Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinksters Sensational September!

Hi Rockstars,

September is here so lets get our butts moving & shift our health up a notch.

Post your goals here asap please & lets all support each other to have the best September ever. :dancin:

Here are my goals-
    * I will be following the 12 week body transformation (will be posting lots of tips here for those who want them) and losing at least 2 pounds a week. I will be working out 6 days a week (3 runs & 3 gym sessions) burning 500 cals/ session. I will be eating a super healthy 1200 cal/day eating plan.

* I will not drink any AL as it is no longer part of my healthy life.

* I will celebrate my 46th birthday with my family and get a lovely new Polar Heart Rate Monitor to help me reach my fitness goals.

* I will continue to stick to my marathon training program- even when the weather changes or when I am not in the mood. I am going to put my shoes on & go out the door without thinking about it too much. I am just going to do it.

* Most importantly, I am going to tell my husband & family that I am going to be spending time working on my health & fitness, that I need their support. The house is going to have lots of healthy food and I am going to be missing at times when they might want me to do something- they will have to be a bit resourceful and manage.

Think that will do for now!

Can't wait to hear from everyone else. :l
    SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Hi Sarahjane, you are doing so well!
    Today is Day One for me. I have fallen so badly back into my old ways - the worst I've been all year. My laptop has not been working so I got my daughter to ring up this morning and as you can see she has got me back on-line. She knew I wanted to start again and I know how much she wants her mum back!
    So here I go again!
    Read back on a few posts and am very impressed with the progress you are all making. Barbara, you are really inspiring. Your post about how proud you are of yourself and not dating until you're ready really made me sit up and take notice. I think you are so right. Being alcohol-free has to be the priority.
    So here I go again. I decided that today would be my start date.
    Going for a swim at lunchtime and seriously thinking of going to a Zumba class tonight. Will let you know.
    Looking forward to hearing from you all again - have missed you lot!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hello again Pinksters, I missed you all as I tripped along trying to convince myself I was doing well. Sarah Jane, love your goals; they are similar to mine which I will list in a minute. Thank you so much for starting this thread.

Daisy45, I hear you loud and clear and am in the same boat as you. I started some new routines and eating patterns lately to promote better health. I turn 55 on October 8th and as a grand gift to myself would like to have at least 30 days A/F under my belt. I am or was in constant denial. A scary thing has started happening more frequently. Hubby and I have been opening the second bottle more often. Sure feel it the next morning. With the best intentions of only having one glass, it never works, eh... So no more booze for this broad. The kind people here at MWO have said two things that stick out in my mind: 1. increased alcohol abuse creeps up on one slowly and ... 2. it takes a few failed efforts to finally reach the point where not only your intentions are strong, but your actions begin to get strong. Well I have had so many failed attempts, I am beginning to feel STRONGER now probably as a result of the slow acceptance that I NEED to beat this.

For the Grandkid, for my kids, for my health and especially for my emotional well-being, I will gladly join you in kicking some September Astinence butt.

My goals: walking or bouncing on my trampoline daily, taking the supplements and All-One daily, eating a mostly plant-based diet, living in the moment, not in the past or in the future.. living for NOW. Glad to be here.

Tips
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tips & Daisy it is SO GOOD to have you here!

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi fabulous ladies. Thanks SJ for starting the thread and being holder of the whip this month.:goodjob::b&d:
          I managed 24 days AF in June/July, again another 24 in August - both times I was able to be MOD whilst on holiday - but now the holiday is over!!!! Next one is a cruise from Dubai in Feb 2012 for my silver wedding anniversary.
          Right- here we go with the goals -:award:

1) AF until 5th December as a mimimum
          2) Starting 12th September - follow the 12 week whole body transformation with SJ and will also post tips! In pre-season training now!!
          3) Exercise 6 days per week - including CV, resistance and stretching with one day rest per week.
          4) Loose an average of 3lbs weigh per week to achieve my goal weight of 36lbs loss in the 12 weeks
          5) post here at least 3x per week

Lets do this!!!!:goodluck:
          Glam

Comment

Hi Ladies
            I am in for the month of September and looking forward to feeling great!
            I plan to:
            Continue my Half-Marathon training which means running 3-4 times a week. Increasing hills, tempo and distance.
            Walk or do Yoga for at least Half an hour every morning.
            Meditate daily for at least 15 minutes
            Begin at least one regular session with the Personal Trainer per week to set up a strength training program.
            Continue to do my weekly hike up the mountain. (this is my favorite but most grueling activity. The trail has been called nature's stair climber)
            Of course no AL!
            Continue posting here daily.
            These are the things that I will do for myself to keep me physically and mentally fit.
            Looking forward to the challenge. We can do it together Ladies!!!!
            At the end of September we will all be reaping the rewards!
            Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Keeps is back!!!

Hello everyone, IM BACK, missed you all so much but like Glam manged to Mod very well on holiday and now ready to be clean, mean and lean in September. So good to see Tipps and Daisy back and RFL! I have not had chance to read back on the august thread so really hoping you are all ok????? SJ thanks for starting the thread, it feels like a long time ago that i posted on 1st June, I did 30 days then, July MOD ( hated it) August 23 days up to my hol and now here i am aiming for a full 30 days again. My goals are similar, i.e. no A, exercise EVERY DAY even if only a walk which will count as my rest day, strength work to build muscle and tone and drop ten pounds!!! I am ten stone today but was 10.13 on 1st June so i know i can do it with help here and a good dose of PMA! Best news is i feel tip top when exercising and not drinking so here I go. Need all the tips i can get Glam and SJ so keep sharing. Looking forward to hear from all the other pinksters, lets JUST DO IT girls, we know we can , i am so excited xxxxxx:h:h:h
              Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Hi girls, Can't write much. I'm on my iPhone and hate writing much on that. Am in DC where my husband will have heart bypass tomorrow morning. Luckily daughter's apt is about 1/4 mile away. No goals yet, but will post them soon!
                Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Tonstantweader, I hope the procedure goes well for your husband; it's always stressful even though these bypasses are now as common as can be.

