YOU GUYS ARE MY WOLF PACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mentioned on a few threads that I am enjoying reading "Unwasted-My Lush Sobriety", by Sacha Scoblic. At the end of this trailer, she refers to her "wolf pack" of friends in recovey. It sort of reminded me of us here on MWO, so I thought I would share it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rje_uWfk2uU[/video]]Unwasted: My Lush Sobriety by Sacha Z. Scoblic Book Video Trailer - YouTube

Enjoy!:l
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Thanks for that BAF. Looks like a book I would benefit from and enjoy reading. I'm kind of tired of being a lone wolf too.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hey, RC! Good to see your post! You may not remember but I remember you PMing me last summer to get my butt back here...it took a while and a few failed attempts on my part but it worked. I am grateful for you and happy that someone cared enough to PM me out of the blue. It was right around my b-day too.

Be well and thanks for being part of the PACK! --BAF
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Here is Sacha Scoblic talking about the book, which I am almost finished reading and highly recommend. At the end of this interview, she explains that if she even has one sip of a drink, it will send her mind buzzing and even if she is able to stop at one drink that night, the next she will say to herself, "well, it wasn't that bad, I managed to control myself" and then right back at it. Haven't we all been down that rathole before, trying to mod but then failing? This video and all of my past modding attempts have confirmed more than ever that I just cannot mod. It's all or nothing.

Check it out:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnOZFBFNXAc&feature=related[/video]]Unwasted: My Lush Sobriety - YouTube

Comment

Aw, your post has blessed me today BAF.:l
          Glad you like my choice of acronym for you. No longer need the last "A" cuz it's a done deal. Have a good one!
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

OMG, that video is AMAZING! So true to myself. I am only now not quite 7 days sober, but damn that made me laugh and part of enjoying life is laughter.....the zoned out part made me sad and i realized, I used to think that was fun.

THANK YOU AGAIN..I am ordering the book now. too bad she didn't do a video of it, a lot of people who are drinking cannot comprehend to read..HENCE the reason why BOOKS fail for most of us!!

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for the book tip Blonde! I will definitely check it out.

Comment

Blonde, I read this book before I decided to quit drinking - in fact it was the namesake for my screen name. It was one of many books I read that contributed to my wanting to stop.....

Comment

Unwasted - I wondered about that name when I saw it!

Comment

BAAA, love the thought! Yes , some good people are here who watch and care. 'The Wolfpack' was a big deal in the hit comedy 'Hangover', and it's a good way to think for lots of reasons.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I thought the same thing about our very own "Unwasted's" name! Now we know. Not only is the book great but I am about the same age as Sacha and when she mentions things from her past, like songs and icons that I grew up with also, it really brings back memories (I'm in my late 30's BTW).

Comment

Working...
                      X