Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Good Morning All.

Rise and Shine. Back from bootcamp. What a gorgeous morning; the humidity has lifted.

Headed out to NH today for a family vacation.

Greenie. Congrats on being a new auntie.

Det, scorpion....EEEEEEK!!

M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

M3, safe trip and happy days!

Going to river then downtown for a little work. Then the bathroom guy comes to doctor the threshold.

I hung blinds and spackled and painted some places on the wall yesterday so I'm rather chuffed.

My friend who was living overseas has returned for good. I hope that sparks my lagging social interests. Maybe the summer heat has something to do with it but I suspect it has mostly been my ailing mojo.

Have a thrilling thursday!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

M3-please wave to me as you pass by on your way to NH!! Wish we had time for a coffe!! Have a fabulous time and make sure your popcorn cupboard is stocked so we all can live vicariously through you while you're enjoying the sea and/or lakes/mountains.

Deter-that does it. NOT moving to NV. Ewwwwwww....... Enjoying the podcasts tremendously and have poked around Mark's site.

Greenie-super congrats!! I can't WAIT to be a grand aunt!! shhh-don't let my sis hear that!!

DG-glad the PI is starting to subside. Poor thing!

Kas-so sorry about your friend. Must be a horrible way to go. Hope your safe and sound whereever you are.

Marshy-glad all is somewhat quiet in your neighborhood. I think the world has gone mad.

Shout out to everyone else stopping by today!

Phone interview in a few hours. Don't really know what to expect. They all know me so well!! Except the Dean. Very wierd.
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Hope all goes well with that interview P3. Wonder what the cell phone thing was about.
        sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Hello all from a wet but calm London.

Mom3 - have a good trip!

Papmom - good luck with the interview!

Greenie - congrats on the grand-nephew. So that's your sibling's grandson right?

DG - XNGF is home on Sunday. She's away on the final week of a part-time course she's been doing for the last two years and is glad it's finally over!

Det - we're allowed to use "reasonable force" to protect our property. This is quite a new thing. Before that we only had the right attack an intruder in our home if we were in fear of our lives. Obviously, it was a very grey area. There have been several cases of homeowners ending up in prison for attacking burglars. In one case a family were held at knifepoint by burglars and when the burglars left, the father of the house chased them down the road with a cricket bat and beat one of them senseless. The father ended up in jail and it seemed to pivot on the fact that the burglars were escaping at the time and so while the family had been in fear for their lives, at the moment when the father was chasing them down the road and attacking them, the danger had passed because the burglars had left the house. There has been a public outcry about the big cases (including that one) which has led to the government bringing in the right to reasonable force to defend property. I don't think it's yet been tested in court though. If you wake up and hear a burglar, grab a knife and kill them, the circumstances of what happened would have to be tested in court to decide whether that was reasonable force or not (if they were armed, if they were attacking you etc etc). You know, after recent events I might well look at "tooling up" as they say :H

Have a safe and peaceful day everyone!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

morning abberoos!

I am finding that I am waking up earlier and earlier these days. I think it's because when I'm at the trailer the puppy has me up at 6 am every morning so now I cannot sleep past 7. Which for me is super early because being off work I usually sleep till around 8ish. But that's okay. However I do find I am tired in the early afternoon.

Things are good here, daughter had a blast at wonderland yesterday. A GF of mine is coming over today for coffee - I used to play ball with her, she is not AF and I'm not sure how much she knows of my issues but I do know she is supportive so I think it will be nice to talk. She contacted me to get together which is something she has never done before so I know she cares. It's nice to have those supports.

Okay, now that I'm up I guess I should get some stuff happening here!

One thing is for sure.....

Love and hugs to all,
            Uni
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Good Thursday morning Abbers!

Enjoy the vacation M3, safe trip

greenie, I haven't had any sort of social life in many, many years.....
              I hope you find one & share it with me :H
              You get the prize for the most protracted home improvement project ever!!!

papmom, today feels lucky

Deter - scorpion?? EEEWWW! I have extremely large spiders here ~ they are bad enough!

Marshy, you need a Piggy Swissy security system like I have. If she grabs on to an intruder I'm not going to worry about it. They can take her to court :H

Uni, getting up early is something you can get used to provided you make good use of yuor time
              When I was still working at the hospital my wake up time was 5 am.......I'm not doing that anymore

I have a full day ahead so I need to get going!
              Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Marshy;1161807 wrote: Greenie - congrats on the grand-nephew. So that's your sibling's grandson right?
                Right. Sister's daughter's baby.

