For the duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the duck

"If there's one veggie that every nutritionist across the country eats and recommends, it's kale. That's because the leafy green is so nutrient-dense. It's loaded with vitamins K, A, and C, fiber, and calcium. And it's packed with so many cancer-preventative antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. My favorite way to eat more is making kale chips, a total party favorite and kid pleaser. Just rip up the kale, massage a little olive oil into the leaves, and bake at 375?F for 10 to 15 minutes. They're as good as potato chips!" ?Carolyn Brown
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

For the duck

Thanks Kitty- I just saw this! I have been buying kale chips with nutritional yeast which makes them taste like nacho cheese kale. Good stuff!

I also read that some are putting raw marijuana leaves in their smoothies for the health punch. More to read about that!

Comment

For the duck

Hm raw marijuana leaves might pack a punch alright LOL
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

For the duck

I have a huge whack of kale in my garden and am on the first week of a two week vacation with tons of company so we shall be eating lots of kale chips. How about 350 F? Is that a good temp?
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

For the duck

Kale chips are great - my favorite is to toss them with finely chopped red bell peppers, scallions, garlic, sunflower seeds, cashews (or a nut of your choice), and a little hummus. Also, I use a low-temp dehydrator. I've gotten into the raw foods thing and supposedly anything cooked at over 118 degrees degrades the nutritional quality of veggies.

I used to buy these at Whole Foods (an American organic grocery chain), but at $7.99 a pop US, I figured why not invest in my own equipment and make them on my own.
          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

For the duck

Oh thank God.....Your not talking about eating ducks ! Ha! Yes by all means ....eat veggies....please ! ha! (Howard the Duck)
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
            X