Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been Arrested

hi,
    i need help, i havent stopped crying for 3 days, i drove- stupidly - 5 minutes to local shop the other day after consuming over bottle of wine- to get cigerettes
    i met my neighbour coming towards me who told me i was "all over the road"
    anyway to cut a long story short- she called the police,
    i told her she was right- i said how sorry i was that i did that-i just had a recent bereavement and very few people to talk to, i know its not an excuse
    anyway i was arrested at home, police asked if i drove the car, neighbours all around- i said yes
    they drove me to police station to take a breath test- they take 2- second one read as a failure which means to them that i was too intoxicated
    i have to go to court and because second failed, i am off the road for at least 4 years.
    i live in a rural area and work which means that i may lose my job- unless i take a chance to drive
    also, all of this is going to be written in the local newspaper and not sure how this will effect my children yet, not to mention the gossip at the local school when i bring them in this week.
    am so ashamed
    sorry it is so long,
    am really scared, is this my rock bottom?

Been Arrested

Rose,
    I am very sad this happened to you but yes this is your rock bottom.
    This would be my rock bottom and it would be a wake up call for me to stop drinking. You cant change what has happened but there is still chance to rebuild. Luckily no one was fatally injured during the incident...so it could have been much much worse.

Sending you inner strength. x
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Been Arrested

Hi, I am so sorry to hear that. I know how bad you feel, cuz I was arrested for drink driving 14th April (yards from my front door), was in court a week later, and banned from driving for 17 months. On top of that, I was fined ?300. I can get my ban reduced to 13 months, by completing a drink awareness course, which I have just finished.
      I too work a long way away, from where I live, and a long way from my family. It's dreadful. Ive not lived in this area very long, and I feel cut off from everything, and everyone. I'm due to go back to work, after a long time on the sick. I will have a travelling nightmare.
      I just wanted you to know, that I know what you are going through, and how you feel.
      incidentally, where are you from ? I'm UK, and the penalties are fixed. It may be different where you are.... that's just my situation.
      Thinking of you x
      I
      Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Been Arrested

rosewiththorns, I'm sure this is very difficult, but it could be so very much worse. As rebith mentioned, thank goodness nobody was injured or killed. Drunk driving is bar far one of the most dangerous things we alcoholics do.

On bottoms. The way I've heard it put that makes the most sense to me is this. You reach your bottom when you put down the shovel and stop digging the hole.

The thing with continued drinking is that the consequences also continue, and they just get worse with time. Now would be a great time to stop the madness and stop drinking.

I wish you the very best and hope to get to know you better around the forum. Have you downloaded the book? Checked out the Toolbox?

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Been Arrested

I just wanted to say I had a similar experience to stepintime and yes in the UK (but you don't say where you are), you will get a ban which I think is well deserved. It doesn't however fix the problem and it never stopped me from drinking, I simply had to ban myself if I was ever under the influence.

You will get through this situation, but it will affect you practically for a long, long time. I still pay through the nose for insurance years later. It is my punishment for almost killing a family, as well as myself.

Oh and don't let anyone be snobby with you about it, many, many 'normal' people do it and think it's ok. It's not.

Comment

Been Arrested

hi,
            rebirth, i know thank god no one was hurt- that is what my neighbour kept shouting- you could have killed someone nevermind yourself-the shame......

stepintime, thank you for your reply, there is no drink awareness courses- (not that i know of anyway) but should be, anyway to answer your question, based in ireland,,so we are not a million miles away i hope things are ok with you now, are you back to work after your "ordeal" thanks again

doggy, i dont think i will forget what you wrote
            you said - decide to put down the shovel and stop digging! it is such a simple saying but a great one.

i am still feeling sad - raw -embarressed etc, you dont need me to go on- i know you have all been there- but i am going to take the scary step- i will talk soon xx

Comment

Been Arrested

We don't have to be defined by our past. We have a chance to start fresh today, and be the people we can admire.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Been Arrested

Rose - I just want to offer you my support and to say you can make this the turning point in your life and turn a negative into a positive. As DG says, your past need not define you.
                There but for the grace of God.... I drove drunk many times and I'm so grateful I am alive and able to know that I will NEVER EVER do so again. You are going to have to face some real crap over this incident but in the bigger picture you can look back on it as the beginning of a new you and a new start. I wish you much strength.
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Been Arrested

hi rose,
                  i just wanted to offer my support as well. i was arrested in may for a dui. i totalled my car as well. so now not only do i not have a license for 15 months, i also don't have a car. this is the hardest thing i have ever had to go through, and was definitely my wake up call/rock bottom. i wish you the best in getting through this...please do not hesitate to reach out and send me a pm if you need someone to talk to. i am also on chat a few times a week.

Comment

Been Arrested

Rose, I really feel for you.. I too have driven drunk many times ( so ashamed )
                    Once totalled the car.. that stopped me.. Oh its really horrible and the feeling of embarrassment are awful. But just remember as DG said - shes the wisest of the wise - no more digging, this is a new and powerful start for you and you should seize it
                    take care
                    patrice

Comment

Been Arrested

thank you all for your replies and those who replied after.
                      i am making a new start and don't ever want to be at this place of my life again.
                      i know i will have to face a lot of crap over this (deserved) and i just am trying to tell myself to be strong.
                      i have never been in trouble before- but i realise that drinking alcohol has brought me here
                      it is such a curse
                      anyway i will read lots here, you are all so helpful and i sincerely thank you,
                      talk to you soon x

Comment

Been Arrested

RoseWithThorns make sure you check out the toolbox thread,its in the monthly abstinence forum.good luck hope to see you around here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Been Arrested

Oh my god hunni. Your post made me feel sick for you. This must be horrendous for you *huge hugs* everything happens for a reason right... Maybe this happened so you'd be sober. Is this rock bottom... I'd say it was pretty far down but as we know, rock bottom is whatever you decide.
                          I'm so sorry hunni, I don't know what to say that you don't already know but we're here for you ok!

Comment

Been Arrested

One thing I recently read that I find so true is that an addict will not stop drinking until he/she feels the pain and consequences. My friend's son recently hit someone on a bicycle while drunk driving. She struggled for her life in the hospital for 1 month and then she died. She leaves behind a husband and children. My friend's family is devastated.

Your neighbors/community may judge you but those of us here understand. You are stuggling with a disease that is baffling, cunning, and deadly. Fortunately, all you have to do to be "cured" is to stop drinking.

You have an opportunity to turn things around. Today is the first day of your life.

:hM3
                            AF Since April 20, 2008
                            4 Years!!!
                            :lilheart:

Comment

Been Arrested

this thread gives me shivers.....Rose...take the fresh start that has been given to you....we are here and we ALL understand....I have driven drunk more times than I care to admit and I am ashamed of it....
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X