Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enjoying the quiet

Its been two weeks since my last drink.

Sitting here thinking of things I need to do before going to the beach tomorrow and it dawns on me that going to the liquor store isn't one of them.

So refreshing not to have that constant noise in my head. When can I drink again? I have to get up in the morning so I better not drink or drink too much. What do I have to get done before I can drink. All the planning for something that is destroying me. What a waste.

The saying "sobriety means freedom" never rang so true.

enjoying the quiet

It's so very true, it is freedom. Enjoy!!!
    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

enjoying the quiet

Hi Freeandclear, I'm happy for you. The amount of peace of mind that comes with quitting drinking is truly amazing to me. I always knew I wanted to quit drinking and I hated the fact that I continued drinking well after the realization that I had a problem. I just never knew how great it would feel, the peace and calm. I'm glad you're in a good place!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

enjoying the quiet

I love both your user names!...

It really is less work this way, & it's so freeing!.... I just came back from the coast. One of my fave places! Enjoy the peace & quiet!.... Ah......

Comment

enjoying the quiet

I love both your user names!...

It really is less work this way, & it's so freeing!.... I just came back from the coast. One of my fave places! Enjoy the peace & quiet!.... Ah......

Must have liked it so much, it posted twice. hahaha.... that's a quiet hahaha...

The sober memories created are so much better!... Peacefulness, quietness, stillness, food, shopping, my daughter, my generous hubs.... The waves, the sounds, the smells, the sun, the shells & rocks. I feel like I'm still there! . No hangovers, no regrets!.... Being with my daughter & celebrating her 25th b-day AF was the best part!.........Yeah

Have a great time!....

Comment

Working...
          X