July Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Mod Squad

Well, my friends! Here we go on another month! Yippee! Good luck to all of us as we stick to our goals of moderating.

Lasha, that is good news about your wife. I hope that between the two of you, you are both able to be strong. She is lucky to have you - and I know you can't wait to have your real life, real wife back home where she belongs. Your little dog sounds like good company, but not enough, is it?

Our weekend at the lake was good. Hard work, followed by good company. All is well. This coming week is supposed to be a real heat-wave... triple digits all week. Yuck. Hope the forest fires stay away.

Holiday week here in the states. Stay safe, everyone. Stay strong.
    :h :l :h :l :h :l

July Mod Squad

hi NNG and thanks for starting the thread.

lasha that's great news that your wife will be home soon! and I hope things get better for her and she can stay on track with her medication. this whole thing must have been really hard I'll bet.

I had a count up of my sober days last month and I got 20 in all up which kind of blew my mind. So Im starting out the month sober, no real plans on where it will go but I am getting a lot more done lately so that's a big part of my motivation.

good luck everyone for a moderate month!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Glad to say back home although it was a great time with family. 12 days is a long time. First trip back north where I have not caught a cold. Yay! Friends who picked us up from airport told us it's been very rainy here, as in 4 or 5 inches/day. Email came out yesterday they shut down the golf course. Better than the horrible heat and fires out west.

DG, I am so impressed with your 20 days! 2/3 of month completely sober. Good for you!

NNG - any plans for the 4th? We went to huge house party last year, on the river looking out at Gulf of Mexico, great view. Lots of booze, a band, fireworks. Last year we were not drinking. This year we plan to - moderately, as it's a good 1/2 hour away.

Off to go to Fitness Center. Feel thick although I tried to walk everyday. Last 2 times out grandson came along so it was more looking for and trying to catch frogs than actual exercise :.)

Here's to a great July!

TMH
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hiya, TMH! Our plans on the 4th will be very quiet. We'll go to our non-drinking friends' house, grill some burgers, and then come home for a quiet walk in the park if it isn't too hot. We are not big fans of crowds or loud bangs, so won't join the community fireworks celebration.... This weekend we are staying at home, as we are attending a wedding (actually on our own anniversary! Fun!) I am planning just two days of two (max) glasses of wine over the long weekend.

DG, good for you for the 20 days in June. Together, we can do this thing, yes?

I've got a half-marathon on the 14th... I hope this heat breaks before then. Even though we will start at 6 in the morning, it'll be hot by the time this slow girl finishes. In races, as in our moderating goals, as in life itself, step by step in the right direction will get us there. Good luck, my friends.

Have I told you lately how much I appreciate being able to come here and touch base with you all? Knowing that there are others out there like me who are on this same path keeps me honest.

Comment

July Mod Squad

tmh, why would you catch a cold?? its summer here! sounds like you have made a lot of progress in a year! and me, today is Day 8, and not even feeling deprived!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi Lila! Not a good traveler so sure stress contributes. Yes, it felt like summer both in midwest and Canada, unlike 2 yrs ago when we froze our bums off. Plus I had no less than 4 jackets, hoodies with me. Used 2 on plane on way home as wore capris so needed one for the legs. Why do they keep those planes so bloody cold! Good job on Day 8. Do you feel marvelous?

NNG - so envy you on the half marathon. Do you feel well trained? Wonder if I can ever get in good enough shape to actually run a race again. My dd wants to come down to FL and run this 8K they put on in our development in October. Past 2 yrs I tried training but something always seemed to get in the way. Yest I used elliptical for 20 min, walked inclines on treadmill for 2 miles, then did Nautilus wts. This a.m. was out the door bright & early and ran/walked 2 miles, then did floor section of a tape. Am playing golf this afternoon.

Happy 4th of July!

TMH
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July Mod Squad

HI, everyone! Happy Fourth of July, where ever you are! And happy Independence Day to all the Americans.

TMH, the way I have finally found real enjoyment in doing the longer (for me) distances is with the Galloway Method. He encourages a run/walk/run system that seems to be just perfect. One of my favorite books of his is "Run Til You're 100!" which might just be possible using his plan. Another favorite running author is John "the Penguin" Bingham, and he has a bunch of great books. My two favorites of his are "Marathoning for Mortals" and "No Need for Speed." I can highly recommend these books for anyone who wants to be active... whether or not one has a history of physical activity. I started out as a complete couch-potato (which is my natural state, I am afraid) and now am down 70 pounds, and really enjoy having a sensible physical plan. As I am certainly a woman of a certain age, as they say, it makes sense for me to be thoughtful in my workouts.

