Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AF home with a husband that's a social drinker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had over 60 bottles of wine that I gave away just a few weeks ago. But there are a few lingering dessert wines and other things that I have never touched. I am a white wine or vodka drinker. Do I really need to toss them? I would hate to dump bottles...some of which were not cheap.

My husband will never touch these things in a million years and we hardly entertain. Why do I want to keep them?

I have had alcohol in my home the entire time since I've quit. But that is what works for me. It wouldn't work for others, and if I knew that it would be a problem for me it would be gone. Only you can decided if you can honesty live with it and not be tempted.

Comment

Alcohol in my home is a given. We have tons of beer and spirits. Red Wine is what tempts me but when I am on an abstinence roll, red wine can be around and I don't touch it. Depends on your mindset. You know yourself more than we do. I know when I don't drink, having booze in the house is not a deciding factor as to whether I cave. That's just me, the wishy washy tips
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I tend to agree with both of you. It doesn't bother me and I hardly think I'd go for dessert wine or bailey's. If I wanted to drink...I'd haul myself to the store and get a half gallon of vodka or chardonnay. So I guess that answers the question. Thanks for your input.

Comment

like you all I have a cask in the cupboard and would dwell on it more if it wasn't there

All the people that come here all drink thou they don't drink white wine but there's always beer in the fridge and red wine ( hubbies drinks )
          when the young ones are here they have there jim beam or jack daniels

we all have to do what works for us

Comment

Working...
          X