Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what's wrong!

Hi Friends,

Feeling not very well... don't think I'm too much depressed. 19 days AF. Did;nt think about a drink, no cravings but it seems in this whole change of mindset about quit drinking and sorting out issues, feelings of anger gets in the way. Try to handle it by thinking compassion and forgiveness, etc. but still aggitated and battle to be productive. Any one that have a solution how to get out of this DIP!!!?? Also have ear infection of swimming too much, drinking strong antibiotics for infection - don't know whetehr this is part of problem.

Have a nice AL-FREE evening:thanks:

Don't know what's wrong!

Sorry you aren't feeling well today. Have you tried journaling? Sometimes if I get it all down on paper I feel better. Exercise is great too for improving your mood. Hang in there!

Comment

Don't know what's wrong!

Be strong

And get well soon:h
      Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Don't know what's wrong!

Hi beachbump,

I'm not entirely sure it's the same thing, but I just completed 30 plus days AF and relapsed and am trying again. But I do recognize the anger and agitation. It doesn't seem to fit, does it? It seems that we feel so great about ourselves for awhile for being AF then you start dealing with the reality of it and I know I was a bit overwhelmed with feelings of agitation...but if you're thinking of it, let me tell you - I tried drinking to calm them - and the agitation got WORSE! Maybe we're just "feeling" things way more than we have for a long time...I don't think I gave it all time to play out and I plan to (hope to!) now.

we didn't get here overnight and we can't expect to recover overnight either.....and on top of that, there are numerous personal, emotional , physical, psychological factors that came into play that got me where us where we are. Those don't just go away just because we take the physical presence of alcohol out of the picture.

I don't know if I'm helping - I typically cry out for help rather than offering it...:H but I hope you can ride out the storm - I don't think these feelings are all that unusual. (oh and at FIRST, I felt sooo good and soo productive and that all seemed to lag after a couple weeks for me....)

Make sure you take some probiotics after those antibiotics (or even WITH them!) so you replenish the "good" bacteria in your system.
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Don't know what's wrong!

Beachbump;1087356 wrote: Hi Friends,

Feeling not very well... don't think I'm too much depressed. 19 days AF. Didnt think about a drink, no cravings but it seems in this whole change of mindset about quit drinking and sorting out issues, feelings of anger gets in the way. Try to handle it by thinking compassion and forgiveness, etc. but still irritated and battle to be productive. Any one that have a solution how to get out of this DIP!!!?? Also have ear infection of swimming too much, drinking strong antibiotics for infection - don't know whether this is part of problem.

Have a nice AL-FREE evening:thanks:

Beach Bump you didn't become a problem drinker over night so it will take some time before your body adjusts to the withdrawals of alcohol,The solution to getting out of this is taking it one day or hour at a time,making your self and surroundings as comfortable as possible and trying to chill with some thing you like doing,reading etc.well done on your 19 days 2 more and that will be 3 weeks good going,dont quit quitting :good job:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Don't know what's wrong!

Yes I agree, be gentle with yourself, you are doing so well. Some days are sunnier and more energetic than others so on those days that aren't quite so good, curl up, pamper yourself (not with AL ... ) go easy, and if you don't feel like doing anything do nothing! Hope tomorrow is better for you.
            AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Don't know what's wrong!

Hi Beach Bump:What you are feeling is normal at least in my experience, some days can be really hard, but just keep telling yourself at least you are not drinking, I still have those days at 64 days Af. try to stay away from sugar and foods that contain alot of it. I know it feels like we should feel so much better not drinking but mentally things that we drank to forget pop up, and that can make for really hard days. Keep strong and give yourself credit for how far you have come, your days will get easyer, Do you take the l-glutamine? also B vitiamis can be helpful. I just got the calms forte to help me sleep and they work wonderfully,if you can get good sleeps your body and mind can heal.I know its not easy when we feel like we are working so hard and still feel crappy but it does get better with time, more good days will come Hugs Summer:l:l

Comment

Don't know what's wrong!

Great advice from everyone. Like Mario said you didnt get where you are now overnight so it is going to take a long time to re-learn how to live life without AL.
                Good luck and keep coming here. It really does help.
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Don't know what's wrong!

Thanx every one!!! Started the day better...
                  Summer, why stay eaay from sugar? Have cravings for sweet things, baked a tart yesterday and eating it on my own - is that bad? Because living in Moz don't have access to meds. Will get glutamine we going to SA in the middle of April but I am drinking vit b12.

Went through a type of crisis on Sunday - was thinking about booze but did not give into it - realized that that will make my problems worse. Normally when I'm in the state I was on Sunday I would definitely drink!

Yes Mario, my Dublin friend...I realise I came to this point over a period of many, many years and it cannot by fixed over night - just so AFRAID!! AFRAID that I don'nt have the strenght! Don't know whether I believe enough in myself! I tried in the past quitting and could'nt - although I must admit my mindset is different this time and I have MWO!!

Anxiety and problems of cannot get myself to relax are the worst...

Also agree with you Lolab - in the whole process of quitting AL you start thinking about issues that made you drink in the first place - then That issues become issues! That's the problem!!!

Comment

Don't know what's wrong!

hope you are feeling better now and the feeling are easing, like the others have said emotions will swing as we come to terms with coping with situation which would normally have us running for al to help us forget.

As for the sugar cravings i was like that last time, ate homemade jam tarts for a weekeven though i don't particularly like them, i guess it's the body readjusting
                    WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Working...
                    X