Day 19 , my thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 19 , my thoughts

19 days af,Friday morning , start of a long weekend , strongly considering drinking , came on here on my lunchbreak , read the tool box (page24 from faithful , thank you ) and now i am feeling good about staying af "tonight" , have commited to a run with a friend and bring my son to see a football match . For me , this is how powerful this site is , along with my running and fitness......for that , i thank everyone here ,
    Damo in Dublin
    Enjoy your weekend all xx
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

Day 19 , my thoughts

damo180;1539197 wrote: 19 days af,Friday morning , start of a long weekend , strongly considering drinking , came on here on my lunchbreak , read the tool box (page24 from faithful , thank you ) and now i am feeling good about staying af "tonight" , have commited to a run with a friend and bring my son to see a football match . For me , this is how powerful this site is , along with my running and fitness......for that , i thank everyone here ,
    Damo in Dublin
    Damo, I remember you from a while back, it's good to see you. I'm glad to hear the toolbox distracted you from drinking today, that's why it's called the toolbox! :P

Taking your son to the footie will be far more satisfying than getting wasted ever could be. Good on ye Damo
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Day 19 , my thoughts

Damo, it sounds like you have a good plan to draw on and time spent with your family is always time well spent. Take that from one who missed out a lot on his kids growing up. Let us know how things go.
      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Day 19 , my thoughts

damo180;1539197 wrote: 19 days af,Friday morning , start of a long weekend , strongly considering drinking , came on here on my lunchbreak , read the tool box (page24 from faithful , thank you ) and now i am feeling good about staying af "tonight" , have commited to a run with a friend and bring my son to see a football match . For me , this is how powerful this site is , along with my running and fitness......for that , i thank everyone here ,
        Damo in Dublin
        :goodjob: Damo

Keep up the good work

You wont regret not drinking when Monday comes round

Comment

Day 19 , my thoughts

Good plan Damo!

Stay busy...each battle you win against alcohol makes you stronger. You can do this!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 19 , my thoughts

Damo, fantastic :goodjob:
            Success is making yourself do the thing you need to do, when you need to do it, whether you like it or not.
            If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

Comment

Day 19 , my thoughts

Sometimes one small victory can turn the tide in a war this huge. Keep it up.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
              X