af day Mon 24 Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Mon 24 Dec

Well morning all - I am back in New Zealand after a great exhausting trip to India. No alcohol for me despite sleeping very close to a well stocked mini bar. Now waiting for my flight home and Christmas Day. Will be a quiet sober one with my partner and daughter - am looking forward to it. My duty free bag is full of chocolate!
    I hope you all are happy and safe over Christmas - I have yet to catch up on posts. This is a tough tough time for many people and esp those afflicted with the AL beast - and even for many not addicted - AL can f..k up their Christmas. A beast wrapped in tinsel for too many.
    But I want us to have fun (and even if we just want to avoid Christmas, thats cool too), let those who can drink and be merry do so. It will be great to have a Christmas with no regrets.
    Santa's first stop is in New Zealand!

af day Mon 24 Dec

Well folks..Christmas Eve it is.....and how are we all doing? Hang on in there...you are doing great.Just a coupla days and the madness will be over.Think the biggest thing for me is I havent stopped eating!!!Ahemm got to lose a few pounds now!!

Right, tea and coffee on the go ...even got cups with lids on for those rushing around in the last minute dash!

Morning Rabsy..you ok today?Whats Chrimbo got in store for you?Satarted thinking o your new year resolutions yet or is it too early?

Mornin TDN...and how are you today?Glad you got your present for your friend finished..you working today?Fingers crossed for you that you dont get a screamin bansee to look after today :H

Mornin Nurdl....your quote"Guess you could say RC and I are in bed together, lol."...no comment yer honour!!:H So how are you today?Any plans ? Chilli sounds good...do you like hot?

Evenin KY...it is 9.17 now in your place, so you are nearer the madness than all of us...so merry Chrimbo to you...hope you are doing ok matey....stick in ,dig deep..you are winning.

Mornin Lav...best of luck on your train cake!!!! One coffee to steady your nerves..Yep I had a dream last night...that the cooker broke, so nothing could be cooked...guess I will keep shtuum on that one!!!

Morning Cantoo...how are you? stay chilled..how old is your son?My daughter has just got a new phone..Latest I phone..she asked me last night if I would buy her a case for it..going into detail turns out she wants this case from America as the lady only does paypal...$25 plus $6 shipping!!!!Bet you cant guess what my answer was :H
    Stick with it Cantoo, dont let it get you down :l

Mornin PPQ...... exhausted but good..anything ot do with words on another thread?? f? :H
    seriously tho glad you are a bit better...remember number one!!!

Mornin Det...see we are back on the garlic....excellent my friend...keep it up

Right everyone..probably be jumping in and out throughout the day..but officially now..

I wish you all the best for the season,and that no matter what you enjoy yourselves,stay calm and if the little demon tries to persuade you to drink...just say no...we are all here with you

Just in case here are 10 excuses if you need them

No I am training to be a mormon

I am allergic to alcohol...every time I touch it I break out in handcuffs

I am allergic to alcohol...it makes my clothes fall off..

No thanks..I need to be in full control for picking pockets later

No thanks I am doing a robbery later and dont want to get a DUI

I cant really afford to..you see I just stole a new car.

No thanks gotta be up early tomorrow for shoplifting in the sales.

Cant really ..I am doing an investigation for television into how much drinking alcohol turns people into dickheads..have you been drinking??

No ta.. don't like mixing drink and drugs...Im stoned outta my box

No thanks I am on a buyback scheme...I am buying my life back..now fk off!!

Just saw that treetops had started the thread so added mine on
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Happy Christmas Eve to all!!

TT--glad you had a good trip and are on the way home! Sleeping next to the mini-bar? That was a good test--and you passed with flying colors Love the tinsel colored demon image. Will remember that.

Mick, how old is your daughter? Guess she thinks Daddy is an endless money bag, huh??? :H Like your reasons for not drinking. Training to be a Mormon--may use that one, although the handcuff thing is more appropos in my case:upset:

Only started with one little boy yesterday a.m. at church yesterday, as the "over 3" crowd had a sepcial activity planned. Mother brought him in and said she'd forgotten the DIAPER BAG in the car??!! Then looked over at the changing table. I think I smelled something right away, but ignored it. Almost a half hour into the service, another mom came in with a one year old girl. She had her diaper bag and a baby bottle. Told me the bottle was there if the child needed it. Hmmm. . .wondered ho I'd know that. Anyay, she was a seet little thing, and all was well. The mom of the little boy told me that he is thre, but not potty trained. OKAY. I have this duty again in three weeks, and I'll have a full crew then, I bet

Can, how old is your son? I hope the cracked window was a result of the cold hitting the warm air. And hope it orked out, but too bad you had to miss our hike. I managed a two mile walk, wearing my ear muffs and gloves, and it felt so good to be out and moving. I am going to try to get out more, as long as it isn't freezing or icy.