The rights of criminals pisses me off. If you decided to break into someone's home, you know damn good and well you run the risk of getting killed or beat senseless. You shouldn't get to wank on about it. Get fecking over it. That is all.
                sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Morning Mom-Green-Pap-Marsh-Uni,
                  Phew! Gotcha all over in one breath!
                  Have a great AF day.
                  It's been a heavy week for me and it aint over
                  but I feel more able to cope with pressure
                  being AF. May it last.......and last........
                  amen:H:H
                  PS A pheasant has made its nocturnal home on my doorstep in the last few months and is poo-ing all over my step. That's what greets me daily. Life is very strange at times
                  AF since 11 July 2011
                  You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Treya the AF coping experiences build on each other so it does get easier and lasts!

DG, this was in my e-mail Preventing Poison Ivy - Dr. Weil's Daily Tip
                    One time husb 1 was doing outside renovation work & got into PI and then peed outside. cantalope comes to mind. :wow:
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Treya-I'm with Greenie-each small victory builds on the next until you're one big strong BIOTCh who can stare down the beast until it runs screaming for the hills!! Oh, and according to what the universe has been telling me, that pheasant landed on your doorstep for a reason. Guess it's up to you tho to figure out what it is!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Hi Papmom3,
                        Yep, you're right Mr Pheasant landed on my doorstep because my husband thinks he's St Francis and can't stop feeding the whole neighbourhood of birds.
                        Someone tell him it's summer and don't need feeding.
                        I guess the universe is telling me to make it HIS problem and make him clean up!
                        AF since 11 July 2011
                        You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

oh my. some footage of the Manchester riots you have to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbVW_QS2eE&feature=share[/video]]Manchester Riots 2011: scenes from Whalley Range - YouTube
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

Hi fABbies! Picked up my truck today and it's all spiffy. Many years of dings and dents, and one Mr. Doggy HOLE in the back hatch door FIXED!!! I'm stylin' now for a few more years in that old beloved thing!

Treya, you are doing great. And I like your epiphany about who should be cleaning up the poo. :H Handling stressful times in a sober way DOES get easier. Especially (for me anyway) with continued introspection and deployment of new tools.

So P3! What happened at the interview!!!!!! Please say it's not so super secret that you can't tell us!!! (we will not tell a SOUL! Promise!!)

Greenie, thank you for that link!! The big problem with this go 'round is that I had no idea I had been exposed to it until it was way way too late. I will just say that I am very glad I did not have sex with myself or others. That is all.

Lav!!! May your social escapades be ever expanding, with your without YB!

Uni, I hope your get together with your old friend is fabulous!

Marshy, I'm glad to hear XNGF will be home soon. I bet you will both be relieved to be back under one roof! There have been some interesting cases not too far from me where municipalities have instituted gun laws that are questionable in constitutionality - i.e. no guns in the homes. Then what happens is a burglar will break into one of those homes, and get SHOT by the owner. Then the owner goes to jail because he had a gun in his home. Messy stuff!!! I hope it all gets sorted on both sides of the pond so we have reasonable rights to protect ourselves and our property.

Greenie, you are not going to know what to DO with yourself when your remodeling project is finally over! :H (well, yes you will )

M3 - have fun on vacation! Don't do anything you don't want to see pictures of here on the AF daily thread!

One thing is for sure. You would have to tie me up and shoot me to make me take a drink of AL today. And that wouldn't work anyway since if you shoot me I'd be dead and can't drink AL in that condition. So there. No drinking for me.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Thursday 8/11

and the moral of the story is: "dead men drink no grog"

I think some famous pirate said that. a crusty and fearsome gal. DoggyPirate or something like that...
                              to this day the very thought of her sends rum bottles rattling with fear

and now you see why parents won't let me tell there kids stories. hahahahaha!

alls well in the high desert. no scorpion or booze sightings happy to report.

Greeneyes, ditto what you said about criminal's expectations of rights and special treatment.
                              the worse state is Massachusetts that I believe still has the 'must retreat' law in effect. if someone breaks into your house by force you are required by law to retreat and run away from your own house. WTF is wrong with this picture? oh well.

be well me loves,

zoom zoom
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X