I Believe In Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Believe In Jesus

Hi there. I know many people out there are atheists, and many think that believing in Jesus and Christianity is a fairytale and a crunch for adults who are stupid and weak.

But i have no doubt in my mind these days that The bible explains the Truth about God and that Jesus is exactly who He says He is.

My doubts were removed due to the fact that i in the last three years as a believer, i have used the name of Jesus to do many amazing things. Things that many would not believe.

I am not a militant Christian, who damns everyone who doesn't believe to hell either. I have respect for what you believe. I myself was a militant atheist just over 3 years ago.

The other reason i believe in Jesus, is because i have experienced Demons, and have seem possessed people be set free by casting out those said demons in the name of Jesus.

Now i know many don't believe in Demonic possession, but i have dealt with it first hand, and when you see if, you cannot deny the reality of it.

The name of Jesus does have power and that is why i believe.
    I have seen that power at work.

:thanks:
    The mindset of an addict is trenchant in its very nature

I Believe In Jesus

Hi chiller

I have had some similar experiences with weird stuff like demons. Hard to talk about because people always assume I am mentally ill hahaha! Well done for your bravery here! X

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

CHILLER,
      i trust Christ, i used to think that only stupid people claimed to trust Him.

many people have no idea what He did to pay the penalty for sin. Sin, by the way is a anywhere to "little white lie" - like telling someone you like their dress, to planned murder, to bold faced lieing to swearing in God's name when you aren't really calling on Him.

The swear really buggs me is when a confirmed athiest states, "O My God", or "Jesus Christ", or " Thank God For Friday", or "God Dammn it".....My athiest family is all into that. They don't trust Christ but "Swear by Him" It makes no sence!!!!!!!! They were mocking buy recanting accounts of "OMG, this and OMG that" and all I could say is "God doesn't like that". And Plus they blame everything on God. Good Grief, if there is no God, why do athiests blame God for stuff. HELLO.

-S-

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

thelaststraw;1518861 wrote: CHILLER,
        i trust Christ, i used to think that only stupid people claimed to trust Him.

many people have no idea what He did to pay the penalty for sin. Sin, by the way is a anywhere to "little white lie" - like telling someone you like their dress, to planned murder, to bold faced lieing to swearing in God's name when you aren't really calling on Him.

The swear really buggs me is when a confirmed athiest states, "O My God", or "Jesus Christ", or " Thank God For Friday", or "God Dammn it".....My athiest family is all into that. They don't trust Christ but "Swear by Him" It makes no sence!!!!!!!! They were mocking buy recanting accounts of "OMG, this and OMG that" and all I could say is "God doesn't like that". And Plus they blame everything on God. Good Grief, if there is no God, why do athiests blame God for stuff. HELLO.

-S-
        Atheists DONT blame god for anything, only dumbarses would do so!

They are YOUR family Last straw, intelligence is inherited, so go figure ! :H:H

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Thanks for Posting. I am a Christian, but the reason for my post is the fact if someone is truly an Atheist they do not believe in God or any deity. So if they are Thanking God or taking the Lords name in vain....then they are just saying it from habit or they are not truly an Atheist !
          Persistence and Failure do not live in the same room !

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

yep GOFIG07

thanks.

-S-

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

kuya;1518947 wrote: Atheists DONT blame god for anything, only dumbarses would do so!

They are YOUR family Last straw, intelligence is inherited, so go figure ! :H:H
              Oh Kuya! You went there!
              :l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

yes KUYA you went there.

I wonder how MANY people QUIT mwo because of YOU. HERE is another one.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

thelaststraw;1519037 wrote: yes KUYA you went there.

TLS
                  Please don't leave on acct of servants of darkness. Any 50 something carrying on in this manner clearly needs a hug. Do what i do to it. IGNORE.
                  Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

thelaststraw;1519037 wrote: yes KUYA you went there.

Firstly Last Straw, you make comments about atheists that are a bunch of nonsense, now you want to spit the dummy because I called you out on it.

When I started a thread in this section stating the reasons for my atheism I was lambasted for 21 PAGES
                    The thread was closed due to folk getting personal about others drinking.

I had been on this forum for a few weeks and didnt realise how it worked, honestly thought it was an area that had to be sought rather than being in everyone's face.

