Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning all....

Wow, I woke up and looked out my window and the sun was rising!!!! To me, that is a good omen as I slept well and consider beautiful sunrises a gift from the Universe.:h I am so excited about my new life, I cannot believe I do not have to get up and stress out, rush around, etc. I can take it easy, leave later and will get home around nine p.m. A totally different lifestyle. Lots of changes, and I am ready.

Chill, I am really concerned to hear you are experiencing the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome again. I think you are right on regarding your diet and taking time to take care of yourself. Please pm me if you want, I am around today till later. I understand that change is stressful and have experienced some physical symptoms myself in the last few weeks....body aches, inability to sleep, chest pains, trouble breathing(panic attacks for me) and just stress symptoms. I noticed that by eating better, taking time to exercise, and talking about my feelings, I felt better.

Rusty, good luck and sending you wisdom and confidence. Those tests are so challenging.:l

Cassia, it is so hard to say goodbyes and exhausting too. You will get through this time AF and go on to the next part of your journey. We are here to support you.:h

Papmom, loved hearing about your healthy and fun day....you know how to live an AF life to the fullest.

To all, have a great AF day.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning May Movers!

Glad your day is starting out well Star
    Best wishes to you in your nnew job!

Chill, take care of yourself friend :l We're here for you!

I have challenged myself to a busy day today. I'm heading over to pick up EB & bring him here for the day. He was a serious pain in the butt yesterday at the Mother's Day gathering. His Mom is looking a bit tired caring for the newborn & trying to handle the crazy two year old & my son is on his 24 hr shift today in DC.

Today will bring a day of fun & lots of Activity Points on my Weight Watchers journal :H

Wishing everyone a wonderfully AF Monday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Happy Monday all, and belated best wishes to all Moms and furMoms out there. PMom, fabulous accomplishment on your 1 year, congrats congrats. Jolie - whew, great job sidestepping the AL...I used to have to personally move my client's liquor cabinet's and that was always a huge challenge. Lav - what sweet pics those are - you are a great Mom to your family and here too. Star - have a great new day of work, how wonderful that you have made this transition possible.

Rusty - Bon Voyage to testing land -- we are all with you in spirit!

Cassia - what heart-wrenching days you are having, please take good care of yourself as you move through all these emotions.

Chill - I have Fibromyalgia, similar to Chronic Fatigue. My schedule and responsibilities in January and February really put me in a bad place, and I am just now starting to come out of it. I know you want to get everything done, but you just have to take it slower now -- I think that diet has a lot to do with it -- try to avoid wheat and dairy, it is just too hard to digest when your body is weak. Since it is still cool there, how about focusing on stews: lots of veggies, a little meat, and nutritive broth. It could do alot to restore you. Also, I would add magnesium as a supplement. I take it everyday, otherwise I could not physically get around. You worked too hard, my dear, now you need to downshift and give your body what it needs - you will feel better soon. Pull Elle close, make endless cups of tea, cuddle and sleep. Everything else will sort itself out eventually....sending you healing vibes.

Hello and happy day to all who enter here --
      to the light

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

I put this pic on the Daily thread but thought maybe it may put a smile on Chill's face too.
        I snapped this pic at the gas station this morning shortly after picking up EB for the day. He was sitting in his car seat laughing saying: Look Mi Mom, a horse & a buggy :H
        I'm sure the Amish lady wouldn't be happy knowing I took the pic but she was busy filling her gas cans :H

Thinking about you as well Ms Rusty!
        Rest yourself well before your test, OK?

Hi cyn, good to see you today!

Take care of yourself Chill :l
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks so much for all your kind words yesterday. I will definitely get thru this time af and be stronger for it. I will be so proud of myself when it is all done an I get out the other side.

Lav - love that photo! Made me smile.

Chill - you have been constantly on the go for so long that it is completely understandable that you are physically and mentally exhausted. I have no advice to add only to day to let yourself chill and you will be right as rain soon.

