Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, Exciting! More Specific Directions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I've just been reading up on Baclofen, and I really, really want to try it. I'm even willing to make an appt. with my nurse practitioner, but she's not going to know squat about this and won't likely be happy to jump on board. Does anyone have more specific dosage recommendations, what does to start at, how quickly to move up. I have apnea and am a bit worried that it will get worse at some point, but I have pretty good ways of managing that (sleep sitting up).

Any other ideas or recommendations or anything to help out a newbie who wants to try this. I tried the topomax/MyWayOut thing a couple years ago - made me so brain dead that I could barely function.

Thanks so much. I will get the docs book, but it might be a while before I find time to read it. Alcohol has devastated my life (I'm 50), so I'm pretty excited to see that maybe there's still an answer out there for me!

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
    - Vernon Howard

look for the Consolidated Baclofen thread.....it has loads of info
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Topsy,
      I sent you a PM

Comment

Thanks, mama bear. I found it. I think it might make for a great sticky note!

RtR, your PM was most helpful and I responded. Thanks!

Tracy

- Vernon Howard

Comment

welcome topsy,

a nurse practiitioner won't be able to write you a script--call Dr. Levin (do a search here) or find a doc. in your area. I totally recommend bac.!!

Good luck,

Wonka

Comment

Thanks, Wonka! I'm excited about bac. It varies from state to state, but nurse practitioners can prescribe in my state (and they can be listed a PCP, which is kind of strange).

Tracy

- Vernon Howard

Comment

Hi Tracy,

Many folks require 3-5 times the "standard" safe dosage (80mg/day) to hit thier switch. It is one thing to find someone to prescibe baclofen, and another thing altogether to find someone willing to prescribe at this level. If you do not have access to 300mg/day or more, then it may not be worth the effort to even try. I had to go to 380mg/day to find my switch, and another recently hit the switch at 400mg/day.

You can contact Levin as suggested above, or order online. To order online, google for River Pharmacy or All Day Chemist, or search the posts on this site for more sources.

Good Luck!
              -wort
              TSM started 1/22/2010; Wks 1-6: 78u/wk
              Baclofen + TSM started 3/5/10; Wks 7-25: 52u/wk
              Alcohol free and indifferent since 7/15/2010

Comment

Thanks, wort. I called Levin and will talk more with him next week. I am looking into ordering online too. With two of us doing this, it's going to get pricey fast. Can't compare with what we spend on booze though! Dosage wise, we're going to start low and go slow.

Tracy

- Vernon Howard

Comment

Working...
                X