Photobucket Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photobucket Issues?

Is anyone other than myself having problematic issues with photobucket? Here is what I'm experiencing:

When I upload photos from device(s) to PB they are immediately imbedded with ads (adware) from photobucket. I have sent this issue to them for explanation but have not received a response. I won't hold my breath.

When I copy a photo from photobucket to a post on MWO the adware is transferred. I need to know if anyone is seeing any adware anywhere on the MWO site where images are included? It should appear somewhere in the body of the image ONLY!

When I need to edit a post with an existing transferred image to correct a typo, place additional text, etc. often times the corrections revert back upon saving. This is extremely annoying as I often have to correct typos :H

I will continue to try and find a resolution or workaround to this but I think I just may bypass photobucket for image transfer going forward. Your feedback will help. Thanks.
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Photobucket Issues?

It's been working for me now but I've had the same issues as you are having, in the past. I have no idea why they started but in a few days it was OK again? Sorry I can't be more help.
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Photobucket Issues?

Testing:

OK I will text edit now and see what happens.
      So far no adware.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Photobucket Issues?

Thanks Bridge. I can NOT rule out that it may be coming from my PC. However, I cannot find any trace of virus, malware, or adware !
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Photobucket Issues?

techie;1473618 wrote: Thanks Bridge. I can NOT rule out that it may be coming from my PC. However, I cannot find any trace of virus, malware, or adware !
          It's a brand new Mac isn't it?
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Photobucket Issues?

byebyebridgetjones;1473624 wrote: It's a brand new Mac isn't it?
            Yes it is. I'm not seeing it now in the recent post I entered. I do upload from other devices so I need to check for any potential security issues there. I use Emma's windows laptop on occasion, Ipad, her Kindle Fire, and my Nook HD.

Comment

Photobucket Issues?

Techie, do you have Ad Block installed on your computers? You can get it for mac or PC, though I had to upgrade to Google Chrome to get it on my PC. Also, what virus protection do you use? I never had a Mac, but I heard you don't need virus protection - don't know if that's true though.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Photobucket Issues?

Hippyman;1473603 wrote: It's been working for me now but I've had the same issues as you are having, in the past. I have no idea why they started but in a few days it was OK again? Sorry I can't be more help.
                Thanks. I'm not seeing it now. Well since I sent a message to site admins. I don't think its client related !

Comment

Photobucket Issues?

Siren136;1473636 wrote: Techie, do you have Ad Block installed on your computers? You can get it for mac or PC, though I had to upgrade to Google Chrome to get it on my PC. Also, what virus protection do you use? I never had a Mac, but I heard you don't need virus protection - don't know if that's true though.
                  Siren I do have Ad Block. I'm using Norton Internet Security for Mac. I'm not seeing it now so it's clearly intermittent. I think it's a server related anomaly that hopefully is fully corrected !

Comment

Working...
                  X