Love to you all!

X
          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Rusty - I meant to ask when your exam is? You are going to ace it! You have such discipline and commitment. I might need you to sort me out when I come to do my CPA exams!

X

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good Evening Moving Misters and Missies,

I'm here in Detroit....still studying....working through "story" problems and statistics.:upset:

Cassia-my exam is tomorrow. You are a CPA....then you must be brilliant. My niece just passed the exam about a year ago...she loves it....not me....horrible in math, formulas, calculations. WOW, I admire you! You will ace yours....I don't care if I ace it, I just want to pass. The first-time pass rate is only 16%. YIKES.

Lav-loved the pic of the Amish lady and the buggy. You couldn't pay me to wear a dress like that and a bonnet on top of it. Doesn't she have a YB to fill those gas cans!:H

Cyn-did you do anything with your stepdaughter for Mother's Day? Fibromyalgia is so debilitating...:l A friend of mine has it and he is in constant pain.

Chill-sending you strength during this stressful time.

Star-can't wait to hear about the first day on the new job.

Well, at least the weather was good so I got here promptly....always a worry for me....and now I am just waiting for room service to deliver my dinner.

Thank you all for sending me good thoughts and positive energy. Will check back with you about 6:30 Eastern time and let you know the results.

Love you guys!:h

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Rusty - good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking about you and sending lots of positive vibes! You will be grand! Yeah, I am a cps for my sins. Hardest exams of my life - the final was s five and a half hour case study. Good on your niece...it's a hard qualification to get!

Star - I hope your first day went brilliantly! I am really kern to hear.

Xx

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good luck tomorrow Rusty!
                  Just pass - that's all you really need to do

From what I can tell the Amish women around here are the YBs:H:H
                  They seem to work like animals......

Cassia & Chill - hope you are both feeling OK tonight!

I am tired after a busy day with EB.
                  Ended up with my daughter, DIL & the babies here for dinner.......it was a nice girls type evening (EB doesn't count) :H

Wishing everyone a good night!
                  John - are you out there???

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Thank you guys so much for you advice and support, as always I don't know what I would do if I didtnt have you to turn too. I want to say more but its too frustrating on this phone, hopewfully I will have internet tonight and will catch up propery.

Jolie - I was holding my breathe reading your story, you put yourself through hell and I really feel for you but it was a victory and I think it will mark a turning point for you. You know now you are stronger that the voice of AL.

Rusty - I'm thinking of you so much and willing the answers to flow.

Star - I'm dying to know how it went! What exactly does your job entail? Is it very similar to your last one?

Lav - I'm going to have to google Amish! Looks like a movie scene from the wild west, and I thought I'd been living in hicksville...:H
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good Morning Friends:

Sorry I've been absent for several days. Had a very full weekend which left very little time for computer fun. I ran 2 different 5K races (one on Saturday and one on Sunday), went to a surprise 50th birthday party on Saturday, and got lots of yardwork and gardening done. Today I head for Dallas for a few days for work.

Haven't been able to read up on what's been happening but I hope you are all well. I've been thinking of you.

A belated 'Happy Mother's Day' to all of you who are mom's and grandmom's - you are all very special.

Hope to have some down time in the hotel over the next couple of nights so I'll be able to catch up with what's been happening here over the next couple of days.

Happy Tuesday!
                      John
                      AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning all!

My first day of work went well. It is similar to my last place of employment, but less stressful in some ways, more stressful in others. A smaller business, less people, and only paid if you produce, but much less daily stress. It will take time to be consistently busy, but that is OK. Patience and kindness to myself to give myself time to be successful and understand the daily tasks, paperwork, culture, etc. Even knowing the bathrooms and where to get water. It is all new stuff, and therefore, kind of anxiety provoking. All new jobs are, and I make it through my first day. On to day two.

