i did it again today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did it again today

So, once again, i resoloved to stop drinking. I was on the tread mill thinking about how good i felt because i haven't had a drink in 3 whole days. then the freakin sun came out and i couldn't figure out why i shouldn't drink on such a nice day. the worst part is, i drank 2 bottles of wine over 6 hours. i didn't get drunk. i never really do. i hate it. i just always seem to have more reasons to drink than not to. I've been telling myself to stop for at least 2 or 3 years now, but i always seem to find a reason to start "tomorrow". I know i should but the biggest reason i want to quit is that i know my wife doesn;t like to kiss me when i taste boozy. AA won'[t work for me. i'm too high profile in my community and (i'm not a big believer) . Please tell me what has worked for you guys. I feel very isolated and out of my depth here. It seems that the biggest reason i keep on drinking is that it's just so much easier than not. any advice for a newby?

i did it again today

Hi Perry!! :welcome:

Good job on 3 days! :goodjob:

I, too, am struggling to get some good alcohol-free time under my belt. I wish I had some tips for you. The best tip I can offer is to come over to the Newbie's Nest. Everyone is very warm and can give you some great support and advice.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

i did it again today

Hi Perry and :welcome: to MWO.

Don't wait until drinking becomes harder than stopping......by then a lot of damage will have been done to your body and quitting will be harder.

I used to quit EVERY morning for 23 years and could only manage 2 or 3 nights. When I gathered the courage to make a week it got easier and easier. Now I am six months sober and would never go back.

Comment

i did it again today

Hi Perry & so glad you found us.

This site is the absolute best place to get out from underneath AL. It s not easy by any means but the support, wisdom and experience of the people here is world wide, literally and e best I've ever seen. I still struggle but there's simply no doubt I am light years from where I started last May.

I have the links to the tool box and the Newbie Nest. Both excellent places to start...

Read, read, read!!! Most important. Can't emphasis that enough.

Welcome aboard.

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

i did it again today

google AVRT bullets. That flipped the switch for me. I was at the point of no return, or so I thought. I was developing tunnel vision of there only being one way out & that was death.

Comment

Working...
          X