Starting Topa Today - Woo Hoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got my Topa yesterday and I'm taking my first dose this afternoon.

I'm also taking L-Glut, Kudzu and Milk Thistle, Magnesium and Omega 3.

I've ordered the CD's but coming all the way to Australia might take a few weeks to arrive.

Wish me luck :fingers:
    Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
    :h ya
    Trix

Hi Trixiebelle, good luck with it. I am looking forward to giving Topa a try too, and am getting sick of waiting on my doctor for advice about combining it with baclofen. I guess I am just too cautious, which is stupid because I didn't show any caution at all when drinking!

Let us know how you are going with it. Are you starting at 25 mg per day? I think I'll be taking Antabuse + Topamax + baclofen (low-medium dose) when I get going with this, and may try to find some decent kudzu...will also be on the antidepressant mianserin but only because it is the only A/D that ever helped me in the past. L-glutamine also helped me in the past when I took it with Campral, so I may as well try it again too.

All the best with it!

Comment

Great news Trix

Good luck xx

Comment

Thanks Space :l

Greg, I googled the side effects of Topa and nearly chickened out, but then I thought what the F&#k am I doing to myself from drinking AL?? Weird hey, just because its legal and readily available.

I took my first dose this arvo, 25mg every day for a week, then increase in increments of 25mg per week as per the MWO schedule in the PDF - I'm under no guidance from a Dr. I figure they will ask me the standard questions, am I allergic to anything, am I taking anything else, blah blah blah. Half the time up here, they couldn't care less.

If I find I have any weird side effects I'll make my decision. One week at a time.

I am taking the Kudzu as well, as mentioned, and I stopped taking it over the long weekend we just had, I didn't think it was doing anything, and while it didn't stop me drinking - I did find that I wasn't wanting to get smashed once I started again, so not sure.

I take the Planetary Kudzu, I got it from a1natualhealth.com
        (Planetary Herbals, Full Spectrum Kudzu, 705mg, 120 Tabs = $39.95)

I found it from another thread on MWO and I've heard that the Planetary brand is recommended by others here too.
        Trix

Comment

Good for you Trix - hope it works for you - don't be fazed by the SE's - if you look at the SE's of ANYTHING there is a list a mile long..... - anyway, you know where to come if you need any help, advice etc - will be thinking of you - it all sounds good..... :l

Hugs to you, Sun XX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thanks Sun,

That's exactly what I thought, even with vitamins there's SE's and I've never had a bad reaction to any drug, so what the heck.
            Trix

Comment

Yes the list of side effects of any drug is a mile long, because they have to list EVERYTHING that has ever happened to people, even if it's only a 1 in 1000 event. Nobody would ever take aspirin, or over the counter cold and flu remedies, if they read all the potential side effects. Alcohol's side effects are legendary, and I would never take a drug if it produced the rotten after-effects and life destruction that alcohol does...yet I was happy to use alcohol itself for many years, knowing full well what it does!

Good luck with the Topamax.

Comment

Thanks Greg, you're right about listing the SE's - they have to cover their arses.
                Trix

Comment

There is one rare side effect to really look out for, all the same. I remember reading that Topamax can cause a very serious eye problem, and that unusual eye pain or vision loss can be a warning sign. Nobody has ever mentioned it, to my knowledge, while using it for alcohol dependence.

Comment

I do remember reading that when I googled it, thanks for reminding me Greg.
                    Trix

Comment

How are things going now with the Topa Trix, how does it mae you feel?

Comment

Hi Space,

I'm still only on 25mg (day 3 today) and I feel no different yet...

Oddly enough I went to see a friend yesterday, I ended up having 4 ciders at her place in 3 hours. I got home and thought I'd have another one, but I didn't want one, I mean I really didn't - I sat there for about an hour pinching myself and trying to talk myself into why I should have one....

I didn't end up having any at all. Might be an isolated event, but I have NEVER had that experience - unheard of in my book.
                        Trix

Comment

Trixiebelle;1335914 wrote: Hi Space,

I'm still only on 25mg (day 3 today) and I feel no different yet...

Oddly enough I went to see a friend yesterday, I ended up having 4 ciders at her place in 3 hours. I got home and thought I'd have another one, but I didn't want one, I mean I really didn't - I sat there for about an hour pinching myself and trying to talk myself into why I should have one....

I didn't end up having any at all. Might be an isolated event, but I have NEVER had that experience - unheard of in my book.
                          It's possible that it is starting to work even at such a low dose and so early on. I hope so anyway. Keep us informed how it is going...I hope you keep getting good results!

Comment

Wouldn't that be awesome Greg, but I am looking forward to having a cider this arvo, so I don't think so. I'm keeping an open mind about it all.

I'll keep posting.
                            Trix

Comment

So far, no effects from the Topa - I had a big night last night and I really regret it this morning as usual.

But today is another day in the battle. I wasn't expecting any results for a few weeks at least, so I'm not really surprised.

Friday I go up to 50mg - looking forward to the next step
                              Trix

Comment

Working...
                              X