Shades of Grey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shades of Grey

OMG! I never read fiction but this has sucked me in from page 1. So much better than I expected.

What Makes 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' So Hot? - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

Shades of Grey

I read it too, but wasn't impressed. The titillation was fun at first but the writing was awful. My neighbor just give me the next one and I'm speed reading it so I can tell her I enjoyed it because she is really hoping I will.

It takes place in Seattle a city I know well and there is no credibility in her writing about it all.

Hope I didn't burst your balloon Lucky,lol.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Shades of Grey

No worries SK. It is erotic though!

Comment

Shades of Grey

Yes it is!
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Shades of Grey

I actually had all 3 of this series reserved at the Library, then cancelled my request. I thought "too mainstream". I'm a rebel, if EVERYBODY is reading a book, I have no interest in it! LOL

I do hear they're pretty titillating though. Not sure my heart could take it. LOL :H
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Shades of Grey

Hi K9. There are reports that it's on the bedside of LOTS of women:H
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Shades of Grey

Maybe I shouldn't have cancelled my request.........

For sure my dog would eat those books, as they're so juicy. LOL

(he's on an eating-library-books-kick right now) ha

Comment

Shades of Grey

Too funny K9! My neighbour upstairs, young lady of 28, told me after reading parts of Book 1 she marched over to her boyfriends and said, "get in the bedroom, you're mine", :H She advised me to get a vibrator.

If it perks up one's sex life, why not? We all need a perk once in a while.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Shades of Grey

LOL SKendall....I may have to reconsider...

Although sometimes I hate to think of what I'm missing out on! Maybe I should stick to books about wildlife or nature...that way my life will seem exciting in comparison. In fact, I think I'll go pick up a book about the exciting life of snails tonight.

Comment

Shades of Grey

Lucky and K9, someone sent me SNL skit of 50 shades of grey. It's hilarious! Just google it and watch and laugh. :H
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Shades of Grey

OMG that was too funny!! :H

Comment

Shades of Grey

I read the first two books in this series, and was a little disappointed. I only bought the second one because I was hoping for some kind of a plot, lol. It is titillating, definitely, but the constant sex gets old, at least for me because I got that kind of reading out of my system a long time ago, lol.

Haven't bought the last one, but someone ordered all three for the library, so I may have to at least skim it. Laura Reese wrote something similar years ago entitled, "Topping From Below". However, hers was much darker and very suspenseful...superior in my opinion. Not great literature, but more of a page-turner than FSOG.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Shades of Grey

i tried to read book one. it was so terribly written with an obnoxiously large word thrown in here and there, i just couldn't do it.
                          I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                          sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Shades of Grey

Absolutely hated it!! worst writer I have had the misfortune to come across, I can see it's appeal to the masses (most of the people I know who have enjoyed it never read at all!) but I need a book to be well written in order to enjoy it!
                            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Shades of Grey

Agreed!!! Most of the people I know who've enjoyed it do not read either. It's funny that you point that out. Makes sense now.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                              X