Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Free

Right here I am, alcohol free.

As a few people will have noticed I've been flailing around for the last few days wanting to leave the forum. The truth is that I don't want to leave, and a lot of friends on here have been messaging me with support. I've been on MWO for a long time and always found it useful, as have the people I've met from here too.

I've just been through an amazing experience with Baclofen, however it's become clear that I don't 'fit' into the topa/baclofen medication section at all. I wasn't comfortable there and this is what pre-empted my request for removal. I know I've been guilty of attention seeking for the last few days, but I could take no more of the mental anguish I was suffering in there.

I've now asked Roberta to reverse my request for removal, and I hope I haven't caused her too much trouble.

What I'd like to do if it's ok with everyone is talk about my journey with baclofen, as well as my past experiences with dealing with this illness. I won't bore you with titration values, scientific papers etc just my story of how I've got here(if you want to follow up there are plenty of information threads in the meds section below). All I can say is that I feel so free, and I have zero cravings even if I try and conjure up how drinking feels to me.

I will have to add this disclaimer though - that you don't mess with baclofen(or any other medication) without reading up on it properly. I'm a bit of a trial and error person, I don't abide by rules (apart from when it could put others in danger) because I always want to break them - but that is sometimes because I don't really care about myself.

Alcohol Free

UK , glad you didn't leave . I have always enjoyed your posts , always honest . MM
    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Alcohol Free

Congratulations UK - I know your battle wasn't the easiest in the world, but I'm glad you saw it through until the end. Well worth the trouble!

Pop in now and again, just to let us know how you are doing with titrating down - you don't even have to hang around to see the results if you don't want to. People do care, even if sometimes it comes out a little strangely.

Very, very pleased you found indifference.

Go well,

Bleep

Comment

Alcohol Free

Uk i am glad you are not leaving, your input here is important to everyone including of course yourself.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Alcohol Free

ukb, i will be very interested in what you have to say.
          glad you chose to stick around.
          i myself as a pisshead, do appreciate it.
          thankyou.

Comment

Alcohol Free

Hi UK. I am so happy that you have found your way to sobriety - whatever way works for you is the very best way to do it!!! I haven't been on-line that much lately so did not see whatever bothersome stuff you are referring to. I will say that I have always enjoyed your HONESTY. I think you have a lot to contribute here and I'm glad to know you will be around.

Congratulations again.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Alcohol Free

I'm also interested in your experiences, U.K. I confess to being a bit fearful of bac, so it will be good to learn from you.

Comment

Alcohol Free

Glad you are here Blonde, I like your no nonsense approach xx
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Alcohol Free

UKB - so glad you are going to stick around. I always get so much from your insight. And, I think it's wonderful that instead of leaving, you just switched to a different area of the website!

KG

Comment

Alcohol Free

I so pleased you decided to stay,UK.
                    I've always loved your no-nonsense and tell it like it is posts.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Alcohol Free

Your honesty is always awesome. You are a strong person and I wish you well always.
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Alcohol Free

so happy for you. finally getting some success with bac. and so happy for us that you have decided to stay. i always value your views
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Alcohol Free

I'm glad you are sticking around too, friend. We have to do what we have to do.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Alcohol Free

Good for you UK.
                            Baclofen is working for me but I would hate the thought of being on it forever!

Comment

Alcohol Free

Hi UK, and I am glad that you are feeling better, and seem to be in a better place, that is what is most important. I am glad that you are not leaving
                              Hill
                              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X