Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joys of being sober

Hi all
    I was coming home from work and called in to my mothers,the next door neighbor was banging her carpet rug against the wall while 2 young lads(about 13) where watching her.
    One of the lads said "what you doing that to the rug for? will it not start?" to which the neighbor replied "its not a fecking magic carpet".

Now this is not hilarious but i could not stop laughing...if i was not sober a few weeks now i don't think i would have even noticed what was going on around me

The joys of being sober

LMAO! Nice one
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

The joys of being sober

Haha good one So true, all the moments we can catch when we're sober and engaged with what's going on.
      AF since 13th July 2010
      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

The joys of being sober

sooo true, the moments missed being hungover and anxiety ridden rob us of the simple joys of life.

Thanks for sharing that lol

Comment

The joys of being sober

Great story Jodie
          I remember after a few weeks sober, a friend from here and I were talking and I can't even remember what was said but we both laughed and giggled like crazy over something really stupid and I thought, wow.... Sober actually can be fun! :H
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

The joys of being sober

i can relate to that chillgirl lol

Comment

The joys of being sober

PeaceSeeking;964839 wrote: sooo true, the moments missed being hungover and anxiety ridden rob us of the simple joys of life.

you couldn't have put it better peacekeeping

Comment

The joys of being sober

PeaceSeeking;964839 wrote: sooo true, the moments missed being hungover and anxiety ridden rob us of the simple joys of life.

For me so much more true than moments missed being drunk. Then I normally found something amusing, but it's the anxiety ridden hangover time that seems to rob us of most.

Comment

The joys of being sober

jodiex;964810 wrote: Hi all
                  I was coming home from work and called in to my mothers,the next door neighbor was banging her carpet rug against the wall while 2 young lads(about 13) where watching her.
                  One of the lads said "what you doing that to the rug for? will it not start?" to which the neighbor replied "its not a fecking magic carpet".

Now this is not hilarious but i could not stop laughing...if i was not sober a few weeks now i don't think i would have even noticed what was going on around me
                  Did it not have a kick start Jodi? :H

Seriously though, totally get where you are coming from, its like a long time fog has lifted.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

The joys of being sober

Jodie - funny story! Isn't it great to be able to focus on others that surround you rather than dwell on yourself and be down in the dumps?
                    AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

The joys of being sober

ronaldolover;964948 wrote: Jodie - funny story! Isn't it great to be able to focus on others that surround you rather than dwell on yourself and be down in the dumps?
                      Its a long time since i laughed like that,and it feels soooo good

Comment

The joys of being sober

Good one. I had one this morning. I am at work and we are having a potluck for a going-away party today. My co-worker has a crockpot of green beans going under a chair.

Boss comes in, sits in the chair, and after a few minutes realizes his butt is a little wamer than it should be. He jumps up and says "Oh great! Now my butt is going to smell like green beans all day!" For some reason, we all thought that was hilarious. Imagine what the dog will think when he comes home.
                        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
                        X