Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell me if Dr. Phill is legit or not????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I about to throw money I don't have away? Can I do this on my own?? Please somebody tell me if this guy is a fraud! I do not want to die from alcoholism.

Do not give him any money. Although he was a doctor he is no longer allowed to practice and is not licensed so cannot legally prescribe any medication.

The advice you'll get from Ne, tiptronic, and many other members here who take bac will be able to give you as good as an advice as any.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you for responding JackieClaire.

Any others have thoughts?

Comment

If you hang out in the Meds Forum you will get PLENTY of Baclofen advice. From what I can see, Dr Phill's Handbook was built on our experiences at MWO. I'm not on Bac now but there are plenty that are and they can guide you.

Plus, what Jackie said is correct. He is not licensed.

Comment

To recap: Save your money. IMHO you will get just as good advice on titration etc. here as you will from Phill... and it won't cost you anything.

Comment

I dont know anything about Dr. Phil or any products he may have. I am of the belief that it can be done by yourself if you really want it bad enough.

There are free resources out there for some support that I highly suggest....this place for one.

Its not a one size fits all fix, it takes different things for different people. Hang around here for a while, post up concerns or questions and see what happens.

Good luck in your journey, we are here to help
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Thank you. I know he is not licensed right now. However, I have been speaking with him this week via email and once for about 30 minutes over the phone. I told him I was an attorney and then he told me he held a law degree as well. Ok, fine. Then he quoted me (what I believe to be) a very high fee. I told him I would not pay anything up front, but I would pay him as we go --and at a much lower rate than what he quoted --because that is what my family can afford. He has since been blowing up my email accusing me of not being who I say I am!! He seemed very nice and knowledgable on the phone, but shit!!!

Comment

I don't know anything about Dr. Phill. I used Dr. L out of Chicago. Let me know if you need his phone number. He charges but he's very generous and is not in it for the money. I agree with Jackie, the posters on here are very helpful and there are many that have succeeded without a doc. However, it feels better when there's a doc involved at least at the begining but please don't let that hold you back if it's not possible.

Cheers!

Comment

momof4... I just noticed your post count. I didn't realize you were so new to the forum.

Would you like me to start a thread for you in the Meds Forum... that is where the people that use baclofen hang out. You could talk to these guys and ask questions etc....

Comment

momof4boys;1412513 wrote: Thank you. I know he is not licensed right now. However, I have been speaking with him this week via email and once for about 30 minutes over the phone. I told him I was an attorney and then he told me he held a law degree as well. Ok, fine. Then he quoted me (what I believe to be) a very high fee. I told him I would not pay anything up front, but I would pay him as we go --and at a much lower rate than what he quoted --because that is what my family can afford. He has since been blowing up my email accusing me of not being who I say I am!! He seemed very nice and knowledgable on the phone, but shit!!!
                    Yeah... held or DID hold... not quite sure about that but Jackie will know. (Her husband is an attorney also...)

Read my previous post. Let's get you started over in the Meds Forum. And if Phill continues to harass you... well, you know what to do...

Comment

I could go on so I will. Yep he may have a law degree but has never practised that either.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wait, I thought this was the meds forum???
                        Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds

Have I been missing out on something???!!

Comment

Zenstyle, my first time on this forum was just this week. I apologize if I am in the wrong place! I kind of thought I was in the right place....Please tell me where to go. I appreciate everyone's replies.

Comment

Oh sorry! My bad! LMAO!

Yep, this IS the Meds Forum... :H :new:

I'm a wee tad stressed today!

Comment

Phew!

Comment

Working...
                              X