I'm an Evolutionist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an Evolutionist

I was researching the connecting between sugar and alcoholism and found this website. As was looking it over I was delighted to find a forum named, What We Believe, so here I am. I was raised a Catholic, altar and Catholic school till the 7th grade, and it was just down right ugly. We kids at a young age were subjected to flat out brutal treatment and will never go back and I am 59 years old now. As a teenager I became a devout atheist and rather enjoyed torturing christian. It would have been jew's, muslim's, hindu's, and whatever else there was except there were none in the southern bible belt. After about 10 or so years of that and being a big reader of anything science, history and religion to, I admitted to myself that I couldn't prove there wasn't a creator god so I converted to agnosticsm. That was okay for many many years and my none formal education continued and read extensively about evolution and it makes much more sense that creating to explain the world we live in. So now I call myself an evolutionist. My question to begin with is, why would a creator god create living creatures that have to eat each other to live. It doesn't make sense. I welcome everybodys comments. :new:
    Success is making yourself do the thing you need to do, when you need to do it, whether you like it or not.
    If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

I'm an Evolutionist

So - do you drink ?????
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

Sunshinedaisies, no I dont drink been 3 years now, 1 year 10 months no cocaine, and 1 year 1 month no cigarettes. Also I have cut back eating snikers, drinking coca cola, anything with sugar. Drastically cut back coffee to.
      Success is making yourself do the thing you need to do, when you need to do it, whether you like it or not.

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

So.... why are you here?
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

What kind of question is that?

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

What didn't you understand?

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

OK, why did you ask me that question? I suppose I'm here for support and give support. I was impressed there was a forum that asked what we believe and I described somewhat what I believed and am interested in discussion about it.

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

Okay - sounds good to me......

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

I have PM'd you.......

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

Evolutionist.....hum !?! So how far up the Evolutionary trail are you.........Loose your tail yet !?! Walking up right !?! Ha!
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

Raven, just so you'll know. In nature there are 100 naturally occuring amino acids. All life forms from germs to you use the same 20 amino acids to build their proteins into structures that build bodies. Don't you find that fastinating? Oh, and I still have one foot in the cave.

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

I sure wish there were a "like" button here.......LOL.....You guys are still a hoot!:H
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

Does't matter how far you go back...........where did them amino acids come from ? If you come back with an answer...........well who or what created that? What ever you come back with, someone created it...it didn't show up out of know where. Go back to the "Big Bang", someone created that. I believe a higher power was involved.
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

LIKE IAD!
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

You got any evidence that this creator god exist. As a matter of fact, could you get your creator god to post on my thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X