you!!!!

Thanks for the update, morrison. I am sooooooooooooo happy to hear how well you are doing! And what you say is completely true. It doesn't happen overnite for most!

Keep in touch. Have a good one!

Comment

Hello Again

Morrison!! So good to see you and thrilled to hear how well you're doing!!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello Again

Well done morrison 16 months is brilliant, thanks for droping bye.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hello Again

Hey Morrison,

I remember you!

Brilliant! AF for 16 months. Way to go.

Stop over to the monthly abs section if you are so inclined. There are lots of people with some solid AF behind them and some great newbies with some serious intent to stay AF.

I'm so happy that you found your way out of the misery of drinking and I'm happy you checked in to let us know how you are doing.

M3
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

Hello Again

Thank you so much for the inspirational words. I congratulate you on your sobriety!
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hello Again

Good to know you are doing so well! Congrats and thanks for checking in.

Comment

Hello Again

Thanks for your words. I've just had a day at over 5 months were I'm tired, fatigued as you have written. I've stuck it out ODAT(1 hour at a time this evening), and am still AF.

Comment

Hello Again

Hang in there UKBlonde. It sounds like you are going through a rough patch. Just ride it, don't drink, and it will get better. The more AF you have behind you, the less rough patches you will have. M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

Hello Again

Morrison, it's great to hear that you are doing well and to hear your message of strength and hope.

UK, HANG IN THERE!!!! Drinking will never be the answer. This WILL get easier.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello Again

hi doggy girl an morrison if your out there, hope youre both still on the wagon, that s really made my day reading this,dont know if u remember me rachel 28!! im 4 mths sober and currently attending a post detox programe 4 days a week, lol im doing woodwork! hammer and chisel stuff! allotment digging an hard labour and getting some awesome muscles from it!! a parenting group and also one on one counselling and i think it s working, ive split up with previous ex and driven away the best most decent man i ever met because i kept relapsing an he couldnt cope, but despite that im positive that with the support ill make it, im waiting to go into residential rehab for 3 mths but too many people are relying on me to dissapear for 3 mths, ive moved back home with mum as her partner died 2 years ago and my sister s got a 2 yr old that she cant bond with so ive slightly taken over as mum which is ant good, but my sons happy and were making good progress, oh i hopoe to hear from you morrison im so happy your alright xxx
                          if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got!

Comment

Hello Again

Morrison, I am SO, SO happy for you.
                            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Hello Again

Just checking in to say hello

Hello to all you abstainers. it's been ages. figured i drop a couple lines.

Nothing new for me. i work, a lot. and study. and try to squeeze in work outs.

So, not much of a personal life, but that is fine. It is what works for me. Not too far away from the 3 year mark. hard to believe.

Can't wait until it is consistently warm outside. hard to stay positive with dreary weather.

Hope all is well. Peace.
                              where does this go?

Comment

Working...
                              X