You make stupid statements which I, rightly, mock and now you want to blame ME for leaving ???? PLEEEZZZZZ

Surely with the power of the fecking almighty on your side you can take a little mocking? After all didnt the all-seeing, all-knowing god lead you here to MWO and guide your every action?

And lastly, this is a forum for alcohol recovery NOT a religious debating society, but while the 'what we believe' section exists, if people spout religion I will spout atheism. My beliefs are JUST as valid as yours.......END OF !

And Lizker......I don't know what BS response you may have made .......cos you are still on ignore :H:H:H

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

kuya;1519121 wrote: Firstly Last Straw, you make comments about atheists that are a bunch of nonsense, now you want to spit the dummy because I called you out on it.

You were doing so well Kuya. Even deleted posts. This isn't about you!

I'm annoyed, plus been in a foul mood, even panic anxiety bad... Now this piccie at photo bucket. Now they all sites make you get an account for security. Have one, but too lazy to go find password. Can't C&P had to manually figure out & type the code for your image. Damn't the user deleted the image. It was a cartoon of two babies in diapers with pacifiers. "I'm On The Pacifier Patch" LMAO Perfect for you! Hahahah OK, feck me to. Well, bunch of us. Christians, atheists, etc...

When I started a thread in this section stating the reasons for my atheism I was lambasted for 21 PAGES
                      The thread was closed due to folk getting personal about others drinking.

That's not why Kuya! But, all your feelings are valid hun!!!!

I had been on this forum for a few weeks and didnt realise how it worked, honestly thought it was an area that had to be sought rather than being in everyone's face.

I think you are quite intelligent. In fact this sometimes is our problem in life. We are to damn smart! Using our brains energy fields... There is grrt power & energy emanating. The heart is by far more powerful!!!.. It's electro field energy from the heart is stronger!!! See what science is saying. OK I believe you anyhow.

You make stupid statements which I, rightly, mock and now you want to blame ME for leaving ???? PLEEEZZZZZ

Now that's not very nice Kay. But, even if you think there stupid, couldn't you just play nice? I mean we all make them, not that I think this poster did. Now you & me that's diff. Just kidding friend. Out of emotocons. Ah feck. Yes, God knows I cuss & it helps me sometimes. He still loves me! )

Now I suggested to one of your mentors here when she was getting very annoyed with another part of this site, that she might want to stop reading over there. That it was causing her to become frustrated, maybe even pizzed.. She had no control over others. I asked her to observe her own mentors behavior & to check her motives. Looks like she honored herself & others. Things have turned out better for all.

Besides not sure why you want to give atheists a bad rap. I mean there are plenty of christians out there who give christians a bad rap to, imo. Just let people be.... Why all this chasing others Kay? I mean you get pizzed at that prego woman, the lady who's terminally ill? Your are far to beautiful for all this woman!!!....

I imagine you have some deep pain & unresolved anger... I do still to. I mean I like many things about you, think you have contributed excellent help here at MWO. Funny ta boot... In fact I think about you outside of here. I saw part of a movie not long a go. I girl about 10 or 11 & wild horse shows up. Well maybe it joined a group ( was never really wild.) Dad lets her keep it. She trains for the ring. She falls, well you can see what happens. I fell asleep. Anyway, I wished I had a big sister who was smart like you Kay. I know you are a sweetheart, you aren't feckin fooling me.

Now get yourself Bf, Gf go horse backriding. Find a HP. Doesn't have to be mine... Feck, those 12 steps would help you. Or a few of them. I mean you can adapt them around. What about that counseling you talked about. I know the damn $$$.... What about partnering your business with someone? Gawd your a grrt Mom. We are alike in many ways. I even thought about being a vet tech once. Somebody told me I was to stupid. Feck that shite...
                      What a lie..

Surely with the power of the fecking almighty on your side you can take a little mocking? After all didnt the all-seeing, all-knowing god lead you here to MWO and guide your every action?

Stop that & "Grow The Fuck Up" Quit it Kay... Plzz...You are above this Kay. "Live & Let Live".

And lastly, this is a forum for alcohol recovery NOT a religious debating society, but while the 'what we believe' section exists, if people spout religion I will spout atheism. My beliefs are JUST as valid as yours.......END OF !

No body is picking on you. No body is bullying you. No body here is sand blasting your beliefs hun. No body is going to hurt you. You won't be rejected nor abandoned. I guess you don't get that your hurting people, cause you yourself have been hurt. Still feel pain... Current stress, ~ worries. Brain can drag many files, memories fwd... Behavior, reactions, associations. You know all this... Find the willingness to change what you can control... You'll be happier, your kids will be happier... Your customers will happier....

