28 days this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 days this time

I write this to help myself, not particularly for responses.
    Have just blown 28 days AF and drank on friday night.
    Only 4 (500ml cans), would have been more if I didnt fall asleep on the sofa (as I do).
    Same again last night. Did nt go for my run this morning :-( .

I walk around today completely lost and miserable.
    When can I start drinking ??? Pathetic, my thoughts are constantly about planning my alcohol schedule.
    I know longer like going out for a drink, would prefer to drink alone. How sad is that.

I am really at a loss now on where to go from here.
    Cant seem to build a long period of abstinence.

My wife drinks, but not heavily. 1/2 bottle of wine on a friday and saturday would be her usual. I drink in secret quite a bit, so she is unaware of my actual intake.

Havent done anything "stupid" in a long time, dont miss work etc.
    When I am drinking, I struggle to put 3 straight days AF. Moderation for me is tougher than abstinence. Is it tougher because I dont seem to have a "rock bottom" moment.

I also feel quite selfish about being on here. I am probably not the most supportive to others ? I just seem to come on here to whinge about yet another relapse !!!

Really pissed off now, being so close to 30 days AF, which I look as a milestone.

But I suppose, thanks to mwo, I now drink less, but I dont want "less", I want to be AF !!
    My relapses used to to go on for months. Now after a few days, I want to quit again.

Maybe 1 day, I will celebrate "30 days" or "6 months" or maybe even a year. I really hope so.

My father is/was a chronic alcoholic. He almost lost everything and ended up on the streets.
    He is now over 2 years sober and his life has completely turned around, a great dad and grandad now. He has no idea of my worries. Maybe I might talk to him. We are quite close.

Anyway, I hope to go back to day 1 again. Apologies for my burdening yet again, but it really helps me to write down my shit.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Damo in Dublin
    x
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

28 days this time

read my pm and hang in there :l
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

28 days this time

G'day Damo,

I'm hearing you bro.

Folks say just keep pushing through and something has to click eventually.

Great stuff on 28 days. Positive sign you are posting. Wishing you clarity, strength and peace.

Stick with it and get day 1 out of the way. G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

28 days this time

aww damo,i know exactly where youre coming from,hang in there
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

28 days this time

Let's have a crack at this together Damo. We can do it. We have done it before and can do it again.
          Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

28 days this time

Quote "Apologies for my burdening yet again, but it really helps me to write down my shit." We have the same mind set - don't want pity from others but just need some support. Today we begin the battle to conquer the Beast in the Bottle (or in the can!)
            Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Working...
            X