Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning to all.

Papmom, loved your pictures and your story about your camper. I know with time you will figure it out and be able to travel. It appears that things are never simple. I know my husband wanted a boat, and thought of the cost of buying it. I pointed out insurance, storage, repairs, etc, and we realized it would cost alot more than just the purchase price. But someday.........

I had a great day yesterday, bikeriding, cooking out, reading outside, it was lovely. The storms hit in the evening, but what a great day off. Back to exercise and work today.

To all, have a great day, AF.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning Star & all May Movers,

Looks like I'm in for another week of clouds & rain! Amazingly, the garden is growing & the flowers are blooming despite the lack of sun.

Papmom, liked your pictures! Reminds me of a pop-up camper or two that we had years ago. After you get the necessary safety repairs done I'll bet you could get someone to detail the outside & buff out the blemishes I wish you good luck with your camper & years of fun

Work first this morning then I don't know what for the rest of the day - I'll figure it out

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning movers!

Busy weekend for me and yet again - daughter hi-jacked the laptop. Truthfully, I was too lazy to get it out of her room and hook it back up in the den. A co-worker of mine was married on Saturday - beautiful day, beautiful bride! They were so fortunate that the weather held out as the wedding was outside. Hope it's a good sign for them!

We are really having a hard time keeping up with the grass cutting! Unbelieveable how fast it's growing! Lav - I heard it's supposed to be up near 90 tomorrow! Not looking forward at all to the heat and humidity returning - along with it I'm betting my hot flashes will kick into high gear

Papmom - love the pics of the camper - excited for you!

Star - I'm jelous! my dad gave me a bike several years back - it's an old one but just needed a new seat and a new tube. I have not had it out yet. The repairs are minor - I need to get moving on that! I loved riding a bike when I was younger. Do you wear a helmet? I need something to get me motivated exercise/wise.

Check in later all!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Just turned the AC on Jolie :H
        I am a super weenie dealing with heat, humidity & the increased hot flashes

The grass was cut here yesterday - I can almost see it growing :H

I can't stay focused on my work today..........
        Probably should just take a nap!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hi all,

Just back from my first day of work! I think I am really going to like it at my new company. I met some awesome people and the company is really good to its employees and the community. Just re-affirmed that I made the right choice!!

X
          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

I quick flyby from me tonight it?s been a busy day and I?m tired. I think your tornadoes have crossed the pond and landed in Scotland the weather is awful here, I?ve a tree down in my garden with the wind! I?m tucked up in bed and it sounds like the roof is coming off it?s so wild out there and my cat is not a happy bunny, she?s prowling around making weird noises.

Catch you all later,

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

hidy ho friends! just curious how the 'moving through May' thread differs from the daily AF thread. thanks!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hey all! Weather not too wild here in new england but LAV and Jolie!! I saw big red spots on the weather map near you guys!! Be careful!! Dew-I sure hope it's just crazy Tstorms and not real tornadoes!! Does Scotland ever get tornadoes?

Deter-I can't really explain it-it's just a different vibe here-neither better nor worse than the daily thread. Just different but neat! Hang out with us a while-you'll see what I mean! I get different things out of each thread.

Really annoyed at work today for absolutely no reason. It must be my deadline and I'm behind and couldn't catch up today. I also am very worried about my bank balance and if I'll make it to Friday without overdrawing. I have no plans to spend any extra money this week and I've looked at the past month so I know what's coming up but boy is it going to be close! I hate this feeling. As much as I despise the thought, I do think I'm going to have to work weekends again. :upset:. I've so enjoyed the pseudo control of the chaos that is my house and life since I quit my sat. job. I was already to put another item up on Ebay but at the last minute couldn't do it. It's a spotting scope that I used for birding up until about 8 years ago. I keep thinking of all the neat spots i could go with my new Paphut and watching the waterfowl on some lake I'm camped out by. Not sure I would get more than $50 for it anyway so I'm keeping it!! There!!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend when I can just concentrate on cleaning up the paphut, mowing the lawn (again!) and just relaxing. Tomorrow I'm going to ask for Friday off to make it an extra long weekend.

OK, off to make some semblance of dinner and to try to hit the sack early. Last nite I was up until 1am before I finally broke down and took an Ambien. Not good.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

GEEZ!