I love you Kuya! Hugs

PS. Hug a tree near the water.... Feel the gentle breeze or the wind. Open your heart Chakra...

Namaste

And Lizker......I don't know what BS response you may have made .......cos you are still on ignore :H:H
                      xo

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

WF ..... with all due respect WTF are you on about?

You are TRULY missing the point. It would appear that members can come here and state that others, not of their belief, are 'agents of satan' etc yet when I stated my beliefs I am attacked again and again.

TBH Wildflowers you were a key figure in closing that thread, yet now you tell ME to live and let live??? REALLY ?????

You do not even have the good grace to apologise, only patronise. Double standards or what ????

And FYI I HAVE a higher power......it is called THE TRUTH.

The atheism thread was closed without any explanation to me( how BLOODY rude!!!!) and regardless of your assumptions I did NOT know that it would be in people's faces, so please do not call me a liar. People who read it can see what transpired at the end, and reach their own conclusion about the exchange that ended it.

Regardless, I stuck with MWO because I needed to get sober, and have done so.

I have some valued friends here, most WITH religious belief, but I can stay in touch with them outside of MWO. I have paid it forward enough I believe.

So to you and the likes of Lizker, Last Straw et al, feel free to use an alcohol recovery site as a platform for espousing YOUR beliefs. Anyone who sets up a 'comfort zone' for those who disagree will be shut down and censored.

How VERY christian !!

I have copied below one of my last posts on the atheism thread....it stands as true today as it did nearly a year ago and is a fitting way to conclude my time here.

[Quote]
                        I would not dream of going onto the Catholic thread and debating their faith. Yet you so called 'people of faith' come on this thread, vomiting your beliefs, and expect me to just sit and take it. I said I did not want a debate, and yet it has become one... So be it. If in debating your feelings are hurt that is your own fault , not mine.

This is the 'what we believe forum'. I believe there is no personal god.

One has to question how deep your faith is to be so threatened by the opinion of one person. Your behaviours just strengthen mine!

I also believe that it is not necessary to have a belief in a personal god or higher power to overcome alcoholism, in fact, from what I am seeing, it would appear to be a hindrance.

Below is an extract from the synopsis of Roberta Jewell's book, you remember who she is, don't you? The founder of MWO! Note the statement ......" If you are uncomfortable attending 12 STEP MEETINGS, YOU NEED NOT DO SO

Please note the SPECIFIC reference to AA. (NOT Smart or any other secular recovery group).

Yet when I reiterate this on my own thread I am vilified and called names.

[Quote]
                        The Book that Started a Recovery Revolution... as seen in Newsweek Magazine, the Wall Street Journal and wired.com!
                        Learn how your cravings can be curbed quickly and easily in the privacy of your own home--and why a multi-faceted approach is extraordinarily more effective than a single-therapy solution. If you're uncomfortable attending 12 step meetings, you need not do so. In fact, you'll probably want to visit our message board where you can enjoy connecting with others who are involved with the My Way Out Program. [Quote]

I look forward to any further CONSIDERED input on this matter. People like Pink Angel and WILDFLOWERS actually NEED to be ignored. They are an embarassment to their religions. [Quote]

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Team Jesus anyday! He don't send you on rampage, looking for total strangers to loose your mind over. His peace reigns. The looser team has its agents desperately trying to undo what the Lord has sealed. Its never too late for anyone to.switch teams. Jesus stands ready to forgive anyone
                          Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

And Lizker.......whatever nonsense you have just written will only add fuel to my argument that you are mainly on MWO because it allows you to spew your religion over everyone.

This is an alcohol recovery forum........if you are happily sober then go be a good Christian and actually HELP people FFS!

By your DEEDS you shall be known and so far you are NOT very christian, are you?

Check it out, folks, out of maybe 150 posts Lizker has almost solely focused on using this place as a religious platform.

THAT is MY higher power, which is why it is in my signature..............the TRUTH is verifiable, not a bunch of hocus pocus beliefs.

See y'all

KUYA

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

I was all over the website today, looking for inspiration anywhere I could find it. Unfortunately, this was not the kind of discourse I have come to expect of MWO contributors. Sending thoughts of peace and strength to all of you.
                              Free at Last
                              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                              X