Um .. can I hang out with you guys :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um .. can I hang out with you guys :)

I found this site this morning at 2am and wish to thank everyone up front for everything.

Ive been reading ever since then.

I just wanted to say hello .. I guess I should head on over to the 'Nest' then ? :new:

Dave
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Um .. can I hang out with you guys

Welcome Dave!

Comment

Hi,

The nest is a great place to be for support at the beginning and it is a very active thread compared to most others.

Have you read through the toolbox?

The links for both are given below.

Hope to see you over in the nest!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Comment

Thank you for the welcome.

Yup I read about 10 pages of the toolbox last night but I will have to go back to it now that I fired up the PC and not on the phone.

I will be over in the nest then.. thank you

Dave
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Dave- welcome to the forum. Any thread is welcome to you... lots of great info and support here! Best of luck!

Comment

:welcome:

course you can!!

Ive been hanging around here now for about a week. I'm really glad i found this place.

Trinity x

Comment

Welcome! Hope you like this forum as much as I do.

Comment

Hi Dave,:welcome:

You have come to a good place!

Best to you!
                UN

Comment

It's a good place this Dave. People are just brilliant - supportive, helpful, kind, and most importantly non- judgemental as most have been n the trenches with us. Good luck:welcome:
                  Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Hi Dave and welcome. Glad you found your way here. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Thank you again everyone. I find this site and its members to be very comforting.

Dave

Comment

Clipped Wings

Hello all,

New guy here just getting acquainted with this way of communicating. Researching alcohol cravings and Baclofen Started using the drug last week and am know taking 45mg a day with no noticeable changes yet.

Keep posting folks, your experiences and knowledge are very helpful as I begin this unknown journey.

Thanks, Clipped Wings

Comment

Hi Clipped and welcome. You may want to try posting in the Newbies Nest. It's very active, and you'll get lots of support and advice there. I just don't want your first post to get lost. I'll see you over there.

Dave, I responded to your post in the nest but I just wanted to say again, that I do understand. I know things seem dire now, and you're guilt-ridden, but there is hope for a much brighter future. First thing you need to do is help yourself. Stop drinking, get yourself healthy physically and mentally, and then you can work on repairing relationships. It can, and does, happen. I'm living proof. All is not lost, friend. You can do this. So take care yourself, and stay close.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Dave welcome. I've been thinking about you today. I really feel for you. I hope you stay the course and prove that you can beat this thing. Do this for yourself and you will reap many rewards. The respect of friends and family is priceless.
                            Welcome friend.
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hi Dave & :welcome::welcome:

So glad you found us. This is a journey we all have to go on together. This site is beyond wonderful and no one is left behind.

Settle into the nest. I'll head over there and meet you!
                              Hugs and heart,
                              :l:h
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                              X