Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest! for bac

Morning! (for me)

A new and unrelated to bac SE? I couldn't figure out why I was suddenly getting intense headaches and feeling a little nauseous in the late afternoon. Of course, I thought it was bac-related and considered changing my late afternoon dose. Problem is, that one is just pre-witching-hour and in my experience, the most important one of the day.
    I had a yet another cup of coffee the other afternoon. Lo and behold, the headache/nauseau went away. Imagine that?
    Considering the fact that I couldn't really stomach more than a cup of coffee when I was drinking, and now I drink caffeine throughout the day, until about 2pm, it's not a shock that I didn't recognize caffeine withdrawal! I'm very glad I didn't play with the bac.

Newbie to MWO:
    The quoting thing can be baffling. At the bottom of each post there are a couple of buttons. One says quote. You can click on that and it will quote the whole passage. You can delete what isn't relevant to your point, but don't alter the brackets. eg. [QUOTE=beatle;1067730] starts the quote. [/QUOTE ends the quote. I had to delete the final "]" in that formula in order to show you how to do it. Sadly, I don't know what the "]" is called. someone will help me clarify sometime soon, I'm sure. Dang know-it-all, smarty-pants around here.

You can quote multiple posts by using the button to the right of the 'quote' button. It's got a " in it. That allows you to choose more than one post to quote and then you can paste and edit as you see fit. Get carried away! It's super fun to feel like a MWO ninja.
    Tomorrow:
    How To Use the Search options.
    :h
    Sober, on a measly (!?) 240mg/day, since February 14th. My eyes are glistening. And my heart is full of laughter and joy. :H And love.

Newbies Nest! for bac

Reggie! Help!

Please don't reply on the other one. grrr. so much for being a MWO ninja!
    sheesh.

Reggie, how did you erase your thread???

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

I don't have any time right now, but I know that I'd like to play too.

Thanks for starting this, Ne.

:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

ha, thanks!
        I apparently have no respect for time. If I did, I would've turned this thing off two hours ago and started my day. As it stands now, the sun feels ridiculously high (at 9am!!) and time's-a-wasting.
        Hope it's a good day/afternoon/evening/night for my friends in MWOville. Meet you bac here in several hours!
        :ls and :h

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

There is a rule here about not using the forum for commercial purposes. No promotions, no links etc...
          I can't find it right now, but it's basically a no soliciting sign on the door.

You can alert the system administrators by clicking on the exclamation point in the upper right hand corner of each and every post. It is a last resort, and is a bad, bad thing to do if you are unsure.
          I've done it. Not good.
          Just did it again.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Do those sort of people ever sell anything? Surely not?

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Thanks for starting this thread!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hi, welcome Evey.

Are you thinking of starting baclofen?

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Morning, fellow bac-ers!
                  :welcome:

There are many, many options for searching this forum. I use two of them most often.
                  One is the Member's List. You can click through the endless pages to find someone's name click on it and find *all* of their posts. Or all of the threads they've started. Everything you ever wanted to know, in terms of MWO and the members. (scary thought I know. Don't worry. No one has time for this!) I used it in the beginning of this journey to follow the thoughts of people whom I 'liked' to find out what it was that they did/thought. I also followed the people who didn't find indifference and took notes on the similarities and differences. The reason it's important is because you can find out a lot about the personalities, successes and failures, and figure out who or what to emulate.

The second search option I use is the actual search feature. I always use advanced search. A general search, for instance, "bac side effects" will bring up posts from all the threads in the entire forum that may mention side effects. LOTS of those, as you might imagine. You can tweak the question, like in all other search engines by being more specific. You can also search by thread, not post. Very handy, that.

These boards were pretty quiet when I first found it last spring. Can you imagine? I wonder if the tipping point is at hand?
                  The sun is finally up and I'm headed out for some exercise!
                  Hope it's a good day for one and all!
                  :ls

hiya bleep. always nice to have coffee with you!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hi Bleep, I actually started taking Baclofen last week. I have you guys to thank. I have been lurking here for a while. (I hate how that sounds.) I'm not really able to titrate up like I would want to until my 2nd order of Baclofen gets here. Anyways, I feel optimistic and I am really grateful for all of your posts. Thanks Ne for the tips on searching the posts and the other advice Hope your exercising went well. I need to start exercising. It's easier to spend the money to buy stuff to exercise then the actual exercise part.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hi Bleep, I started taking Baclofen a little over a week ago. I have all of you guys to thank

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Thanks Ne for all the tips and advice!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

:new:...

...:H
                          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                          :what?:
                          sigpic
                          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                          A Forum
                          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

N/N E, thanks for starting this thread. It has been very helpful!
                            Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
                            - Jacob August Riis

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

:welcome: lo0p! I'll be here to answer any questions if you have them. Don't be shy.

You're welcome Evey and PbE! (What does that stand for anyway?)
                              Glad you're on your way Evey. And visiting!

I've got nothing even remotely interesting, just stopping by!
                              xo

Comment

Working...
                              X