God I hate Beetroot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I hate Beetroot

But someone on here said it is good for the liver so I bought a pack today. Ate one golf ball sized piece. I will have to hold my nose to eat the rest. :upset:
    Last drink 6th September 2013

God I hate Beetroot

Softy;1562174 wrote: But someone on here said it is good for the liver so I bought a pack today. Ate one golf ball sized piece. I will have to hold my nose to eat the rest. :upset:
    Now don't be sick, Softy. They might think it's borscht :egad:

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

I love beetroot! Tastes extra nice with cheddar cheese.. Try it in a sandwich - it's a bit strong on it's own!
      AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

I love beetroot in salads and used to have it on crackers. Try with something Softy.

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

I despise beets! :egad: but they are a good liver cleanse.

So I have added them into my juicing routine- lots of carrots, celery, lemon and an a hunk of ginger..oh and 3-4 apples.

I chill this for a few hours and it actually has grown on me. Give this a try. It will take a few tries, a few experiments but ultimately it's worth it. My energy level soars.

:l

PS- latelynmi added a teaspoon of apple vinegar which is utterly gross in most cases but in this particular drink, it gives it a little 'kick' Apple Cider Vinegar s apparely good for the skin...among other things. :h
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

This is funny .... 'cos I bought some in the market just the other day ..... boiled it today ----- LOVE IT !!!:h
            Pink pee coming up :H

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

I love beets. Boiled, broiled with garlic, or juiced. But they are an acquired taste. Keep at it. They are so good for you. I used to hate them, but now can't get enough.
              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

What is the difference between beets and beet root?

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

My favorite beets are pickled in salad.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

Ooooh I used to hate beets and now love them.... My MIL taught me a good way to cook:
                    Fry a little bacon on the stove and add onion and garlic and beets and a tablespoon of orange juice and cook down for a good while
                    Yum
                    Idk if beets have to be raw to help liver? But we eat them this way

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

I like them in a salad. Roast them in a covered dish with some olive oil, peel after cooking to avoid the red mess.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

Icanwithoutacan;1562281 wrote: Ooooh I used to hate beets and now love them.... My MIL taught me a good way to cook:
                        Fry a little bacon on the stove and add onion and garlic and beets and a tablespoon of orange juice and cook down for a good while
                        Yum
                        Idk if beets have to be raw to help liver? But we eat them this way

Beets me (couldn't resist)
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

Sam- you are funny!

I did read that cooking the beets does destroy some of the health benefits. I found a lot of videos on youtube talking about juicing beets. Some good info there.

Cheers to health!

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

the juice is great for lowering blood pressure

garlic and onions are good for the liver

or even nice cooked with liver lol :H

Comment

God I hate Beetroot

Haha Sam!

Comment

Working...
                              X