Selincro - Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selincro - Naltrexone

Looks like naltrexone, utilized similarly to the TSM, has been scientifically verified and is about to go mainstream. For me it has worked wonders. Glad to see it in mainstream medicine. Google Lundbeck nalmofene, and you'll see the phase III test results. Reduces heavy drinking by 2/3's. Exciting stuff. My first post here, but I feel great about this.

Selincro - Naltrexone

TSM has worked wonders for me, also. It's good to see another option for people. It's grotesquely humorous to read this claim: "these data demonstrate that nalmefene is on track to become the first drug to make a difference for the many people in need of a reduction of their harmful alcohol consumption"

First two clinical phase III studies confirm the profile of nalmefene as efficacious and safe in helping individuals to reduce their alcohol consumption (OMX:LUN)

Naltrexone has been out since the 70's and the COMBINE study started around 2001, ended around 2006 and was published in May 2006. COMBINE Study Released

And this is what is wrong with the "addiction treatment industry." They want to reinvent the wheel constantly without using what they have.

But, then again, maybe doctors will prescribe the new drug correctly. They can't get their mind around TSM to prescribe it correctly.
    Sinclair Method (50mg naltrexone one hour before drinking)

Pre TSM 80-90 Units Per Week, No Alc Free Days

After control: 3-6 units per month, 25+ alcohol free days!

Comment

Selincro - Naltrexone

Yes Naltrexone can work wonders for some people, and it has been around for a very long time. I was speaking with a friend who knows how hard I struggled, telling him I had now found my solution. He said "but why isn't this available throughout the country, why isn't everyone being treated like this". All I could do was shrug my shoulders (I did give the usual explaination that it doesn't work for everyone, and also that there isn't any money in it for everyone but it sounds a bit pathetic in light of the problem).
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Selincro - Naltrexone

I think the major part of why it isn't pushed is it ends at some point. Long term TSM'ers seem to end up like yourself, one to two tablets a week. That's it. No "relapse" and 30 day rehab. No substance abuse counseling. Maybe a pound a week in pills.
        Sinclair Method (50mg naltrexone one hour before drinking)

Pre TSM 80-90 Units Per Week, No Alc Free Days

After control: 3-6 units per month, 25+ alcohol free days!

Comment

Selincro - Naltrexone

I just did gene testing through 23&Me and found out that I'm the least likely type to have success with naltrexone. Bummer. Glad you guys found your way out!!

Comment

Selincro - Naltrexone

Real pity, I suppose it could be interesting for me to undergo the gene testing. Where did you get yours done, and do you know if it's possible from the UK?
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Selincro - Naltrexone

dustbin;1276143 wrote:

About baclofen in particular, there *is* a patented variant (R-baclofen) which would earn the manufacturer billions if proven to work for a wide-spread disease like alcoholism. Instead, the company decided to look at its use for autism instead.
              There is (R)-baclofen, the therapeutically active enantiomer of racemic Baclofen and there is Arbaclofen Placarbil, a pro-drug that metabolizes into (R)-baclofen, which is being developed by Seaside Therapeutics to treat Autism (by acting on mGLU5 I believe) and also, well formerly, by Xenoport to treat GERD. 2 interesting things: 1) Only the (R) enantiomer of baclofen produces beneficial effects and the (S) enantionmer is suspected of causing side effects (All commerically available preparations of baclofen, i.e. Lioresal, Kemstro, all generics, etc. are racemic mixtures of 50% (R) and 50% (S) enantiomers). 2) As a prodrug, Arbaclofen would go a long way in overcoming regular baclofen's short half-life and small window of absorption.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...tml#post913627
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...bil-46172.html
              TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Working...
              X