Had dinner with another couple and it went well tonight even though they all had drinks at dinner and I had a mint tea. I was teased mercilessly. I really didn't care. I just joked that the last time I gave up wine for a few weeks I lost weight and I will do it again.

Yawn ... goodnight.
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I'd like to join ladies-- my goals are to:

Walk at least 5 times per week for an hour per time. (If cannot walk substitute elliptical at home)
                    No eating after dinner (this will be hard forme)
                    Continue AF
                    Lose 3 pounds per week (my total goal is to lose 50 pounds so I have loads of weeks to be here)

I have some "mental" health things too-- I will post those later. I am looking forward to getting back into shape!

Comment

TW - you and your hubby are in my thoughts and prayers.

Looking like this is going to be a spectacular month for achievements for us pinksters.
                      Waiting for the arrival today of my new Polar HR monitor. CD's en route that I can download to my i.pod to keep me bumped up and motivated whilst exercising. Now just need a new pair of trainers!
                      Head in the right place, excited and raring to go.
                      Will share all the tips we can.

xxx

Comment

Hello Pinksters!
                        Just a quick pop-in. Have to tell you about Zumba. Went last night. Lasted an hour. Was the hardest and most fun workout I have ever done! Great fast and furious music. No way could I get all the moves on the first night as it is so fast. But what a laugh! Cannot wait for the next one. I had a big red face for 2 hours afterwards. Given me the push to give up smoking - would rather be fit for Zumba!
                        Heading for swim again at 12.30. Trying to fit as much in as I can. Too busy to drink! Haha.
                        TW my prayers are with you and your hubby. It will go well.
                        To the rest of you, you are all in great positive mode as always! Great stuff! Let's keep it up. Go Pinksters!!!!:l
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi ladies, it's morning here and when I woke up I felt like I had slept 'cradled in the arms of sobriety'... sounds hokey but it is actually the first thought that came to me as I came to this morning. I told hubby and he didn't get it. Must be the French-English thing.

I just love this group. I so remember the motivation we gave each other back in June when I managed my longest run of abstinence in the ten years of my drinking.

It's funny but the most challenging situations for me are those like tonight when we will be entertaining our friends. My girlfriend will beg me not to let her drink alone. I am finally past the point of caving. It is her problem; not mine. Imagine the stupidity of putting poison in my body just to make someone else feel better for poisoning themselves. Sounds dramatic but in a way it's the truth. Believe me I am not anti-alcohol. I don't mind others drinking and sure enjoy it myself but just sayin...

Daisy, I love Zumba too. It's the only exercise that actually gets the best of me. I am not a sweatty person but I drip sweat for the hour. We start on Tuesday and I can't wait. It's going to kill me as I am out of shape.

TW please let us know how it went for your husband. I hope he is in recovery mode and you are resting too.

Can't wait for those promised tips!!! Come on.. let's have them.

Tips
                          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Good Morning Pinksters.

I can't believe it's Sept., but it is.
                            I went to a Luau the other evening at my friend's condo on the river. About 15 ladies in the pool playing bunco for hours.
                            Here's one thing I have noticed. If I have a drink in my hand, then everyone assumes it's AL and no one bothers me. The trick I have done, which is weird, is to show up with my to go cup in hand.

A few ladies got really plastered and now I watch the ones that do and identify with them. I wasn't really one to call attention to myself, (I don't think). But I look at them and wonder what's really going on in their lives. Do they think they have a problem? Was I like that?

One gal had a fight over the phone with her new hubby and the rest of the night was her drunken drama of complaining about him and she sucked in several drama queens. They went off into a corner drinking and solving the problems of the world. But, will they remember what they solved in the morning? Been there, done that!

Then there were the ones who just had a few beers. My point is that I had the time of my life sober, and I was the only one there not drinking. No one bothered me because they assumed I was drinking the AL punch like everyone.
                            Went home got a great night's sleep and woke up another morning AL free.

Today is day 104 and I've really come a long way. Remember when I told you guys I was scared to death to go to social functions? Well now I don't even think about it. I go, have fun and that's it.

I'm up to 3 miles on the elliptical with a 15 lb. weight jacket on, so I burn 2200 cals. three days a week, then strength training 3 days. One day off.
                            Lots of veggies, L-Glut, 3 x per day to keep the sugar cravings away.
                            Down 12 lbs. since I started 13 more to go, so technically 1/2 way there. It's sure coming off slowly.
                            Feel great. Happy to be part of this group. SJ, Glam, Tips, Keeps, R4L, happy you are all here.
                            TW my prayers are with you and your husband. He will have a new lease on life!
                            Daisy, happy to see you!!!!!

Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend. AL free!!!
                            THOUGHTS become THINGS
                            choose the GOOD
                            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi Pinksters,
                              Only have a minute but wanted to pop in & say hi.
                              Did a great strength training session today. Planning my 10 mile run tomorrow- wish me luck as I have never run that far on my own.
                              Am eating well but keep eating too much sugar (dark choc) every afternoon & it has to stop as it makes me feel rotten later.
                              Have a lovely Friday night everyone. Welcome back Keeps, welcome Althrash.
                              TW you & your dear hubby will be in my prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X