Has anyone just taken the supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I want to start this program and dont really want to go to my doctor. I also have had some slightly elevated liver function tests in the past, so am a bit worried about taking topa.

My question is has anyone been succesful on this programme without the topa, by just the cd's and supplements.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Amanda

Hello Amanda.
    Welcome.
    I don't use Topamax and have just got the CD's, which I'm going to start listening to today.
    Itake Kudzu, L-Glutamine, evening primrose, milkthistle, vitamin b and magnesium.
    I've been taking these for a while and mostly I have been fairly successful in conrolling my alcohol intake over the last six months or so.
    I hope this has been helpful
    Paul.

Comment

I answered in your other thread

I take Topa- but there are several people that solely take supps who are successful
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Yes, I just do the supps and the CDs and they have helped me so much. I am able to moderate which includes quite a few AF (alcohol-free) days a week which I was never able to do before. The Kudzu from this site is a great craving reducer. Good luck to you!!!:welcome:
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

i just take the supps and i think i am doing o.k day 20 today af, i say i think because i will never ever get complacent about my drinking i cant afford to

Comment

Many folks are just doing the supplements and it works well for them. For me it just wasn't enough so I started Topa as well. I am on all the Supps and Topa and that is what finally did the trick. Everybody is different. Personally, I would suggest you try the supps alone to see if they work for you and if they don't then you can consider bringing in some additional guns...just my 2 pennies...that is what I did...I just didn't want to swap one drug for another....I have no regrets for doing it this way...I do hope the supps alone will work for you!!!
            :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

I find that taking all the supplements and using the CD's work wonders for me. I too did not want to involve a doctor. I did not want to face the embarassment, nor did I want the insurance company to get wind of this issue.

Anyhow, I been quite dilligent about taking all the MWO supps and listening to the CD's on a fairly regular schedule. I have found that this combo/schedule is incredible for cutting the cravings. Belive it or not, I found the biggest challenge was trying to figure out what to do with myself in the evenings instead of getting buzzed on wine! I started the program 17 days ago and have only consumed 3 glasses of wine and 1 beer - - all very sociable.

Best of luck. You can do it!!
              TC

Comment

Thanks to all!

This thread is very important to me, because I live in a small community...and I work for the Dr., so I can't come clean (so to speak).

I received the K. supplement in this afternoon's mail, and it came with a 15% off coupon for the CD's, which I'm going to order right now!

I need this to work, I need this to work, this must work, I will make this work.

I am going to need a lot of support on this journey, but it can't be local, and I can't go to a Dr.

So thanks!
                :thanks:

Comment

I've been going without the meds and just the supplements for more than a year and have been somewhat pleased with the results.
                  However, I know in my heart I cannot moderate. I know I have to stop ingesting alcohol - period.
                  But, to do that, I must look into prescription meds.
                  I can relate to you Heloise, I also live in rural Canada. I work for the local newspaper, and although EVERYBODY knows me, my doc will keep this confidential.
                  Unfortunately for me, she doesn't believe topa is the way to go. She pushes the anti-depressants.

Hey, all I can say to anyone is to try whatever feels comfortable, but pay attention to the results.

If the result is you in the bag AGAIN - try something else.

We just have to live, folks. We just do.

Helen

Comment

TC,

I've just read your post and am a brand new member. I too am a big wine drinker and wishing to moderate my consumption. What an encouragement to read how well you have been in down regulating your consumtion with suuplements and the cd's, but no Topamax.. Fortunately I have a very open relationship with my gynecologist and have emailed her to see if she would help me with Topamax, if kudzu and the cd's aren't effective enough. She is willing to work with me on using the medication. I am really wanting to do this [u]without[/U] the medication if at all possible. I'm encouraged to read about your success and hope I can acheive similar results as you.
                    Like you, I'm very sensitive about the stigma of alcohol dependence and don't want to be labeled as such in my health records or with my insurance company.

Could you be more specific with me about the supplements you are using. I eat very healthy and feel like my only nutritional weak spot is overcomsumtion of wine. I take b vitamins, multivatamin, calcium, flax seed oil and, milk thistle and just started the high level dose( 3,000 mg ) of Kudzu yesterday. I am still waiting for the hypno cd's to come in the mail. Have you found that additional supplements are really that necessary? Guess I am trying to moderate the cost of all this stuff. I'm female, age 52, typically drink about 7 5 oz. servings of wine per day, 5'4", 135 lbs. Need to be about 120-125 lbs. Want to cut down to just an occasional glass or two of wine, and be alcohol free on most days.
                    I would appreciate knowing more of your experiences so far and any additional advice you can lend.
                    Thanks TC,

Sasafras

Comment

Working...
                    X