Happy Thursday, everyone! :h

Comment

July Mod Squad

I enjoy biking. Running sounds so...rough. Feet on hard pavement...
                NNG, down seventy pounds? Yikes, that is really impressive.
                Today is another no drinking day. So it's been nine or ten days, except I had 1 and 1/2 beers at a 4th of July BBQ. This really is a record for me, I have been heavy drinking for almost a decade. I don't know what's gotten into me, but I am just not into it! (again thanks Nancy for mentioning The Heart of Addiction. It really spoke to me.
                I just got back from the hardware store. I LOVE being able to drive at night!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Happy Fourth everyone! It's been awhile. Well, unfortunately I did not mod for the fourth. Nothing bad happened to me, I was with family, and my behavior was fine. It was just waking up the next morning with the depression and anxiety. My parents did tell me that it looked like I drank a lot, not because of my actions, just what they saw in my hands. I told them, " yeah, that was weird, this is a tell take sign that something is bothering me."

We have a boat and keep it in a great marina, with great, fun, people, fAmilies, etc., and our particular dock, which is the "big boat" dock, likes to be real social, I guess it's kind of like a clique, we have our own cook out, bar area which we went overboard on. My boat neighbor is one of the ring leaders and an awesome guy, and a ton of fun, he's wife is a saint. Anyway, we have these big over the top cookouts, I mean way over the top, we make too much food, my mom even made a ton of pizzas one night and of course we have a TON of booze.

Day one I drank over my mod limit, but nothing crazy. One of the biggest problems in boating is people don't reALize how early they start, I am guilty of this as well, it's also easy to want to start eArly - sun, water, etc. second day, I had an 8 mile training run the following day, that was pizza day, the fourth actually wasn't too bad either, last night was a blow out.

My fellow boat neighbors love to drink, especially the guy next to us, the fun one I mentioned, and it is easy to get caught up with them. I've been noticing this happen a lot with me lately, I've been going over my four limit quite a bit at times. I think I figured it out, I think I'm just in a real lonely place right now.

I just realized I probably vetted too much...sorry all. I'm going to get a good night sleep and drive back home in the morning.

J.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Pome

Prisoners Of Mother England.

Always wondered what that went, after a couple of months in Stralia mate then I realised, we're the bloody prisoners of rain.

Heat wave at the moment and Murray's won Wimbledon but I'm still home alone.

It's been 3 weeks since my wife went into hospital and I've decided I'm not going to sit in this house and feel sorry for myself anymore. Went out last night, had copious amounts of alcohol and this morning am waiting for the depression but it's not there, is that a sign?

Right, be positive, cut back on the booze, one night wont hurt but that's enough. Walk dog, cut grass, clean house, keep busy. Going up to Shetland Isles on Saturday to see family and sort out my GH, everyone's looking forward to seeing me so I think it will cheer me up.

Lash
                    It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hiya, Lasha!
                      Sending you strong thoughts that you get through it all okay. Any word on how long it will be until you get your wife home? And you are right, one night isn't a bad thing... just keep on keeping on and it will be fine. Give your dog a pat on the head for me. ---- OH, wow, do I envy the chance to go to the Shetlands! If I ever get to the British Isles again, that will be one place on the list, for sure.

I also did not stick to my goals for the weekend. But I have to say I enjoyed each glass and didn't go too crazy. It was just a very pleasant and sweet anniversary weekend for us, and all is well this morning.

Happy week to us all!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi all,
                        Lash, I can't even imagine, it must be so lonely and frustrating. But hopeful, too?
                        Stewarts, I know, the earlier you start the more consumed. And so easy to do out in the sun.
                        NNG, so glad you enjoyed yourself!
                        For me, in the last 14 days, I have had a total of 2.5 drinks. I am really feeling good about that. There's so much more day!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi Noname girl,
                          What's the point in talking to a computer, get your arse on a plane, I've got a cousin in NY and he kisses the runway when he arrives.
                          Look up Eddlewood guest house on Google.
                          It's free for you and thanks for listening.
                          Lash the bash.
                          It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hey, Lash, careful what you say... I might take you up on it some day! Good luck getting through your week. And have lots of fun in the Shetlands! And I am going to google the guest house.

Lila... wow! Are you ever doing beautifully! I'm working towards that goal this next couple weeks, as well, as I've got a couple races coming up this weekend. You will be my role model.

Happy Tuesday to everyone. You folks are my support. Love ya!:h

Comment

July Mod Squad

Thanks, NNG, I guess I really need to brag about this!

Comment

Working...
                              X