Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday October 17 Daily AF

GOOD MORNING FABBIE ABBERS!!!!

I know-a tad early. I've got a busy day today so I thought I check in and wake everyone up before I zoom off :devil:

Playday in a few hours then right to my nephew's 17th BD party after dropping off the one dog I dare to bring to a playday (and no it sure isn't DD!!).

Hope you all have a fabulous AF day. It's sunny here finally and supposed to be in the mid 60's with a bit of a breeze. Perfect for little paps to run around and for the humans to open their wallets and bid on the wonderful auction items we have benefiting a pap rescue grouup. Zoom Zoom!!

:l
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Good morning papmom!

I have been up since 3am.... it is finally hitting the decent hour of 5am! LOL!

I had a nice day yesterday. We took my little one to Somenos Marsh here in town. Didn't see much and the trail was very short but it was nice to get outside. Then I did some much needed yard work. Trimmed bushes, weeded, mowed/weed eated lawns. Nice! I certainly love to garden.

Well, I guess I should start on some dishes I didn't do last night. Went to bed early and watched tv.

Today, I have my client to tend to. Then I am going to go and see a dog I may adopt. He is an older dog.... 10 years old as a matter of fact. Beagle-Terrier mix. His owners cannot keep him. I have been looking at rescue sites for a long time but I think this seasoned dog may just what I need.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Pet rescue theme! Good mojo! Although I can't imagine giving up a dog at 10, unless there was some illness where you really couldn't take care of it anymore. Hope, if the fit's right, he gets a good home with you, AFM.

Going to my first Pats game today (American football for those across the pond). More of a baseball fan than football, but grew up with 4 brothers and have 2 sons, so I've pretty much adapted to any ball hitting, kicking, throwing, catching sport. P3, very happy about the good weather report here in MA today. There's a huge tailgate party beforehand--this'll be interesting sober. ; )

Better hit the shower and get moving here. Have a great day, YBs! xoxox Pride
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hi Papm and AFM,

Just saying hello before diving into the paper...

Have a great day!
        AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Pride before the Fall
          I LOVE your avatar. I am back to MWO after a long hiatus. Feels good to be back.
          I gave my dog up to a rescue group because although I love her very much, I couldn't house train her, and I couldn't live with the mess any longer.
          Her foster mother didn't have ANY problems with her at all. That's a very humbling experience for me, but at the same time, I think long term she will be a happier little doggy. I still miss her very, very much. I think adopting rescue dogs is a wonderful thing to do. For now, I will stick with cats, and send money to these people. They provide a really great service.
          I am AF because I am taking antabuse. I wonder how long I can take it? I will have to ask doctor. It wouldn't be so bad if I took it for the rest of my life, as long as there are no side effects.
          Everyone enjoy this beautiful Sunday.
          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
          November 2, 2012

Comment

hey all up late today - had disturbed sleep due to OH coming back at 3.30am and then snoring - so I've just gone back to bed for an hour.he's feeling shabby today!

I had lovely time at the rollerderby do last night - didn't go to gig after as was late and missed the final band - would have just been talking to super drunk people and wanting to go home. So I stayed in and read 'the new codependence' by Melodie Beattie - didn't get on with it at all - too vague for me and too full of her personal revelations - anyway - tried it. Got 'tao of sobriety' to start on today.

Off for a skate session later - then need to pack for a 2 day course tomorrow - I am staying overnight in a hotel - ideal time to read my new book. Plan to eat a lot more veg next week - I have relied too much on convenience food and I am feeling it now!

Anyway it's great to be af and cigarette free - have a good day all to come.
            one day at a time

Comment

Hi Wally. Nice to meet you! It doesn't sound like you had your dog for 10 years; sometimes it's just not a good fit, and that I completely understand. Happy your dog's foster mom got her to mind her house manners! I've never had a puppy, always adopted pets that were already house-trained (or they adopted us); not sure I have the patience or heart to set good limits.

Don't worry how long you may have to take the Antabuse now--you're sober, and that's great.

Okay, really, really heading off to shower now (Gaia and Bear, hi!)

Donna
              AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
              "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

GM Abbers!

Beautiful day here, shouldn't waste a minute of it

Welcome back Wally Don't know much about Antabuse but I'm sure if you talk to your doc or pharmacist they'll fill you in. Glad it's working for you.

I need to get outside & get some trimming done myself. Hope I can locate the hedge trimmers.........
                Wishing a great AF Sunday for everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everyone! P3, thanks for getting us started today. Sounds like you have some awesome plans for an awesome fall day there in MA. Sundays used to be my biggest drunkathon of the week. I always tried to keep the day "free" of any responsibilities or obligations. So I started early and often. By "often" I mean I wold get drunk, take a nap, be hungover in the middle of the day, drink, get drunk, and then go to sleep again. Usually twice but I'm sure there were times when I managed to do it 3X in one day. Uggh. I'm very happy to be enjoying the sunrise and considering all the possibilities for my free day today!