I feel as though I have been through a war, and in a way I have. I don't think I mentioned this, but at my old job, the lady I worked with for four years, daily, did not say goodbye to me. Weird. I thought we were OK, but now know that she did hate me and the negative energy I felt was real, not my imagination. Lookng back, I realize it drained me on a daily basis, and I fought to stay positive and kept thinking it was me. How did I manage on a daily basis for so long? It kind of freaks me out, I just cannot be that mean or vindictive, I don't know how you could live that way. Manners, kindness, to me, are an important part of life. I guess some would say it is fake, but so what.

Something to think about; working on releasing all that negativity and filling up my psyche with joy, peace, love, harmony, beauty and all good things. It will take time, but with daily practice, will be done. All AF as otherwise, nothing really matters.

PAguy, good to hear from you, you sound busy, healthy, and productive. Hope you have some time this week to visit.

Lav, lovely you have your daughter so close. My daughter sent me a Mother's Day card that said she considers me her best friend, the greatest gift I can think of. Just wish she lived closer. We really missed being together on Sunday, but what can you do? You are truly blessed.:l

Chill, it will be great when you get your internet. The support here IS fantastic, sending you healing engergy. I loved Cyn's advice about a good stew, it could go a long way, with lots of rest. Change is hard. I really need some time to just rest too. After today I will have some days off and I can work half day, rest the other part. Sometimes, we are expected to go go go and it is just not possible to do that and be healthy.

Rusty, today is the day. Sending you wisdom and good test taking skill energy. You have certainly studied hard for months, no matter the outcome.

Greetings to Cassia, Jolie, and any and all stopping by today.
                        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Morning movers!

Beautiful Tuesday morning here although very stressful. Layoffs are happening at my work and everyone is on pins and needles. I absolutely hate the atmosphere and the rumors and speculation that always surround a layoff. Anyway, other than that, the birds are singing and GOOD LUCK RUSTY! You are probably taking the exam as we speak! As I remember, this was a noteworthy day for a lot of us here. In the middle of all this layoff stuff I'm going for my annual mamogram this morning. What's everyone else got going?

Lav - it's so funny - I was just having a conversation with my family about the amish the other day. My brother have some that live around him and he said you would be really surprised at how much the men drink!! Yes drink! He said they like the hard stuff too. Says it just never gets talked about but apparentl they aint the saints everyone believes them to be. Now I'm sure this isn't all of them but I guess maybe our perception of the Amish isn't always accurate. Now I would have to say I agree that the Amish women get the short end of the stick - they do seem to work like dogs.

Chill, hope you are feeling better and thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm feeling very grateful that my sensible voice kicked in!

Morning to Cassia and Cyn - everyone have a great day!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Morning May Movers!

Another sunny day in store here

Glad you stopped in John, stay well!

Star, use the meditations on Chopra.com to help relax & release all that baggage ~ helps me

Chill, you should be feeling better very soon what with all the healing vibes we're sending you :H

Jolie, I think it was something like 30 years ago that my brother went to a bar in Oxford one night & witnessed a very drunken guy & a very drunken Amish guy exchange their rides home that night! Imagine the wife of the Amish guy waking up to find a car parked in the barn & the wife of the other guy waking up to find a horse & buggy in the driveway :H:H OMG!!!
                            It's really none of my business what these people choose to do with their lives - I find them just as hypocritical as anyone. I just wish they wouldn't clog up the roadways, especially on Sundays

I hope everyone has a fantastic AF Tuesday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Hi everyone

Very busy few days so have not had a chance to check in. So much happens on this thread it is hard to keep up. Am sure I have missed something/someone so sorry in advance.

Rusty - Good luck in your exam, I'm sure you will ace it. John - Well done on all the races and welcome back. Chill - Hope you are feeling better, be kind to yourself. Papmom - Congratulations on your huge achievement. Star - well done on finishing your old job and good luck settling in your new one.

Everyone else big hello. Off to make a coffee and catch up on more MWO news.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                              X