Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job off alcohol on !

Friends,
    Actually I worked three days without any alcohol. Once I got two day off started boozing for all the days.Tired of craving and habit of intaking beers.
    Terribly shocked now! how many time I relapse at this way.
    Kota
    If nature gives us lemon, we have a choice: either to cry or make lemonade.

job off alcohol on !

If I can give up boozing I am ready to take any medicine. Does baclofen really work?
    So sad..when start bozzing can't stop until memory loss, what a hell!
    Kota

Comment

job off alcohol on !

Hi kota. Have you made a good plan to stay alcohol free on your days off? Early on, I FILLED my days with things to do. Some of them chores, but also some fun stuff. Exercise has really helped me stay on the right path too. Endorphins lift my moods and I sure don't feel like drinking AL when I'm moving my body hard.

Have you read the My Way Out Book? If not, you might want to give it a read. It recommends a specific regimen of supplements, hypnotherapy CD's, diet, exercise, and prescription meds. (I did everything except the prescription meds when I started out)

These tools really do help. Have you checked out the Toolbox Thread here? Lots more good ideas in that thread.

Most of us tried many times before we got it right. You can do it too.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

job off alcohol on !

Dear doggy,
        I have read out tool box which made my mind to stop drinking al any way! Nice information shared. I am now reading Allen Carr,s book easyway......,and Dr. A,s book. I read out about mood swings ,some holly books,I know about meditation but all are behind the alcohol. Sorry..
        As you said exercise, supplements,meditation, hypnotherapy all matters to cure an addiction but they are really helpless at the moment in front of alcohol. Any idea that can stop craving at all? I am yet to read out MWO book.
        I can't imagine a day or night without a job or al!
        Many thanks Doggy for yours advice as ever.
        kota

Comment

job off alcohol on !

Seeking advice please!
          I am 39 yrs now ,drinking tested at the age of 17th.
          -casual drinker for the first last 10 years.
          -almost all nights for 2nd 12 years .
          -always hydrated after drink.
          Physical status.
          -no shaking,vomiting, active and looking healthy.
          -there is no abnormal changes if I am 2-3 days AF instead mood goes up. So could you share if there will be any problem in brain if I give up totally without medication?
          I do not want to see the doctor. I think I am risk free to give up totally as I don't have any abnormal changes for 72 hours.
          recent history of drink and my mood

24 sept 5 uk units mood 5/10 ( 5 out of 10 )
          25 Sept AF Mood 6/10
          26 Sept AF mood 7.5/10
          27 Sept AF mood 8.5/10
          28 Sept morning AF mood 8/10
          28 Sept evening AL (8 uk ) units mood 6/10
          29 Sept morning AL ( 4 UK ) units mood 6/10
          29 Sept evening AF mood 7/10
          Recommended uk units is 3-4 each day.
          Seeking your advice on what could be an effect if I give up Al totally with no tapering down and without medicine?
          Thank you for your sharing.
          kota

Comment

job off alcohol on !

kota, didn't you say you are already going 2 - 3 days at a time AF when you are working? Maybe I misunderstood that. I think that if you are already able to go without alcohol for a few days, then you shouldn't have to worry about physical problems going AF for longer?

What I did when I quit was to print out the information that is "stickied" on top of the "Need Help ASAP" section of the forum. There is a link to a web site that lists what symptoms to be concerned about when someone is detoxing. I reviewd that list with my husband, and he kept an eye on me for the first few days. (I was a daily drinker for years and years.)

Of course if you are concerned, then it is best to involve your doctor.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

job off alcohol on !

Kota,

You're about the same age as me, and you have the same inability to stop drinking using will power alone.

You can read books 'til you are blue in the face. They didn't help me at all.

The only thing that has helped me, ever, is Baclofen.

You don't need a doctor to get it, you just need to order it online and take it carefully and responsibly.

Comment

job off alcohol on !

Dear Doggy,

I really can stay 2-3 days without any symptoms of withdrawl but become active,fogg in the mind out .no physical side effect.but the problem is to stay AF for long.Feeling lonlyness without job push back to strong craving. My curiosity is what's happen if I be free of alcohol without seeing a doctor?
                Seethpony,
                Does baclofen really stop craving and you can stay peace of mind?
                Thank you for your support.
                Kota

Comment

job off alcohol on !

Kota, if you are interested in Baclofen or any of the anti-craving prescription medications(with or without a doctor's involvement) I would highly suggest reading the many threads about it in the section of the forum that lists all the medicines. There is lots of info with people's personal experiences and info about the pros and cons of your various options.

I think it's safe to say there is nothing that is 100% easy. It's just a matter of finding the sobriety method that you can deal with to accomplish the desired result.

Have you read all the threads about Baclofen and other meds?

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

job off alcohol on !

"Does baclofen really stop craving and you can stay peace of mind?"

From my experience, I can say "Yes" and "Yes".

Comment

job off alcohol on !

DG,
                      your advise to have a look on threads relating to medicine is appreciated. I really have some reading ,I found many people are cosuming baclofen.that's why I am more or less prepared to intake baclofen.I also will have a look on that column as well.Thanks,
                      Seethepony,

I may be ordering baclofen soon.I wonder if you share me if this medicine is banned without prescription of doctor in the UK? I know many people buy it from abroad because of its cost so is there any recording in the custom? Or is there any possibility of confiscation?
                      Thank you,
                      Kota

Comment

job off alcohol on !

kota, if you take Bac, please don't drink. I lost a good friend that way this year, though it was deliberate. It takes WORK. There is no magic. We didn't get here by singing to loud in the choir.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

job off alcohol on !

kota;970113 wrote: DG,
                          your advise to have a look on threads relating to medicine is appreciated. I really have some reading ,I found many people are cosuming baclofen.that's why I am more or less prepared to intake baclofen.I also will have a look on that column as well.Thanks,
                          Seethepony,

I may be ordering baclofen soon.I wonder if you share me if this medicine is banned without prescription of doctor in the UK? I know many people buy it from abroad because of its cost so is there any recording in the custom? Or is there any possibility of confiscation?
                          Thank you,
                          Kota
                          Kota, if you are going to go this route, PLEASE get the advice of others who have thoroughly studied the use of this drug and exactly how to use it. There are also books by Dr. Olivier Amiesen that I'm guessing would be recommended to read before you start. It's not as simple as just popping a pill every day. There are also side effects of the drug that you need to be aware of in addition to knowing what dose to take, how to take it, when to increase it, etc.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

job off alcohol on !

Dear
                            Rubby,
                            Is it such a harmful medicine to all of us? What happen if slip up when intaking medicine?
                            DG,
                            Yea, I have the book written by Dr. OLIVIER. Definitely yet to read out just had it.
                            Thank you for your caring advice.
                            Kota

Comment

Working...
                            X