No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

I've been dipping in and out of this site (reading posts) for a while but now feel I have to do something as alcohol is taking over my life.... Trouble is just don't know where to start so I thought this thread would be as good a place as any.

Any advice would be good although am not too keen on AA (but never been).

Sorry if this is short and sweet but am not used to bearing my soul online!

Chelsea x

hi chelsea and :welcome:. hope you stick around and let us get to know you. keep reading loads and posting. theres heaps of great information here along with great support and advice.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Start today, just don't drink today, go get some yummy AL free drinks and some L-Glutamine and a multi vitamin and do something fun and different tonight that is out of the norm during the witching hour. Go to walmart and get the things listed above, the go out to at like taco bueno, some place without AL, then go walk around the mall and then go home and take a bath, then it's bedtime and hey you made it! You probably won't sleep well the first 4-7 days but when it gets better it gets waaaayyyy better! The journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. Have fun, it's so worth it!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hey Chelsea - welcome! You have totally come to the right place. It's hard, but the sober journey is well worth it - the outcome rocks. Never thought I would make it two days, let alone two months wthout Chardonnay, but here I am and it is due to my decision, sticking to my plan and listening to the wise friends on this site. You will learn so much. It can get overwhelming, but just take it one day, one hour if you have to, at a time. You can do this. You wll feel so much better. Best of luck!!!
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hi Chelsea, make it your no.1 priority, and really go for it, the benefits of quitting are amazing, and it gets easier each day, best of luck.....take time to read as much as you can in all the different sections in the site. I am finding some great advice each day I log in, and just knowing that so many are in the same boat is a great help to me, that we are all in this together
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

:welcome: Chelsea!

So glad you posted.

Tell us more, we'd love to get to know you. The folks here are a wonderful lift when you're trying to go AF (alcohol free)! I know, because they helped me a lot very recently, their wonderful words inspired me to drop the bottle -- and I hope we can inspire you, too!

Comment

Hi chelsea,

You have definitely come to the right place if you want to do something about your drinking. You have already started by coming on here and letting us support u. We are all here for the same reason; we had to deal with alcohol in our lives and we needed support from people on the same journey.

Post often and let us know how you are getting on. Everyone on here is fab and will do their best to get you on the path that you want to be on. Try and identify your trigger points and come up with a plan to deal with them. My biggest trigger was always Friday night so now I fill my Fridays with treats that are alcohol free instead of going to the pub and ending up wasted.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

L x
              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Chelsea :welcome:
                you have picked a great palce to start your AF life, these days instead of waking up hungover I wake uo with a smile on my face. keep reading 7 posting. you could also join the ODAT (One Day at A Time) thread or join us in the Jumping Thru January thread.
                anyway good luck, it may be hard, but life, actually living your life not just drifting thru it like a ghost is so worth it.
                XX
                *Witchy*
                Progress, not perfection!!!
                A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Hi Chelsea, and welcome. It is normal to feel a little shy about discussing yourself on-line. You don't have to give personal information if you don't want - you can give clinical information about how you are doing and feeling.

If alcohol has taken over your life, than the place to start is here, today. You need to make the decision that you want to have power over alcohol. I did not use AA, nor drugs; I went cold turkey, with the help of our friends in here. You can do it too.

Start adding your sober days together, one at at time. The habits, and lifestyle changes, and urges, will be hard to work through; expect them, it's OK. It's also OK to chose to live life without the evil poison of alcohol.

Hang in there,
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
                    Have you read the MWO Book? You can download it right from the Health store above.

Also take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan.

Be sure to drop in the Newbies Nest thread & introduce yourself - see what the others are doing!

Wishing you the best on your journey!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone
                      Thank you so much for the welcome messages!
                      Today is going to be my first AF day so wish me luck.
                      Chelsea x

Comment

Good luck, but you don't need it! It's all about you and if you say you can do it you can do it!
                        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Working...
                        X