X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread FRIDAY!!! 30 September

:welcome:

Morning Expat. How are you? Awfully early there, isn't it?
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Happy Friday Army. Had a horrible night's sleep. Pug dog has one of those "hot spot" sores on the back of his neck right behind his ear. He spent the whole night licking and scratching:upset: and it kept me awake because I had to keep stopping him from making it worse. The crazy thing is he had just had a bath three days ago and his prescription flea drops applied! His coat was looking beautiful and shiny-and now this. I did an internet search to find a home treatment-hoping to avoid a 100 euro or plus visit to the vet. They told me the same thing the vet said three years ago-shave the area, disinfect, apply hydrocortisone cream-keep area dry and keep animal from licking or scratching infected area. Sorry to whine about my dog-I'm just so tired this morning now and I have a full day's work. And I'll worry about the little shite tearing himself to pieces while I'm gone all day. Probably gonna have to take him to the vet if it does not look better tonight. What next??? Wait-NO! I didn't say that. I don't want to tempt fate!

Comment

Morning RC! It is a little after 6am. I didn't sleep anyway so at this point it doesn't matter!
        How are you today/tonight hun?

Comment

I'm ok but tired and cold too. Time for me to snuggle under the covers. I sent you a pm re Pug dog.
          Hope your day goes well Expat.
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Thanks RC:l
            Nighters

Comment

Morning Expat & RC

Mrs. T and I overslept, so I'm running late.

The cubs' spring break starts today. Rugby World Cup fever is running so high that the eldest cub's shool will already break up at 9.30. I told him he can stay at home. The little fecker is probably still snoring and fouling the air with his night farts as I type.

Right. Off I go. Vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmm
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

hi army!
                dang it, didn't anage to be sneaky today, but have been chaffeuring equines to their pedicures. was a bit wary as the mares hadn't been done in a while, but they behaved admirably.
                expet, the treatment of hotspots that you're doing is correct, the only thing that can be a pain is if a staph infection is complicating things ; then your cortisone cream is actually slowing down the healing & indeed making it a noice spot for staph to have a party.
                if you can, use betadine (dilute) to irrigate the area, then try some raw honey alternating with the cortison cream. have you got an elizabethan collar on 'im? if not, cut the base out of a plastic pot plant holder & tie it to his collar - the area affected is perfect of course for scratching & as you know is making things a lot worse. so yes : clip fur away well beyond healthy skin, cleanse gently but thoroughly with a non irritating wash like saline or dilute betadine, then dress with honey alternating with cortisone. the honey should arrest the staph a bit.
                now you can send me the cheque for 100euro, or i'll take french choc in value....

Comment

beagle;1185043 wrote: hi army!
                  dang it, didn't anage to be sneaky today, but have been chaffeuring equines to their pedicures. was a bit wary as the mares hadn't been done in a while, but they behaved admirably.
                  expet, the treatment of hotspots that you're doing is correct, the only thing that can be a pain is if a staph infection is complicating things ; then your cortisone cream is actually slowing down the healing & indeed making it a noice spot for staph to have a party.
                  if you can, use betadine (dilute) to irrigate the area, then try some raw honey alternating with the cortison cream. have you got an elizabethan collar on 'im? if not, cut the base out of a plastic pot plant holder & tie it to his collar - the area affected is perfect of course for scratching & as you know is making things a lot worse. so yes : clip fur away well beyond healthy skin, cleanse gently but thoroughly with a non irritating wash like saline or dilute betadine, then dress with honey alternating with cortisone. the honey should arrest the staph a bit.
                  now you can send me the cheque for 100euro, or i'll take french choc in value....
                  I wish I had known you when my cats ate Lillies (they both died)

Good morning all Happy Friday.

Comment

Good morning Army and happy friday ;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning luvley peeps

Happy Friday to you too Mario, may this sunshine continue all weekend.

Mrs A thats so sad about your cats :l
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Morning panno ;-)

Comment

No work today, :-)

Comment

But have some tomorrow.

Comment

What you got planned in its place, a bike ride or tennis ?
                              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Working...
                              X