Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick check-in

Hello everyone!

No, I haven't fallen into an abyss... just work has kicked in at full speed, kids and grand kids demand attention, oh - Mr. Wonderful and the great barn building adventure does, too...

That said, there's a lot of other things going on... yes, I am trying to 'moderate' again and success is limited, as always. A neighbour (ya know, within 3 mile radius counts) is having issues with both his marriage and drinking (didn't know until now that he had a problem 30 years ago and now has again)... I offered support to him (and he has taken me up once so far) as well as accompanying him to the local AA meeting, if he wishes (that would nicely take care of my own cowardice, wouldn't it!?:H)... son is turning 18 today (still no work)... blahblahblah

Oh.. and I finally got a surgery date today (full hysterectomy) - the week before the final horse show, of course.. not sure yet if that's changeable, or if I'll have to call it quits on riding season (well, competing, anyways).

Anywhoooooo... that's it in a nutshell... I'm around, just very VERY little time right now. Last night I worked until 1am
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Just a quick check-in

sunshine_gg;965406 wrote: Hello everyone!

No, I haven't fallen into an abyss... just work has kicked in at full speed, kids and grand kids demand attention, oh - Mr. Wonderful and the great barn building adventure does, too...

That said, there's a lot of other things going on... yes, I am trying to 'moderate' again and success is limited, as always. A neighbour (ya know, within 3 mile radius counts) is having issues with both his marriage and drinking (didn't know until now that he had a problem 30 years ago and now has again)... I offered support to him (and he has taken me up once so far) as well as accompanying him to the local AA meeting, if he wishes (that would nicely take care of my own cowardice, wouldn't it!?:H)... son is turning 18 today (still no work)... blahblahblah

Oh.. and I finally got a surgery date today (full hysterectomy) - the week before the final horse show, of course.. not sure yet if that's changeable, or if I'll have to call it quits on riding season (well, competing, anyways).

Anywhoooooo... that's it in a nutshell... I'm around, just very VERY little time right now. Last night I worked until 1am
    So nice to see you Sunny! I was thinking about you just this morning!

:h Coco
    Coco

Comment

Just a quick check-in

I have been missing you so much Sunni!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that you checked in. :l:l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just a quick check-in

Nice seeing you, Sunnybutt :l
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Just a quick check-in

Hiya GG .......... nice to see you ........ I totally understand the lack of time to spend here, this place is kind of addictive, cant stop at one (post) :H:H:H

Keep us posted and take care sweetie xxx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Just a quick check-in

Sunnybutt! So glad the name i gave you stuck!!! I understand busy, really. But having work, a busy family, is awesome. Hope your friend takes help, and hope your modding works.
            As for the hysterectomy, remember this will have a huge impact on your body. So plan NOW to do nothing for several weeks. Powering through DOES NOT WORK, it weakens you in the long run. I had to have one when I was 32, much younger and stronger than I am now, and wise women told me it would take 6 months to get back to normal. I tried to be good for a week or so, but then my hyper-activity kicked in, and I made all the dresses for my brother's wedding. BAD move. I nearly passed out at the altar as a bridesmaid, and Hubs carried me home. It was weeks before I could get out again without exhaustion. So do what your body needs, hang the rest, and you'll be better much faster. We tend not to believe the advice given us when we're active, but there's a reason to take care.
            Keep us up-to-date on the date, enjoy your time resting. It's worth it to really take down time, and you'll heal much faster. :hug: to you, love.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
            X