Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good supplements for a female to build lean muscle without weight gain????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys, if anyone knows of any good supplements to build lean muscle and not weight for a woman, please let me know, i was considering creatine??? for one month?
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

oh i forgot to say i already use whey protein and l glutamine
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

ive been looking about and im gonna try this lean muscle bundle:
      thermo caps to aid fat loss
      omega 3 oil
      multivitamin
      whey protein
      creatine
      CLA to aid weight loss and promote muscle growth

see if it works
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I'm certainly no expert pinky, but you seem to be doing most, if not all, of the right things already. You might find parts of this website useful, I certainly did, though there's quite a lot to read if you don't have much time:

The Best Diet Plan To Lose Fat, Build Muscle & Be Healthy

FWIW, I've just started taking fish oil supplements.

Comment

Hi Pink,

Its been my experience being an avid gym goer for the past 3 years that people's opinions on supplements and advice by nutritionists are kind similar to political commentators. Everyone has a different opinion and believe they are right and argue with each other. I'm no expert by any means, just know what worked for me.

A bit about myself, about 3 yrs ago I lost 70 lbs and got myself into excellent shape with daily targetted muscle training/abs everyday/cardio everyday. Being in the military, due to the incredible amount of beer I was brewing and drinking regularly, I was seriously overweight which is a big no no. The primarily motivation though was so I could still drink my ass off and not gain any weight if you can believe that! Ironic that the desire to continue drinking motivated me and directly contributed to my getting into shape, how is that for jacked up! I wouldnt recommend that plan though! SMH...but I am getting off track, that isnt the subject of thread, heh

Dont listen to the "experts" working at places like GNC or Vitamin shoppe. They are just going to try and upsale you no matter what! I swear sometimes I hear things they are telling and advising people and you'd think they were seasoned medical doctors! Suppliments aren't a multi-million dollar industry for nothing, they promise a lot to people, but mostly deliver squat. I knew a guy that was taking like 15 different varieties of supplements for about a thousand dollars a month!

You didn't mention your workout. Are you just starting out? what is your baseline starting out? what is your goal?

What you are taking sounds fine, but watch the pre-workout supplements or "fat burners" you can get the same affect from a couple of cups of coffee prior to a workout. All they do really is give you a caffiene rush. About all I can see anyway.

There is a lot of debate about creatine. My personal experience, it made me gain water weight. It did give me a bit of a bulkier appearance. Didn't help me with getting cut at all, though. Was on it for three months.

The whey DID seem to help me. All I do now really. People also argue that a good meal after can provide just as much of a protien boost as any recovery supplement. Watch out for some of the other post-post workout formulas. Some of them have up to 300-500 calories a serving! Probably if you are hardcore bulking up with no cardio would maybe be good.

Anyway, feel free to PM me with any specific questions. I can give you my current workout that incorporates everything if you would like. Like I stated, I am not an expert but can give some ideas of what worked for me.

Good luck in there, and keep going! You are going to feel awesome when you reach your goal!

Comment

Dasim22;1501907 wrote: Don't pay attention to the "experts" operating at locations like GNC or Supplement shoppe. They are just going to try and upsale you no issue what! I believe sometimes I listen to factors they are informing and suggesting individuals and you'd think they were professional healthcare doctors! Supplements aren't a multi-million money market for nothing, they guarantee a lot to individuals, but mostly provide go.
            Dasim22 that was kind of odd. Did you just translate or paraphrase my paragraph there?

Comment

I watch twinmuscleworkout by hodge twins and furious pete on youtube all the time. From my experience creatine was a waste of money. Peanut butter is a good source of protein and the only thing I've personally felt that i got stronger from buying was whey protein. I won't swear that theres anything else out there that won't help. Caffeine helps because you can do more, baclofen gives me energy so it's helped my muscles a lot, tapering down made me lose a ton of muscle tone, both because that's a side effect and i've felt like shit (fatigue).

I'm not a female btw. I will offer a big tip that i've found helps. Don't try to increase the weights you use, instead do more reps. The more you burn you feel, the more muscle you'll build, but you need to eat complex carbohydrates, they go to your muscles and if you don't eat enough of them your body will actually burn muscle for energy.

A great forum to join is Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community!
              They have training programs for you to follow and a great forum for you to ask questions. They won't get mad if you ask stupid questions either, those guys have it down to a science.
              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Life affords no higher pleasure, than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes, and seeing them gratified. He that labours in any great or laudable undertaking, has his fatigues first supported by hope, and afterwards rewarded by joy

Comment

Rip,
                I've heard that the ultimate compliment for any author is to get plagiarized! LOL

Comment

Chilipepper;1545528 wrote: Rip,
                  I've heard that the ultimate compliment for any author is to get plagiarized! LOL
                  LOL, I guess, but that was just strange eh?

Comment

Creatine is useful for strength based workouts - it doesn't give you a pump or anything just the ability to crank out an extra rep here and there or some extra weight. I would recommend it.

Your bodyweight in lbs x 14-16 (to start)

1g of protein per lb of bodyweight
                    0.4g of fat per lb of bodyweight
                    And the remaining cals in carbs

If you want to gain muscle, you must be in a caloric surplus.

Take it slow and keep an eye on your fat levels. Some fat gain is inevitable when trying to gain muscle. The quicker you try and gain mass the more fat you will accumulate. So take it slow, keep the workouts at a good intensity and the caloric surplus at a sensible level.

Comment

Working...
                    X