AFM, I have a love / hate relationship with gardening. The fall clean up part is not my favorite thing. I was a bit surprised yesterday to find some ripe tomatoes out there though. And the last of the peppers. THAT was fun. I hope your dog rescue works out! We have a Beagle who found us as an adult. He was probably 4 or 5 when he showed up here. Now he must be.....12 or 13? Something like that? He had a lot of health problems until we started raw feeding and boy did he turn around. I wonder if a Beagle Mix is as loud as a Beagle??? He's mommy's boy and I love him! Can't wait to hear if you have a new family member by the days end.

Pride, I prefer football from the living room sofa. Have fun tailgating sober. I bet you will come home with some interesting stories and gratitude you don't drink any more. (either that, or continued amazement at those people who can just drink one or two and stop!). Have a good time! Gotta love those adopted pets.

Gaia, have fun with the paper! We stopped getting it as we get our news on line these days. Curling up with the paper sounds very appealing on a cool fall morning though!

Wally, I think you did the right thing with the rescue since it was not working out for you. We had to give up a rescue dog once. It was a German Shepherd that was most likely inbred and genetically not sound. He would attack one of our other dogs completely without warning (which is really not normal). We worked with a trainer, etc. but it just wasn't going to change. He was OK with adult people though so we worked with the rescue and they found him a home with a retired couple where he could be the only dog and they understood his issues. It was still a very emotional and difficult thing. :l I used to be a cat person before being a dog person and cats are awesome too! It's great to have you back with us.

I also saw you mentioned AA in your post last night. If you are not feeling real motivated right now, maybe just hang onto the meeting schedule in case you find that you are more motivated at some other time. I swore I would NEVER go to AA. But there came a point in my sobriety where the fear of relapse (like it would just happen and I wouldn't be able to control it) got the better of me. I read posts here made by people who were going to AA, and I decided to give it a try. It's working for me but I don't think it works if one is not "ready." Just two cents on it anyway. It will always be there as an option (at least I think and hope so!).

Bear, you are like a different person and I am SO HAPPY for you!!! Have fun skating later and also on your over night trip. I've got a pile of books here to read too, and plan to get off the computer since I can't focus on it, and stick my nose in a book where I can pull it close to my face! :H

Hello to Lav and LVT and Cindi and Greenie (hope you are having a blast on your trip!) and Deter and where's PAGuy and G-Man and Uni and and and I know I'm forgetting all kinds of people here! ALL OF YOU!! Hello! Have a fABulous Sunday!

One thing is for sure...

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I can't imagine giving a dog up after that long. I really don't know the history of this pup but I will find out more when I meet him and his owners. I hope the dog isn't ill. I know it doesn't have a long life yet either, but feel I could give him a good home.

It has been many, many, many years since I have had a dog. I really had to think about the 'commitment' of actually having one. Walking it, etc. Kind of like having a kid, ya know? I have thought this out for a long time and feel a dog would be great now. My youngest is now 5 and has 'respect' for animals now. Our cat may not be so welcoming though. I had to really factor him into this as well. But over the last few years, he has grown to be a very patient little man! With Hailey mauling him to death for a very long time.

I am looking forward to meeting this dog. We will see what he is all about. ;-)

Comment

ps. welcome back, Wally! antabuse is a great tool!

pss.... DG, what do you mean about loud? Are beagles loud??

Comment

Accountable for Me;983420 wrote: ps. welcome back, Wally! antabuse is a great tool!

pss.... DG, what do you mean about loud? Are beagles loud??
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEIXdB6_nrg&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Beagle Howling

It's in their nature and is just part of having a beagle. So it's not right for everyone or every living situation. I would imagine a mix breed could go either way, but it's something to ask about.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Thank u for the insight, DG. I will definitely ask! Living in a townhouse community... it could be an annoyance if that is the case.

Comment

Accountable for Me;983428 wrote: Thank u for the insight, DG. I will definitely ask! Living in a townhouse community... it could be an annoyance if that is the case.
                            Yes - that type of howling can be way more annoying than regular barking. It happens every day around my house at dinner time, in addition to other times with some other triggers. I wonder if there is a Beagle 12 step program that would help? (dashing off to google that :H) Our beagle got loose one time (very scary) and he was about a mile away from the house when he started baying. I could hear him clearly and that's how we found him.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Wally22;983378 wrote: I am AF because I am taking antabuse. I wonder how long I can take it? I will have to ask doctor. It wouldn't be so bad if I took it for the rest of my life, as long as there are no side effects.
                              Wally, I took Antabuse for a month to give me some enforced AF time and would have taken it for much longer if I'd needed to. It really worked for me. Other people here have taken it for longer but I'm sure your doc can reassure you about it.

DG - so glad the lasik went well. I was reading an article just yesterday about how much more accurate it is now than when it was first introduced. It said something about it now giving people vision "like a fighter pilot". So if you fancy a career change... :H

Developments on the non-GF front... on the verge of becoming GF after we fessed up about how we feel about each other today. Seeing her tomorrow - and now terrified, of course! And she's terrified too :H So I think we'll be like a couple of nervous teenagers tomorrow. Eeek. Weird having to negotiate this stuff honestly and like a grown-up instead of falling back on alcohol - and pretty cool!

Hi to everyone!
                              sigpic
                              AF since December 22nd 2008
                              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                              X