Work today until 2:00 or so, and we exchange gifts and have a litle lunch. The home and we have church later, which should be nice.

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

TDN...daughter is 21...going on 40!!!!!:H:H
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Merry Christmas one and all, tis 1am, still finishing off stuff here, and tomorrow my middle son is waking me with Christmas breakfast after finishing his first week at work in, errrr, mebbe four years.......and who says Santa is not real ?:H:H:H he even bought the food YAY

See Cantoo ......if you ignore it for six years it will get better!

Spent tonight home alone which was actually quite cool after VERY busy day. Houseful tomorrow ....... Hope the weather is good, was hot and humid then rained.

Welcome back Tree......you must be glad to be home

Well better crack on and then get some shut eye

Laters

KY

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Morning TT....put a smile on my face when I saw todays thread yesterday :H
            Glad you're home safe and sound and glad to hear what you stocked your bag with. lol

Mick;1431408 wrote: Think the biggest thing for me is I havent stopped eating!!!

Will this help keep you accountable?

Morning Mick
            ...thanks for the coffee. Nope no words on the other thread, don't need it.
            The kids went over to see their Dad and Granny and I stayed home and did what ever I wanted with no quilt attached. :yay:
            One more trip out to the shops today, hostess gift for my SIL whose doing the dinner tomorrow, and then I can :kissyface: Chrimbo goodbye for another year.
            I already have plans to have my own old fashioned Christmas at my home next year. Then I can post pics :H

Morning TDN
            ...don't work too hard today. My goal is to get more active as well. I think there's a 30 days of movement thread somewhere eh CanToo?

Will check back throughout the day but want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and have a great AF Monday all and all to come...PPQ

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Morning Tree, Mick, TDN and all yet to arrive.
              Thanks Mick for the travel cups this morning. Dashing out to yoga again. Reprising my Face Down Dog on Mat performance.
              Yes indeedy I do like it hot... chili that is. How about you RC? :H
              I'll also be in and out today (goodness - where is my mind wandering today). Loads to do to get ready for the big guy. lol ok, now I'm cracking myself up. :H:H:H
              Have a good one all.
              laters
              ~n
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

:hallo: KY...Xmas Breakfast in bed...how cool is that!

Get some rest, you're going to need it with your housefull.....PPQ

:hallo: Nurdl
                ..."I'll also be in and out today (goodness - where is my mind wandering today)" :H :H

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Tis all under control......the beauty of being sober

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Good morning Abbers & Merry Christmas Eve!

I have the whole crowd descending on me for dinner & gifts later, of course
                    I am extremely grateful to healthy & present for all the festivities & good memories!

I'm going to do myself a favor & run out to Curves this morning & get this day started off on the right foot

Wishing everyone a great AF Christmas Eve!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

CONGRATS ON 3 MONTHS 4 SURE
                      AKA HIPPYMAN

:yay: :happy: :danthin: :whee:

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Jumpin on quick before trying this hike thing again.

Kid's hand was ok, says he just put his hand on it after getting out of bed. And yes it's very cold here. (he's 17). KY - things would break, come off walls etc with the 20 year old :-(. The fix should be just the glass replacement and not a whole new window, but won't be done until it's warmer. It's all sealed up and warm.

I'll come back later to read your posts Better.

Merry x-mas KY and Tree and Lilly if you're out there.

PPQ watch those crazy shoppers. And the ones on the road too!

CT
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Merry Christmas Eve all, and a wonderful day to all who are not Christian!

I will be going to a party tonight where there will be booze, so I bought a bottle of AF Champagne for my own festivities. I'm sure I will be able to entertain myself with food if I get a craving. I went to an AA meeting today for a little added insurance.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

Hugs,
                          :l
                          YahYah
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

Really struggling, really low, really sad - supposed to be happy time of year, but this stinks.
                            Managed last Christmas and NY without drinking, why is this year so very hard?
                            Not wanting to be a downer, but oh my:upset::upset:
                            I have so much to be happy for, so much to be glad about but all i can think about is all that has gone wrong and want to crawl away - I need an attitude adjustment and don't know how to get one...:upset::upset:
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Mon 24 Dec

SL...come here :l:l:l...it is a happy time of year for you...dont dwell on the past..we all made screw ups along the way...dont ruin today dwelling on yesterday!! Stick with it..yes it is hard,but think positive,,,you have already said you have got it all....put youreslf in the place of those less fortunate there you are :moon:..kick attitude changed..dry your eyes and give us a smile...as we speak I am watching the snowman and snow dog... how old am I ????oh yes heres your Chrimbo pressie xx think positive not negative

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6795/images5ej.jpg

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7874/images6lh.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3314/images7vw.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X