today is the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today is the day

today is the day. I am at my lowest ebb ever, feeling sorry for myself and the troubles i have brought to my family. but sitting here wallowing in pity, i realised something.

today is the day. and sure why the hell not.

i can make my life better. i can make things better for those around me. no matter what happens, things can get better.

if i don't take that first drink. i don't have to, and up until now, i haven't really wanted it. not really. i have deluded myself by giving a little space in the back of my mind, just in case, to let al in.

but who says today can't be the day. i may have said it before, but that doesn't matter. i may have failed to beat it before, but that doesn't matter either. my past failures were necessary to gain my future successes. if i hadn't failed, i wouldn't know how sweet it is to succeed. and i want this, for the first time, i really want this.

so one day at a time. and today is one day. and i can not drink this one day. and i know things WILL get better. :thanks:
    no time like the present

today is the day

Skinnycow, What a great attitude you're starting out with!! You are so correct in your thinking that this time you WANT to do it. And you can only do this one day at a time! I'm still pretty new around here so I will wish you well and please keep posting!

Comment

today is the day

They WILL get better skinny cow! You can do it!!!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

today is the day

SC - :welcome: let us know if you have questions. Have you read the MWO book, are you taking anything like L-Glutamine for cravings? We are here to help if we can!

Choochie:l

Comment

today is the day

I beena heavy drinker for about 18 years. I still function in the world very well, and have become an expert from hidding it from others. I am increasenly becomming concerned about the long term damage I am doing to my health as well as my relationships. I have two young children, well what can I say, they are now getting to an age when they are really going to start and remember things. I so want to do better, I dont know how many times I have said I am going to cut down!

Comment

today is the day

:new:I beena heavy drinker for about 18 years. I still function in the world very well, and have become an expert from hidding it from others. I am increasenly becomming concerned about the long term damage I am doing to my health as well as my relationships. I have two young children, well what can I say, they are now getting to an age when they are really going to start and remember things. I so want to do better, I dont know how many times I have said I am going to cut down!

Comment

today is the day

Welcome Freedom28, hang around and read read read, this site is really inspiring! Hey SC go for it! My day one was yesterday and I did it! I've been trying to do it for 15 days now and I made it yesterday. . .I know you can do it to!
              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

today is the day

Hi Freedom,

:welcome: Can you tell us if you have a plan to stop drinking? There's so much help on this website, but if we know a little more about you, maybe we can direct you. Have you read the MWO book, do you know if you want to stop drinking totally or try moderating, do you have any supplements to take for cravings?

Lots of great people here who are willing to help - just post your questions. Take lots of time to explore the site because information is spread throughout the different threads!

Choochie

Comment

today is the day

I so happy for you skinny cow. It's the recognition, that spark of awareness, that get's us on the road to recovery. I wish you well, and as always, we are here for you!
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

today is the day

hi hunni, You never fail if you keep trying!! The amount of times i've said this is it NO more and i slip. Take one day at a time, stay busy, stay away from places that sell AL or people who drink AL. Be strong and get rid of all the AL in the house and make a clean start. You can't take back the past but we can make the future whatever we want to make it. You can do this!!

Comment

today is the day

Hi Skinny Cow and Freedom, I was listening to the radio last night coming home from work and Christy Dignam from Aslam was talking about his heroin addiction and he just very simply said that an addict can NEVER EVER give up unless they absolutely 100% want to do it and want to do it for themselves - just won't work otherwise. I just loved the simplicity of how he said it - and it is so true. Best of luck with everything
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

today is the day

Hi Skinny, you can do it. Like you said, you have the freedom to chose. You can start today. Many of us here, have been in your shoes, you are not alone. What you are trying to do is very hard, but you can do it. Start adding those days of sobriety together.
                        Hill
                        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

today is the day

thanks for the support guys. still feel shit, but feel sober, and that is all i can ask for the moment.
                          no time like the present

Comment

today is the day

Skinnyy - are you eating well, drinking lots of water, etc?? So glad you've made it through another day. It gets better and better if you can hold on!:l

Comment

Working...
                            X