I believe god is watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe god is watching all of the pain and sorrow we suffer. His heart is heavy as we struggle with so many thoughts and actions that lead us away from him. He knows when we started to drink to escape our pain, he knows why we chose to pick up the glass time and again, he knows our pain. I believe god knows when we are lost and I believe he cares.

I believe there is a way for all of us to get out of the trap Al has us in. For me it began by letting go of the struggle and without tension or stress simply beginning to make better choices. I am sure God is in the background, curious to see what choices I make, but he wants to stay back so that when I make a good choice I feel my self confidence and maturity growing.

God is love, he loves me and you, he wants us to discover the best life has to offer. The joy of helping others, the beauty of music, the peacefulness of nature and the gentleness of animals who sense every sound and movement. Life is in the stillness, but first we must be still and learn to observe what is all around us. I have discovered landscape photography, and what I see captured by the cameras lens is truly magnificent. Like trapping beauty, diamonds, rays of sunlight that make my world a wonder.

I believe we need each other, and I am grateful for this place and all of you. I encourage you to look for the good that is around you and it will slowly grow until you have no words to express its joy in your life. Life is worth living.

God bless you
    Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Greatl post. God bless you too Hazeleyes
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

I'm with you HAZELEYES.

-S- :l

Comment

First time here but want to believe what you say I have always been faith filled but not so much faith ful of late , taken a detour. Trying to stop drinking, but so distrusting of privacy. Not from my family. But for my family. Everything becomes to public with in our society now. The age of internet connection. Thank you hope I find some peace here.

Comment

Love this post!!!!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Re: I believe god is watching

9 years ago I posted this and I can say God has kept me safe all this time.

I don’t drink anymore, it’s been almost 3 years and in the end it was easier than I thought to quit. It took knowledge and an understanding that the Government, the Media, Liquor Companies ALL LIE. There is no, none, nothing, absolutely zilch benefit to drinking. It is all a big lie. Once I saw how they have constructed the lie and the truth was revealed I was no longer held it’s it’s trap. It’s not will power that will set you free…it’s knowledge and an awakening to the truth. All of you caught in this trap…my heart aches for you. I was right there for almost 20 years, getting worse and worse, trying so hard to quit. I do not judge you, I love you and I hope you also find the truth and the chains are broken for you.

Let me say it again…there is nothing, nothing, absolutely no single benefit to alcohol. It is a manufactured poison. Every last drop!

God bless you and May you see the truth
            Kia Kaha (Be strong)
            Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Re: I believe god is watching

It is nice to hear this from someone with long term sobriety. Thank you, [MENTION=12435]hazeleyes[/MENTION]!
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
              X