The joys of an alcoholic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here goes, third time lucky that i can finally get hold of my drinking...finished my third detox last week and am on baclofen. Im fortunate in a way, from having everything i lost it all and 12 months ago i was living in hostels etc. Im now in my new, flat working again and in college and cannot afford to lose it again. I have three beautiful children and at 34 Im having to start again but im one of the lucky ones. I tried AA and two people I was close too died through alcohol so it wasnt for me, it just depressed me (though it works wonderfully well for many). Im so glad i found this site. No one understands a problem if they havent suffered it and we all need support, even stubborn people like me who think they can fix the world! Im not drinking at the mo, but dont feel very sober due to the tiredness cos of the bac, but it has fixed my racing brain for the time being. Its just a matter of thinking positive and continuing not drinking. Good luck to all!!!!!!!
    ?It's just a ride.?
    ― Bill Hicks

Hi Robbie...
    it's me again. And look... no *weapons!! :H
    Congrats on your 3rd day, that's 3 huge steps of your journey! You're very fortunate to have made this decision this early in life, so many of us chose to suffer many more years before we got our act together. I'm sure you feel like you're on shaky ground right now, but that is to be expected. Go check out the Newbie Nest... lots of great people & support there. They can be your rock when you feel like the feather.
    Stay committed & Stay Strong. You're going to make it this time!

*earlier today I thought I chased him out of chat with a buzzing chainsaw!
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Hi Robbie,

Just wanna wish you well
      Ive found this site (well the folk on it) to be an amazing source of strength and knowledge in my own battle against the bottle so far. Hope you find the same x

Comment

Thanks peeps, ive got too much to lose and so much to gain. Its not like my old sober life back, i want a new life and that means no booze.
        ?It's just a ride.?
        ― Bill Hicks

Comment

Working...
        X