I'm sitting here watching DWTS & they're flashing tornado warnings on the TV. But the warning is for the northern counties in PA, not down this way. I've been hearing thunder off & on for about an hour here. I hope John is safe - he's near that area under the warning!

Papmom, don't sell anything you really cherish. I'm in a place 'mentally' where I just want to get rid of lots & lots of stuff & you know why

Deter, happy birthday again Hang around with us for a while - you may fall in love with us. Watch out for Rusty though - we can't control her :H

Cassia, great to hear your first day went so well! Those people will love you as much as we do

Dewdrop, I hope the tornadoes don't cross the Atlantic.......these storms are frightening!

I think I'll run out & make sure my chickens are secured before this storm gets here!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

awwww thanks Lav, I already love you guys! hugs xxxxxx

Papmom, what kind of spotting scope do you have?

i end up working weekends too and it can be annoying. I manage to make time to smell the roses and garlic though.

stay dry Dewdrop

so....Rusty is a troublemaker eh? hmmmmm
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Oh Yes-Rusty is incorrigible :H!! We love her to death and you will too!

Cass-so happy your first day on the job was a good one and that the vibes are good too. Yea you!!

Det-it's a 1992 Bushnell Spacemaster 781800. I know this because I actually found the receipt tonite from 1992!! I may be a pack rat but I'm an organized one (most days!!)

John-hope you are taking cover and that lil doggie is safe and sound!

Lav-hope those hens are locked up tight. I'm so bad at geography I got you and John mixed up!! And yes, I do know why!

Ok, now it's really time to get ready for dream land. Was going to job hunt but too tired. it can wait until the weekend!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good Evening Friends,

Quick check in as I have to be up at Rusty O'Clock to leave for Nebraska for work. Will be stuck in BFE the rest of the week. :-(

Chill-let us know how your date turned out.

I went for a run on the lake path near my house today and ran into a couple walking their Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy. I fell in love.:h This little guy was 14 weeks old and so soft and cuddly. SIGH. Some days I wish I could stay home and just be a Furmom.

A cheery hello to everyone!

Good night.

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hi Folks:

Just a quick check-in before I head to bed. I am safe from the crazy weather that's been passing through. Just some thunder and lightning in my area and a little bit of wind. Just came in from walking the dog and I think we'll be OK tonight!

This will be another short work week for me - taking Friday off so I'll have a 4-day Memorial Day holiday weekend Planning to FINALLY complete the mulching, etc. Right now, the mulch is piled up in the driveway waiting to be spread. I'll just have to look at it for a few more days.

Lav - I swear the grass is growing right in front of my eyes with it being so wet...

Will try to catch up on everyone's posts tomorrow.....
                          John
                          AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning everyone from a battered and bruised Scotland. We had 100mph winds yesterday which is hurricane level. Dewdrop hope your roof survived, it was crazy wild down here by the sea.

Papmom - I'm glad you are keeping her, Somehow you will work this out, in the meantime keep strong. I know you have a Louise Hay calander and there was one last week which I loved "I do not fix my problems, I fix my thinking and my problems fix themselves".

Lovely to see Determinator drop by, do you know he was the 1st person I ever spoke to in chat the 1st week I found MWO and he was so charming despite the fact Id been drinking.

Well..... Oh boy, McAlsolutelyNotMcDreamy is here and the weather has been dreadful so its been hard work entertaining him. He is hard work anyway. :upset: He is a lovely kind man and there is nothing bad about him whatsoever so I feel mean, but..... He is the dullest person I know. He is supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning and now this volcano in Iceland has erupted threatening to close our airports! Please please don't let him be delayed..... On top of that the Doc has been texting me and wants to see me and Elle tomorrow! I would love to see him, he is quite eccentric and unusual and I'd really like to get to know him.
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hello my lovelies,
                              Just tried to catch up on everyone's posts and it seems like everyone is cool and dandy. I am still the same..I am still hanging out in the mod thread and still doing well with my modding.Still working on dropping some weight, the BF still annoys me... I have turned into an exercise freak. I now work out at least an hour a day. I am such an obsessive person! oh well. This obsession is a good one.

Have a lovely day all. I will check in later. xx
                              Be strong-
                              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                              X