X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Mod Squad

I've never started one of these before, but think it's allowed

A moderate August to all!

I have two motivations: to not drink so much because I don't want to be someone who drinks so much :bigwink: and to lose ten pounds.

Any other reasons to have a moderate month?

August Mod Squad

Thanks DG - Gunna take some getting used to looking for the "August Mod Squad"

I would love to have a liquor free month - I am confident I can restrain myself from drinking liquor at home or at-least at home by myself, but if a friend visits with liquor or we go out I am not so sure I can restrain - BUT I WILL TRY

I also vow to get back on my healthy diet and exercise plan

GOOD LUCK TO ALL
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hello Moddies!! I posted in July Mod Squad this morning. I forgot it was already August.

Feeling a bit better this afternoon. Worked out differences with family and feel relieved. Thinking about having a couple of drinks tonight and relaxing. Last night was so stressful. I need peace.

Vliven, I'm glad your presentation went well. Good job!!

DG, thanks for starting us up for August. Good luck with your mod goals.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

LG - Wow you really flipped that around quickly good for you, enjoy your relaxing night.

It's Taco Night at our house tonight - Hubby and Son Love when I make tacos
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

August Mod Squad

I didn't flip totally, lol. Just got on polite speaking terms, and that's enough for now. Can't sit here and bellyache night after night, can I? I wouldn't do that to you good people. Thanks vliven for replying to me in the other thread (July).

Well, I didn't stop for AL on the way home. I wanted to, a lot! I almost turned around even on my street and went back into town. I have one more day of work this week, and no way do I want to feel like not going tomorrow.

P.S. Bf surprised me and had the front lawn mowed and trimmed neatly when I got home today. I was grinning. Can I swing by and grab a couple of tacos? hee hee

Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

DancingGirl;1358539 wrote: I've never started one of these before, but think it's allowed
            DG,
            Thanks for starting the post and no worries!! The first one to start the post is "allowed" to do it. No dictator here!
            :l
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

August Mod Squad

LibraryGirl;1358577 wrote: Hello Moddies!! Feeling a bit better this afternoon. Worked out differences with family and feel relieved.

LG
              Hey LG,
              I saw that you were so upset a day or two ago regarding the family issues. So many problems in life boil down to lack of communication or misunderstanding. I have learned to always remember that I don't really know what the other person is going through and they may rage at me about something but it's not me, they are mad because they had a bad day or are having some other type of problem and take it out on the first person that crosses them. It sounds like you noticed a problem but were too busy to help at the present moment and just wanted to pass the need about things on to others. It didn't sound like you were telling them to do it but they took it that way. Without knowing all of the details it's hard to give advice but a comeback could have been, "I'm not expecting you to buy the clothes for mom, I just wanted you to be aware of what she said so that one of us can help her when we have the time." Anyway, I am glad you worked the stuff through.

Your issue reminded me about times we have had misundertandings here. I have actually had a few issues on this board myself and am sure we all will at one time or another because with the internet we cannot see faces, hear tones, or back off or explain ourselves when someone takes something the wrong way. Sometimes someone will take a statement personally and perhaps it was a statement about someone else but they internalized it for some reason. So, best to notify each other (private mail is best) if clarification here ever needs to be made. Hope you have a better night and sorry you had such a stressful one.
              :l
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

August Mod Squad

LG we sound soooo alike - While I love my Hubby to DEATH and he is a wonderful man, I was raised to spoil your man (raised by stay at home mothers who had no idea what it was like to have a demanding career on top of a family and home) he will pretty much do anything I ask of him but there is nothing better then coming home and seeing he took care of something without me having to ask

I just got home took care of a few little chores and prepped taco fixins, gunna watch some bad TV and loaf for a bit then read till hubby gets home and maybe have a beer or two with him later..............

Eave good response and I totally agree

Comment

August Mod Squad

I love you guys.:l Thanks for the very thoughtful reply Eve. I agree, and thought it was self-evident, but as you so kindly point out, communication is crap on the internet. I embelished. Hopefully, things are settling down now, and we (my fam and I) can move forward.

vliven, I was raised the same way. Women are supposed to cater to their man. I do it, and then I rebel against it. LOL, looks like I could make a stand either way. My bf takes a little more prodding, and he doesn't always do anything I want him to, but he gets there eventually.:H Now, the back yard.

Just ate a late dinner: spaghetti bolognese and garlic toast. Must say I did a pretty good job. Now, just catching up on here and will probably go read a little before bed.

