I like sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like sleep

For many many years booze has made night time a time to battle my demons. Waking up parched at 2 am after drinking and then the night terrors start when i am unable to get back to sleep. After 16 days AF I am sleeping like a baby. I love it! However when I wake up in the morning after too much sleep I still get a hungover feeling, but it goes after 15-20 minutes so nothing like a booze hangover. Trouble is I have to go to work 45 miles away every day so need to get up at 5.30 am to beat traffic. The main issue this cuases is there's not enough time for my new sleeping hobby! So I find myself hitting the hay very early indeed. Actually it is 9pm now, so goodnight all. Up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire I go.....:h
    Last drink 6th September 2013

I like sleep

Hi Softly, i can relate to the waking bone tired and like yo I have a 45min to an hour drive but it is so much better doing it feeling tired than as hungover as.....

Day 23 here and i have gone from sleeping like a log to tossing and turning again. So i am tired from lack of sleep but i am sure over time i will settle back down again. The headaches have gone so i am thankful for that.

Enjoy that sleep of yours my day is just beginning on a Monday
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I like sleep

Wish I could sleep .. I passed out last night watching a very and long anticipated viewing of the new Star Trek .. about 20 min into the flick my body just shut down.

Got 9 hours last night and did wake up groggy but like you said about 20 min after that I felt great ! .. wish I could get rid of my baggy eyes though ( years of drinking fooked them up ).
      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

I like sleep

the best thing for baggy eyes is hemorrhoid cream believe it or not!

mind you, maybe thats why people say i look like an asshole

Comment

I like sleep

I love being able to sleep too. Wish could every night. But its great when I can. I think non drinking people wake up really foggy like that too. That would be why so much coffee is consumed? It does get better.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

I like sleep

scottishman;1559659 wrote: the best thing for baggy eyes is hemorrhoid cream believe it or not!

mind you, maybe thats why people say i look like an asshole
            No Scottie, THAT'S not why.

Softy - Go to bed as early as you need to, there's no shame in it. I am normally in bed by 8:30 but I read for a bit. But yes I understand how you feel waking up feeling hungover...I still get that sometimes. I've noticed it more when I've actually slept TOO much...
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I like sleep

Wake up Softy! :H

The other day I saw the funniest post on Facebook, it was a poster of a woman laying her head on her desk and it said "Dear Naps, I'm sorry I was so mean to you in Kindergarden"

HA! I wish we had "nap time" now!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I like sleep

zzzzzzz......

Was I asleep again? Sorry.....

Maybe it is nearly time.....:bedtime:
                Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Working...
                X