Cant stop drinking when you start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who cant stop drinking when they start and experience the "panic at the end of the bottle" this might explain it.

NEWLY IDENTIFIED GENES, NEW DRUGS, SPELL HOPE FOR ALCHOLICS | Lawyers Wellbeing Blog

The same gene could explain why some people find social rejection very painful.

Understanding Genetics: Human Health and the Genome

FuturePundit: Pain Gene Variant Increases Social Rejection Pain
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

thanks for this. if i knew i could only have a couple of drinks i would rather not drink at all as the craving and panic is so intense. even when i am drunk enough to pass out i have to know i have a drink there. a comfort blanket. crazy eh.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

spuddleduck;1085860 wrote: thanks for this. if i knew i could only have a couple of drinks i would rather not drink at all as the craving and panic is so intense. even when i am drunk enough to pass out i have to know i have a drink there. a comfort blanket. crazy eh.
      I hear you! I too would rather have no drinks rather than a couple of drinks. It is so good to hear someone else say that!!!
      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Ditto! I was the same way.

Comment

I never really liked getting super drunk, but I had to have my 3 or 4 beers a night. That really got old but I kept at it. I was also throwing other things into the mix which led to even more problems.

Comment

I like that expression 'panic at the end of the bottle'. I get that because I know I'm going to pas out and wake up with terrible withdrawals. And yes, my withdrawals kick in hours after drinking; my body eliminates alcohol very quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X