Lg

Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hi, All,

Another day for me split between work and baby duties. Not sure when my last post was but both of the boys are home now and today was their first visit to the pediatrician's office. It went well, we have a great doctor, and the boys are doing great. They're both now back above their birth weight by over a half pound, and everything is perfect! Tonight I'll do my first middle of the night feeding solo for both boys, so I'm going to sleep in a few minutes and waking for a 12:30 feeding (alarm set for midnight) Now I know why I stopped drinking and am not ready to try to mod at least not yet!

It's funny, I'm on day 25 or so, and not really considering a night of drinking or attempting moderating, but I've had a lot more cravings recently. Not sure if it's due to the fact that we've cut back my naltrexone, or what, but I noticed my mother in law (a true saint, here to help 24/7 at age 83!) drinking her red wine with dinner (we were having an awesome chicken dish with all sorts of capers, olives and prunes or grapes, she was eating pizza b/c she doesn't eat meat) and really wanted to pour myself a glass. Instead, I'm going to sleep with the sleep learning hypnosis cd after doing a meditation.

Hope all is well with everyone. Welcome to August!

Dave
                    Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                    When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Great job on 25 days, D.:goodjob: That is right, isn't it? Now, I can't look back, lol. Also, good for you on helping with the nighttime feedings. I don't know how my mom did it all by herself, all those years ago when it wasn't "cool" for dad's to pitch in.

Good morning to all! It's a beautiful, hot day in South Carolina. I wish I actually lived nearer to the beach, or had a pool, so I could enjoy this weather. As it is, all I can enjoy is staying out of it for the most part, and in air conditioning.

I had a small glass of wine last night, and that was all. Went to bed around midnight and slept like a rock. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little tomorrow morning. I have a hair appt later in the morning, but should enjoy at least an hour longer sleeping.

Hope everyone is doing well today. I have a project I need to get started on. It's a poster session/presentation I'm doing at a conference in October. I keep putting off getting started, but I know it will be enjoyable and go quickly once I bite the bullet, so to speak.

LG

Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

Guten Morgen!

Not sure where that came from I'm not German

D- Things seem to be going very well for you and I think it is great you are aware of your cravings and trying to figure them out, you are a shinning example of how quickly your life can turn around for the better as soon as you cut off AL.

LG- how did the rest of your evening pan out after BF surprised you with fresh cut lawn.............(if the evening include some reward for him, you don't need to go into detail )

Taco night was a success as usual - Son and friends had come home after I had gone to bed and left a disaster as they finished everything off, that was fun to wake up to.

I had a taco, we watched an episode of Sons and I had two beers (wanted 3 but stopped) and was in bed just after 9:30.

Feeling a little blah and sluggish this morning for some reason, had a good nights sleep and all? Not terrible though and NOT hung over and still really excited that I have not stopped at that evil liquor store.

I'm sure i bore the hell outta of all of you, seeing as I tend to use this thread as more of my own personal diary full of nothingness but it seems to be helping me so thanks for letting me

Hope everyone has an easy day, weekend is around the corner!
                        :wd::wd::wd:

Comment

August Mod Squad

cross post, vliven! Hi :hiya: You're never boring. I am grateful someone posts as often as I do, lol. It's me who's boring.

No reward for bf last night. Maybe this weekend.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hi, LG and vliven. Sounds like you're both doing well. I don't think either of you are boring, so no worries about what you're posting.

I'm having such a hard time getting into my work. I'm not sure if it's entirely the distraction of the twins, or that I'm also a bit taken aback by the few bad days I had with existing clients and prospects alike a couple of days before they were born. I also just heard from my most promising prospect that the practice is being purchased by the local hospital, and they're going to go with the hospital EHR (which they hate) instead of our product, which they had selected and planned to purchase and begin implementing later this month. OMG the ups and downs of being involved in sales!

VLiven, sounds like you're doing a good job driving past the licquor store and avoiding the hard stuff. Great steps towards moderating, keep it up!

LG, enjoy the fact that today is the last day of your work week. I have to work tomorrow, it will be my second full day of work this week, after today, but at least I'm hoping to play 9 holes before work at 6:15 am tomorrow morning. That is, of course, if my wife gives me a pass to do so (and agrees that I can go to bed after the 9:30 feeding.

Have a great day, all. I'll try to check back later and see if we can't get this thread rockin!

Dave
                            Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                            When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Thanks D for the encouragement

I have been in a work funk lately, we are a little slow and thrive on being slammed......

LG - Jealous today is your Friday,it is my hubby's as well

Ok gunna get back to work and REALLY try and make a dent in that same pile I swore I'd tackle yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X