Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Topa tonight

Hi all,

I just had the prescription for Topamax called in this morning. My psychiatrist agreed to let me give it a try. She is extremely knowledgable in medications and feels that I will definitely have the cognitive side effects. But she said the good thing is I can just stop taking it and things will go back to normal. If you call drinking a bottle of wine a night normal!
    I am really hoping I may be one of the very few who doesn't have a problem with this medication. I so want this to work. I am a little frightened though about the drug....but at the same time excited to give it a try.
    She wants me to stay on 25 mg a day until she sees me in 2 weeks. I know the program schedule has you bump up to 2x a day in the second week but I am going to trust that she knows what she is doing. She has never steared me wrong before.

I am worried about calling the couch a cat! I said in my first post that I was in the customer service business and the last thing I want or need to is to have a problem speaking! Please tell me this is going to be doable

Thanks all......

Starting Topa tonight

My first week....

Hi. I am at the end of my first week on Topa. I will begin with 50mg today. I can honestly say I have seen no side effects at all with the 25 mg. Maybe I have and just haven't noticed??? That would be weird though. The good thing is, you take the 25mg in the afternoon, when your day is done at work. Even when you go up to the 50 mg, you still take it in the afternoon. If anything, I have just been tired and slept better at night. Don't be afraid, just go for it. - Are you taking anything else with it? The Kudzu Recovery or anything?
    Good luck - all will be well.

Comment

Starting Topa tonight

I am not going to do the supplements or hypno cd's. I just can't afford it...as it is the Topa is not a formulary drug on my plan so it is going to cost me big time!

So do the side effects happen right after you take it so that any word issues would be at night? That would be great...my husband will fun with this!

Comment

Starting Topa tonight

I started Topamax, too!

Hi Jane:

I just wanted to say that I started topamax on Nov. 8th as well as perhaps we can compare notes. My doctor told me to start at 50 a day. However, I am also doing the CDs and supplements! Good luck!

Jen

Comment

Working...
        X