Another one closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one closed

I quite enjoy watching the bitchiness, inconsistencies, rudeness, inappropriatness, and whatever get aired on line.

I think the participants are clearly enjoying it, have you seen a dog in a fight, invariably his tail is wagging.

We are not dogs and when the fight subsides we have time for reflection and possibly some of our own issues become clearer as a result. Maybe we don't reflect, maybe some of us spiral out of control to our doom.

However we are over the age of consent and therefore have a choice in what we choose to do or not do. I don't like that choice being taken away from us by some all seeing moderator. I don't think its constructive. Just my opinion, maybe in the scenario of the MWO founders it furthers their cause.

Whatever, I will miss that brawl and the opportunity too add my 2 cents worth to the fire!

At the end of the day, they're pretty harmless. You can't actually pick up the bottle, smash it open, and push it into someones obnoxious face over the internet. Can you?

I'm going to watch 'The Matrix' again.
    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Another one closed

I'm sad for the lurkers out there who are just now finding this site. The excitement and utter joy I got in reading this forum when I first discovered it really fueled my desire to get going on Baclofen, and it has subsequently saved my life.

To the lurkers, PLEASE read through the clutter and look for the positive stories, and not at all this garbage on here lately.

I've taken a back seat on the forum lately, partially because I'm getting on with my life now that I've zeroed in on a successful Bac regime, but also because of crap like this. An incredibly helpful and purposeful thread was hijacked and closed. What this site needs are active moderators to delete/suspend users, clean-up threads that need it (delete off-topic posts), and get this forum back to what it was meant for. Jesus people!

Good luck everyone, I'm still here, mostly lurking, and always open to PMs and emails.

Let's get on with it!!

Comment

Another one closed

lite and others,
      well said, light of days. Graphically said TTT, I understand ig,
      I was thinking they would likely shut down the thread after reading several of the posts. I do wish we could have a more civil and less ad hominem exchange of ideas.
      Sunny

Comment

Another one closed

I wish I could respond to your thread on an a level of intelligence more appropriate.

We need more time to think these matters of importance out.

Please do yourself and the sensitive individuals present more respect because it is the law of nature that it will come back to you.

Take a moment and then change your life.
        :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Another one closed

It is a real pity that the moderators felt that they needed to close the consolidated thread. Well, it's way more than "a pity", but I'll watch my language for now

I take responsibility for my part in it. Yet, if I had to do it again, I would. I will not allow the likes of Phill to exploit MWO (regardless of the unthinking manner in which the thread was closed by the moderators) and its members - especially newbies arriving looking for help.

I appeal to everyone to write to the moderators, asking for the thread to be unlocked. We can lose nothing by doing that.

If that fails, we'll simply start another, since the old one cannot be bumped. I've been on MWO long enough to be able to recognise that this isn't quite the unmitigated disaster it might seem to be.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Another one closed

I can't even go into the "edit" option to pull the BB code out with all the formatting and links and stuff. Unless the MWO mods would find it in their hearts to send it to me... :bigwink:
            :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
            :what?:
            sigpic
            Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
            A Forum
            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Another one closed

tiptronic_ct;991282 wrote:
              I appeal to everyone to write to the moderators, asking for the thread to be unlocked.
              Done. That threat was invaluable to anyone contemplating going down that route.

Comment

Another one closed

tawnyfrog;991285 wrote: Done. That threat was invaluable to anyone contemplating going down that route.
                Thank you, Tawny

I think you'll forgive me this time for showing emotion towards you in public...

:l:l:l:l:l
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Another one closed

How Do I Post a Request To Moderators?

I'm not a "member," but I would like to sincerely request that the Consolidated Baclofen Thread be re-opened (with perhaps a bit of editing??). How and where to I send/post my request?
                  "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Another one closed

I want it re-opened as well. This thread is needed round here.
                    Who do I write to?
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Another one closed

Hey, Red

You are a member, you're just not a subscriber (we get a few extra priviliges like having more PMs in our inbox etc.).

Anyone who is a member of MWO can write to the moderators.

Click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom right of all pages. It will bring up a form to complete, which goes to the operators of the site.

Select the radio button "site feedback" or "other" and submit your request.

Thank you!
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Another one closed

Done it
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Another one closed

Hi to without restraint Tracy

Theme, I don't try to impose my views on "how life should be" by discouraging your prim, proper, petty views on decorum. I welcome them and all other views which I get from these discussions. I only abhor censorship which imposes the will of a few over the freedom of many. We are here with the same goal, to get away from the addiction to alcohol. I like to hear how other people, that I wouldn't normally interact with, tackle this.

Sure the list at the beginning of the Consolidated must be reinstated somewhere and sure as Tip said life will go on
                          Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Another one closed

Another option is to PM or email the user ID "helpdesk"

Probably a better idea than using the "Contact Us" button.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Another one closed

I see the thread has been closed, but thankfully not deleted & all that information lost.

I will also send a PM, but what info have we actually lost ?

I also realise if it is not reinstated we have no way to 'bump' it for new folk. Easy to get around but still .....
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X