• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am being cheated on...

The story is so long...but it isn't.
    It's simple.
    I trusted someone with my heart, and it is smashed to bits.:upset:
    I discovered that the man I loved, and have been with for 2 years, and who I have lived with for the past 16 months has an active account on the same dating website we met on.
    When we decided to be exclusive, a couple years ago, he was the one to suggest we disable our accounts, or put that we were "seeing someone."
    I did that. He did that.
    I never go on that website anymore, since then...until now. I wanted to check.
    And, it says he is "available" and looking for a long term relationship/short term relationship/friends/whatever...it says that he has logged in as recently as the end of June.

He moved out on Friday.

I feel sick. I can't eat.

and, I did drink Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

I am not drinking tonight.
    I cannot let this throw me into a backslide.
    I have the power to say no. To care for myself and be healthy.
    But, these past few nights, I just wanted to obliterate my mind.

My heart hurts. My trust is gone. I feel so alone. I slept maybe 3 hours last night.

I feel so sick. He treats me like shit. The relationship is emotionally abusive and manipulative...and I felt that he would change...there was something, a glimmer in him, that I saw and had affection for.

Now I just feel sorry for him. That he cannot be a man and show his feelings, that he has to always run, or try to control others. That everything has to be his way, or it is wrong.

But it still hurts like f'ing hell.
    I feel so very alone.
    I don't know what to do next.

I'm really sorry that you are hurting Abielle. Losing your trust in someone is devastating. I have been there.:l I know that this isn't the time to buck up and look on the bright side, but maybe once you've grieved a little, you can feel a bit thankful that you discovered that he is not committed. You admitted that he is manipulative and abusive (mentally?) to you, so for your own good, it's probably best that he has moved out/on.

For now, take care of yourself. You can talk to us on here as much as you need, and I am always just a PM away, if you want to talk privately.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Onward and upward, girl!!!

You don`t need him.

Quite simply, you deserve better!!! :l

Star x
      Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Yes, mentally abusive, not physically. And, I know I deserve better.
        I don't know how to begin to grieve this. Not drinking over it will be step one.
        But, then what?

I can't breathe. I can't eat. I feel like vomiting. I feel so low, and used, and gullible.

No more! But, now I need to figure out how to heal.

Yes, PM please...anyone. I am just totally losing it.

Comment

don't blame yourself

Hi Abielle
          I know the tendency in these situations is to take the blame on yourself. I think that women especially are vulnerable because we are so needy of a relationship, whereas men seem to see things a lot more in physical/sexual terms (sorry about the generalizations for men reading this, I know some of you are like us and want the emotional relationship but don't think that's the norm). It does seem like many men have a hard time staying committed.

Though you feel this is a reflection on your gullibility forget it. You knew he had character flaws. We all have some kind of flaws. What happened to you happens to so many other women. This is not a reflection on you!

The best advice I can give you is that this pain for sure will pass. It's such a cliche that time is a healer but it's very true. Think back about your last heartbreak before this and how you never think about that guy again.
          Try to spend time with people you care about and believe me this will wear off!
          Take care of yourself!

Comment

Im on right now, feel free to PM me.......I can listen for hours.........
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Sweet Nelz.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Hiya Abielle, sorry to hear what you are going through - just wanted to say STOP your drinking - don't let this knock you off the wagon. I did that when my relationship ended - I ruined 1 year AF and went on a bender for months - happy to say that I finally jumped back on the wagon and have since done another year AF.
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Oh Abi
                  I am so sorry
                  do you have any close friends you can be with right now
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                  X