Be wary of the devils schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My roommate who doesn't drink decided to bring a liter bottle of rum home as a "souvenir" a friend of his gave him from another country he had visited.
    You can't imagine the shock of waking up to find a bottle of liquor sitting on the dining rm table. He knows what iam going thro and decided to do it anyway. Upon confronting him for it,he justified it as its not the type of liquor i drink. I drank Vodka and beer but liquor is liquor to me The bottle is still sitting on his dresser table untouched. By the power of the Holy Spirit i have no urge to drink it. Its been two weeks. Today he made a comment indicating that he may be leaving. I didn't ask him to leave even though i thought about.
    Satan will use anyone or anything to try to get me back in the abbys. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Devil is a tricky little person, huh?

-S-

Comment

thelaststraw;1520097 wrote: Devil is a tricky little person, huh?

-S-
      Yes indeed! Ironically i rented the room out to him because he doesn't drink.
      Great to see you back posting. That sister will be in my prayers. I hope that God, in his mercy will open her eyes
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

People who aren't us don't seem to get it. I just arranged to give away my liquor cabinet. My husband will balk because he likes a kahlua once in a while. He can hide it if he really wants to keep it but I know he won't drink it because he won't drink alone and I am hoping he won't drink around me. I don't like kahlua but I've been known to reach for it after the wine is gone. Good on you for not caving in.
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

wow JUNE

good job not liking the Kah

wow what else?

Comment

wow Liz.....what else? Both you people - write back fellow believers.

hopefully no one will jack us around

-S-

Comment

lizker;1520277 wrote: Yes indeed! Ironically i rented the room out to him because he doesn't drink.
              Great to see you back posting. That sister will be in my prayers. I hope that God, in his mercy will open her eyes
              yep

Comment

God's mercy is unlimited

Comment

Only a higher power can help gain true serenity.he/she/it can give you the peace that transcends understanding and a peace that the world can't give or the world can't take away.i am an avid 12 stepper who also takes 100mg baclofen.i know it's giulding the Lilly somewhat but it increases my cognitive function to increase my insight.im now 14 months sober and clean and attend 4 AA meetings a week.i am a retired family doctor from the north of England who was in addiction for 25 years

Comment

Working...
                  X